• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wish: New Disney Flick coming out around Thanksgiving!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
No offense and you’re likely right about some of these but you seem very pessimistic whenever a new movie seems to come out lol.
None taken, and it has been a very underwhelming..."Revival" Era, especially post-pandemic. One bad business decision after another has made my nostalgia for Disney become very bleak. The 100th year anniversary was sort of like the gambit I've been pining on for Disney's redemption and yet...well...

I still like Disney, but I feel that in the movie making scene, everything post-Disney+ (which might've been the death knell) is a hit or miss and have been mostly misses, especially in their accounting books, and a bit closer to home, they're spreading themselves very thin in the gaming scene, dipping their fingers in too many pies. I can't help but be skeptical.

Right now I'm just watching this because this movie is definitely THE Hail Mary for Disney.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
None taken, and it has been a very underwhelming..."Revival" Era, especially post-pandemic. One bad business decision after another has made my nostalgia for Disney become very bleak. The 100th year anniversary was sort of like the gambit I've been pining on for Disney's redemption and yet...well...

I still like Disney, but I feel that in the movie making scene, everything post-Disney+ (which might've been the death knell) is a hit or miss and have been mostly misses, especially in their accounting books, and a bit closer to home, they're spreading themselves very thin in the gaming scene, dipping their fingers in too many pies. I can't help but be skeptical.

Right now I'm just watching this because this movie is definitely THE Hail Mary for Disney.
That’s fair, it’s fair to be skeptical. I’m excited for the movie but given Disney’s post-pandemic history I can understand why some people wouldn’t be.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I’m one of the lucky few that have enjoyed the post-streaming “theatrical” releases, more so than some of the Revival films (ie. Frozen). Strange World was exactly my speed/jam. I thought Elemental was pretty amazing too, even though it’s technically Pixar. Encanto was cute. I think Raya is the only one I haven’t seen. Needless to say I’m excited for Wish.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’ve been on the fence with this one, but this clip may have sold me.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I don’t really listen to critics, but I’m shocked the movie isn’t doing very well critically. It currently has a 55% on Rotten Tomatoes. I wanna see the audience rating though.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I can’t merge it but I can link it:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
The movie was adorable and I like the songs. Although I’ve noticed some of the lyrics in a few songs were a bit… strange? I doubt they were written by an AI like the allegations said, but they were strange.

I am very confused as to why people dislike the ending because it came off as a basic Disney ending to me.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Well...I just finished watching it. It was...hmmm...

It wasn't the best, but it was the perfect film to cap the 100th year anniversary.

The art style was appealing. It was a cute hybrid of 2D and 3D animation. The soundtrack was also good. Finding the easter eggs of all the previous films was amusing. It called back to the nostalgia, and also made for an interesting interpretation of the origin of some Disney mythos staples.

If I'm being honest, I'm not overwhelmed, but I'm content with it. It was worth passing the time, but something I probably won't rewatch unless I stumble on it in the most random situations, such as if it were in an in-flight movie roster or shown when shopping for a new TV screen for the PS6/7/what-have-you.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Just got home from it.

Well, not their best but perfect film to cap this 100th anniversary. Neko didn't want to go at first, but he told me he'd want to rewatch it on Disney Plus after to see if he can catch all the references. I thought it was entertaining and got the point across. ^^ (I thought the villain was decent and basically it shows how he turns into a villain from note one; Neko thought he wasn't one of the top villains but he works.)

Hopefully they can top this next film they do, and this will be the Oliver and Company that launches the next era.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It was good. Not great, but enjoyable. Definitely has plenty of plot holes I wish had been filled. The king clearly has valid reasons for what he does but we never actually get that. Like, clearly he’s affected by trauma and actually hates that people beg him to grant wishes and something about wishes makes him fear losing everything again but hey he used the evil book so he’s super evil now ✌️

The songs are catchy and not as bad as people made them out to be.

I feel like critics went into this film wanting something perfect and just got a fun kids film instead.

Star is the best.

Back