• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will there be mild language in KH 3D or other future KH games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Speaking of HoN, I'm surprised by how much KH can't get away with considering how some Disney movies can be pretty dark. Then again, as a video game Disney isn't really in charge of censorship. Or at least not as much as presumed.

I don't see then using anything stronger than "Hell". Maybe "damn" because it seems like another pretty passive swear word but "Hell" is used pretty sparingly as it is.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Then again, it'll probably be censored in the American release and Ansem will be holding a stick, or something non-threatening.

Pfft, that would give such a deja-vu from that hilarious scene in Days with Roxas and Xion.

Riku: "Ansem, that's a stick."

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Even if they replaced "Oh darn!" with "Oh crap!" I don't think Disney would allow it. I wouldn't mind though.

Crystal

Silver Member
I don't think there will be any mild languages.
Even if it had, as long as it didn't over offensive, it would be okay for me.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
The only time I recall any "curse" word being used in Kingdom Hearts is in Chain of Memories near the end of Sora's story where Axel talks about how everything is set up with Sora, Marluxia and the others of how they better give him "one Hell of a show!".

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The only time I recall any "curse" word being used in Kingdom Hearts is in Chain of Memories near the end of Sora's story where Axel talks about how everything is set up with Sora, Marluxia and the others of how they better give him "one Hell of a show!".

And Maleficent to Aqua in BBS if I remember correctly.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That wasn't in use of the "curse" word version of Hell.

Even then though, I don't get why they make such a fuss about some words.

It's ok to show someone's heart ripped out but not to hear some foul words which are common everywhere in the world? o_0
People sometimes really have weird priorities.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
what, unfortunately, makes me think they will stay away from curses, especially in america, was that that was changed in re: com

CoM: Axel said something like, "Give me one hell of a show."

Re:CoM: Axel said, "Woah, you guys really are something else."

It's after he lets Namine go. In Re:CoM, I think they wanted to imply that Axel had a deeper connection with Sora.
I personally didn't like the change, I was waiting for Axel to say it too, but then I heard him say the other thing instead, and personally I was a little disappointed.

But all in all, yes it was changed for Re:CoM.

IMO, it's completely different than what was originally said, which is why I didn't like the change.

SIDE NOTE:::

I myself believe that if "hell" is a curse word, then so is "heaven".

But anything else past the use of hell, I don't see them using any other "bad words".

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Curse words are just a lazy way of expressing yourself. There are a lot of other words out there to use. Get a ****ing thesaurus.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Curse words are just a lazy way of expressing yourself. There are a lot of other words out there to use. Get a ****ing thesaurus.

Yeah but curse words are meant to simplify feelings, if KH were to refer to words like "intriguing" and "indubitably" it may not appeal to the average player, so if Sora wants to refer to his situation with the word "Crap" or even the mildest of wording ike "Shut up" then I say power too him (Shut up's not a curse word but still inappropriate to use)

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Yeah but curse words are meant to simplify feelings, if KH were to refer to words like "intriguing" and "indubitably" it may not appeal to the average player, so if Sora wants to refer to his situation with the word "Crap" or even the mildest of wording ike "Shut up" then I say power too him (Shut up's not a curse word but still inappropriate to use)

People who have said "Shut Up" in the series....

Aqua, Riku, Roxas (On more than one occasion), I think Ven.....those are the first ones to come to mind. But I'm pretty sure a lot of people have said "Shut Up" in the series on various occasions.

Roro

Awards
Disney would never allow it... other wise you get Kh2's beginning all over again. "All our ___ gone!" lol
[video=youtube;3BVyfXZ8I7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3BVyfXZ8I7o#![/video]

but in all seriousness idk I don't really think I'd see the games the same if the characters were dropping curse words every now and then, but thats just me :p

Awards
I'm curious as to how they can manage a Hunchback of Notre Dame world without any signs of grittyness. I mean that movie was the darkest of any Disney movies and it's usage of religious themes and prosecution of gypsies.

They'll probably ignore that part and just have Frollo attack for other reasons.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
People who have said "Shut Up" in the series....

Aqua, Riku, Roxas (On more than one occasion), I think Ven.....those are the first ones to come to mind. But I'm pretty sure a lot of people have said "Shut Up" in the series on various occasions.

Cloud used it to comeback one of Sephiroth's accusations at Hollow Bastion. Cloud is bad at comebacks.

choco-pocky

The only person acceptable to swear in Kingdom Hearts is Cid Highwind. I can see it now, after holding all his profanities and having to give up his cigarettes, thanks to Disney censorship, he explodes in a cussing frenzy.

Lame attempt at a joke; won't get it unless you have played final fantasy VII

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Even then though, I don't get why they make such a fuss about some words.

It's ok to show someone's heart ripped out but not to hear some foul words which are common everywhere in the world? o_0
People sometimes really have weird priorities.
And body possessions, being shot in the eye, being shot in the face twice(Eraqus), stabbing someone in the back(literally and figuratively), stabbing giant keys into various chests(and no, I don't mean the fun prize kind), getting bashed in the head with boulders, among other various things.
I mean, compared to all these violent things, a 'Damn' or two wouldn't seem so bad.
Lol, Ansem attacking with a stick. And then Riku would just shake his head, snap it in half, and then pwn him with a wooden sword.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Curse words are pointless in games. They make the game no more enjoyable, but they can, rarely, add a sense of realism.

Realism + Kingdom Hearts = cmon really guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back