• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Sora become Aqua's apprentice?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Yen Sid has been the closest thing to a mentor/master Sora has had, helped by the fact he's the leader of the anti-Xehanort movement. I think it would be really cool for Sora to learn from Aqua as his mentor as well. Maybe he won't officially be her apprentice but I think there's much that Aqua could teach him, and she'd no doubt be grateful to him for rescuing her and be more than willing to teach him. Aqua is awesome, we need more of her anyway.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
Well, it's been stated that Sora doesn't get his new outfit until after he passes the MoM Exam, so that's probably gonna happen pretty early in the game (one or two worlds in, tops).

If Aqua was going to train someone, I think it should be Lea. I realise he's been training with Mickey and Yen Sid, but if anything, that proves that the Master/Student ratio isn't always 1:1 or 1:many. Plus, let's be practical- what's Aqua's greatest strength? Magic. Lea's got plenty of combat experience, but he's got the smallest magic breadth, and you would too if you'd been locked into one element for who knows how many years.

As for Sora, I think the Master title is important. It's not just a formality, like Naruto and his ridiculous Genin status throughout the series. They specifically state that keybearers who've been officially recognized as Masters get special power unlocked (like the rights of succession Terra and Aqua perform after they'd been named a Master by another Master).
It's basically like how keyblades can choose their own wielders, but a Keyblade Inheritance ceremony is like a letter of recommendation. The title of Master is importance because all keyblades have, for some reason, agreed that it is.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As for Sora, I think the Master title is important. It's not just a formality

Except it is. Sora says as much and Yen Sid doesn't deny it. What Yen Sid wanted Sora and Riku to learn did not require them to earn the title of Master, and Sora still gained the power to awaken hearts regardless of not passing the MoM.

They specifically state that keybearers who've been officially recognized as Masters get special power unlocked (like the rights of succession Terra and Aqua perform after they'd been named a Master by another Master).

No they haven't. That is a power any person with Master-level skills can do.

Terra was never formally recognized as Master, even when Master Xehanort called him as such in passing. Xehanort never believed in Terra's abilities.

-- The Keyblade succession can only be performed by a Keyblade Master, but we see Terra performing this rite with Riku - does this mean we can consider Terra a Keyblade Master?

Nomura:
No. Terra was not awarded that title by his Master Eraqus, so no matter how Master Xehanort flatters him he is not a Keyblade Master. But that's just a matter of whether or not he's achieved the official title. Even Eraqus recognised that Terra possessed suitable power to be a Master, which is why he was able to perform the rite for Riku.

Birth by Sleep - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

What is special is what a Master teaches a new Master, in the case of Aqua who was taught the secret of Land of Departure's security system by Eraqus.

Power isn't gained when one becomes a Master. It is knowledge.

The title is 100% useless. It is formality, and an archaic one at that.

Yen Sid didn't HAVE to make Sora and Riku go through the MoM, but it is an old tradition and so it was observed in this instance although its main purpose was to teach and both boys got exactly what they needed from it.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
Alright, so it seems I may have misinterpreted a few all of those things I just said in that last paragraph. I guess it's a good thing 2.8 is coming out because I very clearly need a refresher on that sequence of events.

I do stand by my -as of yet, uncontested- Aqua/Lea training statement, however unlikely.
Does anyone know whether or not Org. members canonically had access to magic outside their designated wheelhouse (excluding gameplay stuff, like Mission Mode)? I don't think Lea even knows the basic 'cure' spell.

Anagram

Banned
Except it is. Sora says as much and Yen Sid doesn't deny it. What Yen Sid wanted Sora and Riku to learn did not require them to earn the title of Master, and Sora still gained the power to awaken hearts regardless of not passing the MoM.

No they haven't. That is a power any person with Master-level skills can do.

Terra was never formally recognized as Master, even when Master Xehanort called him as such in passing. Xehanort never believed in Terra's abilities.

What is special is what a Master teaches a new Master, in the case of Aqua who was taught the secret of Land of Departure's security system by Eraqus.

Power isn't gained when one becomes a Master. It is knowledge.

The title is 100% useless. It is formality, and an archaic one at that.

