• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

With all the build up of Xehanort's army...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Part of me wonders if the end of KH3D will see the people in torment saved, but Sora will have to be saved in KH3. It looks like he's going into a long sleep at the end of 3D by the looks of that last trailer, and the secret ending of BBSFM (Ventus and Sora vanishing) seems to suggest that things are going to get worse before they get better for our protagonist.

I could see KH3 involving a lot of gameplay as characters you've played as before combing Disney worlds to find Sora.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Part of me wonders if the end of KH3D will see the people in torment saved, but Sora will have to be saved in KH3. It looks like he's going into a long sleep at the end of 3D by the looks of that last trailer, and the secret ending of BBSFM (Ventus and Sora vanishing) seems to suggest that things are going to get worse before they get better for our protagonist.

I could see KH3 involving a lot of gameplay as characters you've played as before combing Disney worlds to find Sora.

If we can trust Nomura on his implying (he also said in a recent interview that Sora and Riku have to make preparations for saving "those sleeping in sadness") the saving is part of KH III's story.
If Sora has to be saved in the beginning of KH III it will most likely be a task for Mickey, Riku and possibly Lea to do, and not really one of the tormented ones.
Furthermore, when Xehanort gets to capture Sora, he also automatically captures (indirectly) Ventus, Roxas and Xion because they are inside Sora, effectively giving him four hostages.
Terra's status is still unknown so the only ones of the tormented ones that may be able to help Mickey and Riku would be possibly Aqua, Ansem the Wise and perhaps Naminé.

Not only for our protagonist but also for the whole faction of good guys I would say, as their suffering gets prolonged when Sora is in peril himself.
There's an old saying though: "The night is darkest before dawn."
Maybe that is exactly what Nomura is aiming for. The whole mess gets disastrously worse one more time before it finally gets better, which may also serve as another incentive to the players to look forward to finally kick Xehanort's crazy ass. ;)

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
If we can trust Nomura on his implying (he also said in a recent interview that Sora and Riku have to make preparations for saving "those sleeping in sadness") the saving is part of KH III's story.
If Sora has to be saved in the beginning of KH III it will most likely be a task for Mickey, Riku and possibly Lea to do, and not really one of the tormented ones.
Furthermore, when Xehanort gets to capture Sora, he also automatically captures (indirectly) Ventus, Roxas and Xion because they are inside Sora, effectively giving him four hostages.
Terra's status is still unknown so the only ones of the tormented ones that may be able to help Mickey and Riku would be possibly Aqua, Ansem the Wise and perhaps Naminé.

Not only for our protagonist but also for the whole faction of good guys I would say, as their suffering gets prolonged when Sora is in peril himself.
There's an old saying though: "The night is darkest before dawn."
Maybe that is exactly what Nomura is aiming for. The whole mess gets disastrously worse one more time before it finally gets better, which may also serve as another incentive to the players to look forward to finally kick Xehanort's crazy ass. ;)

Good point.

That's one quote I love actually, especially when they used it in the Dark Knight. =D

Sora's definitely not gonna have a happy ending in this game though. Riku and the King hopefully will, but I can't see things turning out well for Sora right now.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Good point.

That's one quote I love actually, especially when they used it in the Dark Knight. =D

Sora's definitely not gonna have a happy ending in this game though. Riku and the King hopefully will, but I can't see things turning out well for Sora right now.

Thanks.
But yeah, the very title Sora gained (key that connects everything) endangers him and makes him a target for the enemy party. Xehanort is far from dumb and if he can get his hands on Ventus he would have not only X-blade material again but also a leverage on Terra if he was successful until now resisting him to a degree.
He knows surely very well that when he takes Sora out somehow there is no possibility to save the tormented ones, too.

It's also a quote that holds often true in many fictional works, so I won't be surprised if this is also true here.

I won't be surprised at all if DDD leaves us with a cliffhanger that has Sora still in peril. Like that in the last scene Xehanort extracts and captures Ven's heart from within Sora and maybe unleashes Vanitas to take over Sora's body.
The prologue of KH III has then the player controlling Riku with Mickey and possibly Lea as party members going to rescue Sora while he himself has to fight Vanitas in his own heart, backed up (possibly) by Roxas and Xion.

Absolute

I am expecting that 3D will end as a villain victory. Now, it may be varying degrees, either some villian plans are stopped or ruined but most of the plans succeed or that Xehanort wins everything at the end, only for KHIII start off with thinking of ways to stop him.

In other words, i suspect 3D will have a downer ending.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Thanks.
But yeah, the very title Sora gained (key that connects everything) endangers him and makes him a target for the enemy party. Xehanort is far from dumb and if he can get his hands on Ventus he would have not only X-blade material again but also a leverage on Terra if he was successful until now resisting him to a degree.
He knows surely very well that when he takes Sora out somehow there is no possibility to save the tormented ones, too.

