• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will you be getting the Japanese version of KH2.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidXIIIaxel

That figure added an extra $110 to the price tag when I was looking at getting it. I decided not to sink over $200 into a Japanese edition and instead went with the $100 option :p

They had Bravely Default, Lightning Returns, and Thief releasing in February, so they probably thought "might just release it in March".
i see. too many good games in one month. if im correct. lol

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
That figure added an extra $110 to the price tag when I was looking at getting it. I decided not to sink over $200 into a Japanese edition and instead went with the $100 option :p

Damn, I didn't really pay attention to the prices... I think I'll pass on that as well then, no matter what money I may come into. It's not like the figure would do me any good. It would sit on a shelf, and I would never sell it (I must keep this mentality when trying to make reasonable decisions about my purchases)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I can always believe. I WILL always believe.

You know, that Limit Form Sora figure would be pretty sweet as well. That is honestly probably the best reason to import a CE from Japan if they never release it as an individual

Actually, if you understand some Japanese, on this page it is stated that the Play Arts Kai figure will be available for individual purchase, although the release date hasn't been specified yet.

I had wanted to order the game with the figure, but after finding out about this, I decided to go with just the game. It comforts me to know that I will still be able to get my hands on that figure some time in the future and that its distribution isn't just a one-off event.

MegaCore5

Awards

Wow that is pretty pricey indeed! I would would have gone with the cheapest version too.

davidXIIIaxel

Damn, I didn't really pay attention to the prices... I think I'll pass on that as well then, no matter what money I may come into. It's not like the figure would do me any good. It would sit on a shelf, and I would never sell it (I must keep this mentality when trying to make reasonable decisions about my purchases)
thats true. me too. i gotta spend my money wisely. if i spend it on things ill never use then whats the point of buying it?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Wow that is pretty pricey indeed! I would would have gone with the cheapest version too.
It's very pricey. I'm looking at this website again, in American dollars, the normal edition is $61.50.
With the playart it's $176.04.
The 1.5, 2.5 and playart bundle is $212.45, and the one with both games, the bluray, the playart etc. is $261.65.

And this doesn't include shipping which was $7.77, and I paid for Fedex's 2-5 day delivery which was an extra $30.

So I decided that the standard edition will be fine since it's a LOT of money.

davidXIIIaxel

Actually, if you understand some Japanese, on this page it is stated that the Play Arts Kai figure will be available for individual purchase, although the release date hasn't been specified yet.

I had wanted to order the game with the figure, but after finding out about this, I decided to go with just the game. It comforts me to know that I will still be able to get my hands on that figure some time in the future and that its distribution isn't just a one-off event.
wow they are talking about blu-ray disc music and the package deals, but its limited so that sucks. but its also awesome their talking about illustrations of the history of kingdom hearts. its an art collection i think it says. thats awesome!

MegaCore5

Awards
wow they are talking about blu-ray disc music and the package deals, but its limited so that sucks. but its also awesome their talking about illustrations of the history of kingdom hearts. its an art collection i think it says. thats awesome!
You mentioned blue ray so im gonna go off topic (yet again im afraid) what if KH had their own movie, and not something cheap like FF 7 advent children. I mean a Movie that summed up a lot of the kingdom hearts series!

Max

Staff member
Awards
thats true. me too. i gotta spend my money wisely. if i spend it on things ill never use then whats the point of buying it?

With The Last of Us CE for example: They had that sweet bundle with the Joel and Ellie statue for 150, or the bundle with the hardcover art book for 80. In a situation like this, I would get so much more use out of the artbook for almost half the money.

davidXIIIaxel

With The Last of Us CE for example: They had that sweet bundle with the Joel and Ellie statue for 150, or the bundle with the hardcover art book for 80. In a situation like this, I would get so much more use out of the artbook for almost half the money.
yeah i would like an art book instead because i like to draw alot. :)

Max

Staff member
Awards
Are there any artbooks available in an of the Japanese CE's?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Are there any artbooks available in an of the Japanese CE's?

There is. It's dubbed Visual Arts Collection. It seems to contain illustrations over the course of the series' history as well as some key arts.

Unfortunately, it's only available as a bundle with the CE along with a copy of 1.5 (and the music BD), so it's pretty expensive. It's price-tagged at 15,120 JPY.

davidXIIIaxel

There is. It's dubbed Visual Arts Collection. It seems to contain illustrations over the course of the series' history as well as some key arts.

Unfortunately, it's only available as a bundle with the CE along with a copy of 1.5 (and the music BD), so it's pretty expensive. It's price-tagged at 15,120 JPY.
man thats sucks that you have to buy it in a bundle if you dont want the bundle

Max

Staff member
Awards

Dang... Now this is one that I would like to see sold individually sometime, I'd be willing to pay 40 bucks or so for a really good art book. Maybe someone will decide to sell the CE pieces separately on amazon or ebay after the fact, but I kind of doubt it (or if they do, it'll probably be more than I'm willing to pay).

davidXIIIaxel

Dang... Now this is one that I would like to see sold individually sometime, I'd be willing to pay 40 bucks or so for a really good art book. Maybe someone will decide to sell the CE pieces separately on amazon or ebay after the fact, but I kind of doubt it (or if they do, it'll probably be more than I'm willing to pay).
if they do it'll be alot more than you are willing to pay. trust me, thats how it works.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Holy crap! If what Chaser said is accurate...You're lookin to pay $300 for the version with the whole shebang!!!

in all honesty, there are so many more things I'd rather spend that $300 on. That's close enough to a PS4 that I'd rather doll out the extra hundred for a console than the Collectors Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back