• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Sora become Aqua's apprentice?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobizzle

I don't really know why, but I just have a feeling that when it comes to Sora's growth as a keyblade wielder and to when he rightfully earns the title of master, that Aqua will play a big role in shaping him into that. She did, after all, see potential in Sora in BBS and it's implied that she was considering performing the ritual on him until She realized that Terra had already done it on Riku.

So does anyone think Aqua will be the one mentoring Sora? As for Kairi, I think she is simply getting trained by Yen Sid in KH3, though it could also be possible that maybe Riku will teach her as well. I think he could end up teaching both her and Lea.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I can't really see Sora becoming anyone's official apprentice, to be honest. I'm not sure someone who came this close to being a Master really needs to be an apprentice to anyone lol. I also think they might avoid it just because they might worry it takes away from Sora's ordinary status.

hlc1988

Awards
Hasn't it been said that by the time KH3 starts that Sora will be a Keyblade Master and will have passed his Mark of Mastery?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Sora learns through experience points and grows stronger on his journies. There are no established heroes that have shown themselves more capable than Sora. He could learn something from one of the Xehanorts, however, if the story dictated it.

Smithee

Awards
If anything, I see Aqua renouncing her Master status out of despair and shame for how BBS ended (and how DDD made it even worse).

Kaijuguy19

Sora's said to have the mark of mastery trial ahead of him so maybe not as Aqua's apprentice but I can see them teaming up often.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
All Sora has to do is hit the orbs of light to become a master, so it shouldn't be too hard. Only Riku got the hard Mark of Mastery.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Ha, Eel. One of the interviews that came right after E3 seemed to hint that some of the keyblade transformations come after he passes the Mark of Mastery (like the chariot one) so it's not inconceivable there will be another chance for Sora to get that.

My guess at this point is he'll be set to something like Terra was, and unlike Terra (you do this, I might change my mind kinda thing), he'll actually SUCCEED to Master Yen Sid's expectations, and surpass them, then be named a Master. (Maybe rescuing Aqua, or the Key to Return Hearts? No telling at this point. I'd lay my money on rescuing Aqua somehow, for it may have to do with the clothes change, and that may happen early on.)

If it's a separate test, I'm betting Yen Sid'll be canny and think of one that 'ol Xehanort will have a really hard time interfering with this time, like something in the tower involving a book or something. But no, if anyone's Sora's sorta-mentor, it's Yen Sid.

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Ha, Eel. One of the interviews that came right after E3 seemed to hint that some of the keyblade transformations come after he passes the Mark of Mastery (like the chariot one) so it's not inconceivable there will be another chance for Sora to get that.
Thing is, in like all those interviews, Nomura's explanation is "Sora passed the Mark of Mastery in KH3D..." and we all know that is wrong, so I think he's just been bullshitting interviewers lol It could also be mistranslation tbh, I've seen one of the interviews where this is mentioned being translated by one person as saying "Sora has now passed the Mark of Mastery" or whatever, and then the same interview translated by a far better translator has Nomura clarifying that Sora now has the power of a Master. Might have to wait for KH3 to be really sure I guess.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
That's what I figure, he didn't pass in KH3D, so I thought that part was bad translation. I won't say it's inconceivable that they'll pull a Return of the Jedi on us and give Sora another crack at the Mark though. It's very entirely possible that Sora'll succeed where Terra failed and gain it sometime during the adventure.

But yeah, we'll have to see in KH3.

Hoid

Awards
If anyone were to become Aqua's apprentice, I would think it would be Kairi. Sora's already become quite powerful, and someone like Kairi, who is much less experienced, would make much more sense.

Sage-Oracle V

Highly unlikely. Sora is already effectively Yen Sid's apprentice, and considering Aqua is not only incompetent, but trapped in the realm of darkness for the vast majority of the series, by the time she does come back, Sora would already have his mark, or at least so close that tossing him to someone else would be stupid.

If anyone were to become Aqua's apprentice, I would think it would be Kairi. Sora's already become quite powerful, and someone like Kairi, who is much less experienced, would make much more sense.
See above. Kairi came to Yen Sid for keyblade training at the end of DDD.

Hope not. He should never become an official Master. Power of one, sure. The title, noooo.
What? That makes no sense, it would basically be, "lol humility stronkest isn't speshul, just like Naruto the Genin XDXDXD!!!" Even if Sora is too preoccupied with Xehanort to take the test, it should definitely either happen before KHIII, or immediately after. So logically, why shouldn't he become a master?

Kaijuguy19

^^Calling Aqua incompetent is pretty harsh especially since she's the one character out of the trio in BBS to become a Keyblade master in her own right and managed to stop Xehanort from having his plans work or at least not to a full extent at the last BBS mission. That said it would make better sense that if she were to have an apprentice it would be someone else who hasn't gotten a lot of training like Kairi or someone else even.

Sage-Oracle V

Yeah, maybe so. But her communication skills are only rivaled by Eraqus in their awfulness, and her judgement consistently got somebody screwed over (failing to stick with Terra at the Keyblade Graveyard after meeting up), failing to comprehend Eraqus' rather simple orders, continuing to tell Ventus to go home when he has not only shown plenty of ability to take care of himself, but also clearly has no intention of going back without both Terra and Aqua, etc.). She already did more to help Xehanort than hurt him until the end, and post-DDD retcons, even that just moved his plans further forward. Nevertheless, by the time she got back, Yen Sid would have already cemented himself as Kairi's master. At most I can expect her to continue mentoring Ventus unless Eraqus also inevitably comes back from the dead.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
What? That makes no sense, it would basically be, "lol humility stronkest isn't speshul, just like Naruto the Genin XDXDXD!!!" Even if Sora is too preoccupied with Xehanort to take the test, it should definitely either happen before KHIII, or immediately after. So logically, why shouldn't he become a master?

