• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wish: New Disney Flick coming out around Thanksgiving!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
Can we talk about the ending credits cameos for a moment?

It was a really cute idea that I wish could have been better executed.

My most basic complaint is how they missed out a bunch of movies for seemingly no reason (both Rescuers movies, Black Cauldron, Meet the Robinsons, the entirety of the Wartime era bar Icabod).

My secondary complaint is some of the character choices to represent each movie. Maleficent and Yzma are pretty weird choices for Sleeping Beauty and ENG, but the most infuriatingly baffling is having Professor Callahan/Yoki for the BH6 rep. Like, really, you thought the shitty villain who nobody likes made more sense than Baymax or Hiro?

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I completely didn’t realize that Rescuers, Meet the Robinson, and Black Couldron weren’t in credits. I sort of understand Maleficent, as she’s kind of the face of the Disney villains and she’s heavily advertised to this day. However, I do agree that Aurora would’ve been a better face for Sleeping Beauty in itself. Kuzco definitely would’ve made more sense than Yzma as well. And yeah, using Callahan is a horrible idea considering how he’s one of the most criticized Disney villains and I’ve barely seen anyone mention him since.
So, I don't entirely understand the whole "the movie completely ignores that Magnifico has a point" criticism. Because, well… it really doesn't?
I also find it confusing. I believe Magnifico's motivations and his paranoia regarding potentially dangerous wishes could have been more properly defined. However, this doesn't negate the fact that he has a controlling nature that could’ve leaned into dictatorship at any moment. Hell, when Asha defied his thought process he literally told her that her grandpa and mother’s wishes would essentially be held captive and never granted out of spite. Throughout the movie, he consistently displays an inflated sense of self-importance, even if it initially came off as a gag. He believes he knows better than everyone else, which ultimately leads him to embrace the forbidden book even before it overtakes him and transforms him into a power-hungry villain. While he may have had valid reasons to be cautious, it still doesn't change the fact that he exhibits narcissistic tendencies in his perception of how a kingdom should be ruled.

But maybe I’m giving the film too much credit lol.

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards
Hot take: "Knowing What I Know Now" is a certified banger.

I've seen people criticise this one along with the other songs, and I just don't get what's not to love. The visuals, the ominous beat, the progression, the teens' individual bits, the way it abruptly stops when it looks like the Queen has busted them BUT THEN SHE JOINS IN AAAAAHHHHHHHHH I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH.

Last edited:
Back