Yen Sid didn't HAVE to make Sora and Riku go through the MoM, but it is an old tradition and so it was observed in this instance although its main purpose was to teach and both boys got exactly what they needed from it.
Reasons why keyblade inheritance, titles and the entire system is so superfluous it hurts. Added convolution for the sake of having it and to give motive to Terra following Xehanort.
Maybe they'll ditch the system. It's old as dirt and you basically have people like Sora, Xehanort, Roxas and so on spitting in its face for various reasons. lol

Alright, so it seems I may have misinterpreted a few all of those things I just said in that last paragraph. I guess it's a good thing 2.8 is coming out because I very clearly need a refresher on that sequence of events.

I do stand by my -as of yet, uncontested- Aqua/Lea training statement, however unlikely.
Does anyone know whether or not Org. members canonically had access to magic outside their designated wheelhouse (excluding gameplay stuff, like Mission Mode)? I don't think Lea even knows the basic 'cure' spell.

I'm sure they can use magic. While the mission mode is questionable the story missions weren't and one such mission was teaching Roxas to use magic right?

Smithee

Awards
That's how I view it too. I mean sure guys like Sora and Riku even managed to do a lot of things that most of the other characters haven't done but that doesn't mean it makes the actions of others like the BBS trio and Days Trio any less meaningful in their own right far from it especially if they played a huge part in the respective developments of Sora and Riku even Kairi as well. The games are about learning from one another and the importance of keeping bonds that I think focusing only on their shortcomings and flaws would be missing the point. Which is why that despite the shortcomings of the BBS trio they did manage to have their share of heroic moments,managed to stop Xehanort the best they can even if they didn't fully succeed and pretty much gave blessings that helped SRK later in the games history.

DDD: "LOL, nope, they didn't even succeed at all---if anything, they just made things even worse in the long run! This is such good writing that makes the bad guy look even more powerful, LOL!"

And you wonder why I keep bashing that game.

Anyway, she, Terra, and Ven had better get some big-time payoffs in KH3 to make up for that.

Popsydoodles

DDD: "LOL, nope, they didn't even succeed at all---if anything, they just made things even worse in the long run! This is such good writing that makes the bad guy look even more powerful, LOL!"

And you wonder why I keep bashing that game.

Anyway, she, Terra, and Ven had better get some big-time payoffs in KH3 to make up for that.

Well in terms of Terra if he ever comes back, will he be able to dual wield? It's hinted that Eraqus' heart rest within him and spending all that time with Xehanort has got to have him accustomed to extreme darkness. What if he comes back as like a super dual wielding beast harnessing both light and darkness?

Aqua has survived trials within the realm of darkness as well. She has to be much stronger than before too being that close with the darkness and never faltering.

And Ventus has spent so much time with Sora bathing in his warm fuzzy light. Maybe he'll comeback feeling turbo charged on the power of friendship or something. Honestly he will probably have the least growth but who knows.

Also, would Eraqus have made a heartless and nobody? It's obvious he has a strong heart. Is there any reasoning for the absence of the two?

Last edited:

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
Well in terms of Terra if he ever comes back, will he be able to dual wield? It's hinted that Eraqus' heart rest within him and spending all that time with Xehanort has got to have him accustomed to extreme darkness. What if he comes back as like a super dual wielding beast harnessing both light and darkness?
Yes. Terra comes back and is immediately recognized as guilty-feeling early KH2 Riku, and Sora's just like, no, go talk to your friends, then talk to me about joining the synchblade club, we have membership cards.

Also, would Eraqus have made a heartless and nobody? It's obvious he has a strong heart. Is there any reasoning for the absence of the two?
Well, if he did make a heartless, it probably would have been a shadow due to his strict no-darkness policy/lifestyle. As for a Nobody... His body did just kinda disappear after his heart left... But then that would mean there's just this crazy powerful Keyblade Master Nobody dicking around in the background for twelve years, not helping save the worlds from darkness on several occasions.

I'd like to think that Xemnas' powerful-Nobody sensors went off at the castle, so he goes out to recruit only to see its Eraqus and just turns around like, "Nope, that's not happening".

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I feel like Aqua really needs some more time to become a proper master herself before having an apprentice... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back