Actually, in this context, it does make sense. From game one, Sora's been the ordinary non-chosen one who just happened to become the unintentional, unofficial, and unorthodox hero of the Keyblade. Xehanort himself called him, and I quote, "a dull, ordinary boy." I suppose him not getting the title would just be a continuation of the "ordinary" thing.

Besides, in all honesty, what is that title to him? A formality. Master or not, his power is what it is. The only real reason that he took the test in DDD was because Riku was still having self-esteem issues.

Yeah, maybe so. But her communication skills are only rivaled by Eraqus in their awfulness, and her judgement consistently got somebody screwed over (failing to stick with Terra at the Keyblade Graveyard after meeting up), failing to comprehend Eraqus' rather simple orders, continuing to tell Ventus to go home when he has not only shown plenty of ability to take care of himself, but also clearly has no intention of going back without both Terra and Aqua, etc.). She already did more to help Xehanort than hurt him until the end, and post-DDD retcons, even that just moved his plans further forward.

To be fair, everyone juggled the idiot ball about equally (which was a lot...) during BBS. Heck, I'm pretty sure that most of the conflict could've been averted if Terra'd had about as much awareness or caution as KH1 Riku. Aqua didn't help things, but to be honest, I don't think she was the main factor of this downward spiral.

Besides, I can't really call someone who 1v1'd Terranort twice and won "incompetent."

Last edited:

Kaijuguy19

Yeah, maybe so. But her communication skills are only rivaled by Eraqus in their awfulness, and her judgement consistently got somebody screwed over (failing to stick with Terra at the Keyblade Graveyard after meeting up), failing to comprehend Eraqus' rather simple orders, continuing to tell Ventus to go home when he has not only shown plenty of ability to take care of himself, but also clearly has no intention of going back without both Terra and Aqua, etc.). She already did more to help Xehanort than hurt him until the end, and post-DDD retcons, even that just moved his plans further forward. Nevertheless, by the time she got back, Yen Sid would have already cemented himself as Kairi's master. At most I can expect her to continue mentoring Ventus unless Eraqus also inevitably comes back from the dead.

I'm not denying she didn't make her own share of mistakes but I just feel like saying she's incompetent comes across as being too harsh since she did eventually figured out her flaws which she did stated in Destiny Islands after what she learned about from going to different worlds,and even if what she did didn't stop Xehanort's plans from happening,it's not like she didn't made a huge struggle to not have it be worse. She did the best she could and even if she didn't make out to be the ideal Keyblade master, the fact that she did her best to make sure her friends are kept safe and striving to be a better person is still admirable. As for her possibly mentoring Ventus I could see that happen too.

Sage-Oracle V

To be fair, everyone juggled the idiot ball about equally (which was a lot...) during BBS. Heck, I'm pretty sure that most of the conflict could've been averted if Terra'd had about as much awareness or caution as KH1 Riku. Aqua didn't help things, but to be honest, I don't think she was the main factor of this downward spiral.

Besides, I can't really call someone who 1v1'd Terranort twice and won "incompetent."
In defense of Terra, most of the stuff he screwed up was because A.)Literally everyone short of Ventus was lying to him in some way or another B.)Nobody ever tried to win him over aside from Hades and Xehanort C.)He was consistently being manipulated by charades created by Xehanort (including the darkness that appeared on his arm during the mastery test, (SHUT UP, NOVELS, YOU SUCK). Over all, I don't really consider combat adequacy part of competence overall, especially when the plot is moved forward by "mind games".

Ultimately, yes, Aqua wasn't the main factor (that would be Xehanort, of course), but she was a bigger unwitting pawn than anyone else. Heck, the worst part is that Xehanort's plan probably didn't take her into account and he just lucked out that she was a moron who moved everything forward without him even knowing.

I'm not denying she didn't make her own share of mistakes but I just feel like saying she's incompetent comes across as being too harsh since she did eventually figured out her flaws which she did stated in Destiny Islands after what she learned about from going to different worlds,and even if what she did didn't stop Xehanort's plans from happening,it's not like she didn't made a huge struggle to not have it be worse. She did the best she could and even if she didn't make out to be the ideal Keyblade master, the fact that she did her best to make sure her friends are kept safe and striving to be a better person is still admirable. As for her possibly mentoring Ventus I could see that happen too.
Proportionally speaking, she made more mistakes after Destiny Islands than before it. What's up with that? Not to mention that not only did she fail to stop Xehanort's plans, but every time she decided to either take action or inaction, it moved his plans forward. Honestly, it's hard to find her ideals very admirable when her best is a -50% success rate. I guess relative to the rest of the BBS cast, she wasn't so much "completely incompetent" as she was "devoid of any effective competence", after all.

Last edited:

Kaijuguy19

^^In her defense she didn't know that some of the things she did were helping him a bit otherwise she'd make sure that never happened.

Sage-Oracle V

I understand why you would consider that to justify her shortcomings, as it does, from many perspectives. On the other hand, a large reason why I consider her to lack any competence is because she's such an unwitting tool even when the truth is staring her in the face. Not that that was very often, though. Part of being competent is being aware and shrewd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back