It's also a quote that holds often true in many fictional works, so I won't be surprised if this is also true here.

I won't be surprised at all if DDD leaves us with a cliffhanger that has Sora still in peril. Like that in the last scene Xehanort extracts and captures Ven's heart from within Sora and maybe unleashes Vanitas to take over Sora's body.
The prologue of KH III has then the player controlling Riku with Mickey and possibly Lea as party members going to rescue Sora while he himself has to fight Vanitas in his own heart, backed up (possibly) by Roxas and Xion.

That would be the most awesome experience ever.

crash13

Awards
Thanks.

I have a feeling the Sora vs Vanitas battle would be Final Mix.

Absolute

Part of me is hoping for the final scene showing Ven opening his eyes : 3

I can picture the scene were they show ven's throne empty in CO and then the camera pans to him slowly walking to the door but showing the back of him. Then he gets to the door and the camera pans up to his face with him pening his eyes only to show that they are golden and he gives a slasher smile like vanitas.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
look at it this way:

Ven: We need aqua before we can save him because only she can reach him.
Xion: Probably needs Roxas to be saved first.
Roxas: probably will be the easiest to save since he sort of resides in the protagonist
Aqua: I believe Axel's task is to save Aqua, since he cant enter the RoS and shes not trapped there.
Terra: will be saved last. I think he'll be saved right before they defeat xehanort for the last time.
Ansem the Wise: Will be saved with Aqua?

So i think the order will be this.
Aqua
Ansem the Wise
Roxas
Xion
Ven
Terra.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That would be the most awesome experience ever.

And make for quite some excitement as well. ;)

I have a feeling the Sora vs Vanitas battle would be Final Mix.

What for a Final Mix? The Sora vs Vanitas battle would take place in the prologue of KH III right in the beginning, as in my scenario above the last scene of DDD would be Xehanort extracting Ven's heart from Sora and set Vanitas upon him...but the resolution would only come in KH III. :p

I can picture the scene were they show ven's throne empty in CO and then the camera pans to him slowly walking to the door but showing the back of him. Then he gets to the door and the camera pans up to his face with him pening his eyes only to show that they are golden and he gives a slasher smile like vanitas.

If you're referring to the scenes of "A fragmentary passage" I rather suspect that these are symbolic for Xehanort (his eyes are overimposed in the image when both Sora and Ven vanish) capturing both Sora and Ven.
We had the "Vanitas tries to enslave Ven"-bit already in BBS with Aqua in her final battle and Ven himself already trashed Vanitas for trying that. Doing the same thing again would be extremely lame and degrade Aqua's and Ven's efforts in BBS. Not to mention Ven would not allow the bastard to take over again.

look at it this way:

Ven: We need aqua before we can save him because only she can reach him.
Xion: Probably needs Roxas to be saved first.
Roxas: probably will be the easiest to save since he sort of resides in the protagonist
Aqua: I believe Axel's task is to save Aqua, since he cant enter the RoS and shes not trapped there.
Terra: will be saved last. I think he'll be saved right before they defeat xehanort for the last time.
Ansem the Wise: Will be saved with Aqua?

So i think the order will be this.
Aqua
Ansem the Wise
Roxas
Xion
Ven
Terra.

The first thing is, you forgot Naminé in your list.
There are seven tormented ones who called out for Sora.

While I originally mostly agreed with this order above I am not so sure anymore, also when taking into account the new scenes we have from the premiere event.
Considering Roxas came from both Sora and Ven, I would certainly not be surprised if in order to save Roxas both Ventus and Sora are needed.

flurryflames

look at it this way:

Wouldn't be surprised if he could get to ROS. Axel/Lea's task should be to save or find the other somebodies. I Remeber reading something about it. Mickey should find Aqua.

Think about it. Castle Oblivion is the only place that the nobodies know about without losing memories. They can't find Ven, but they could lead the others to the place. Well Ienzo, Even, Elaeus, and Lea could since when they were nobodies were familar with the place.

I see war taking place. Xeohanort will have an army and so will Sora's group. We have seen Sora's group, but what about Xeohanort's group besides a few people we know will be evil?

Grothe406

In one of the more recent interviews Nomura states that in the end of KH3D we will see the true form of Xehanort. I assume that he intends to create his own body, or recreate it in a much younger and more powerful state. When doing this he will more than likely leave Terra's body and implant his heart into the new vessel. My theory is in order to awaken Terra, whose heart and body are already together (Unless Xehanort takes Terra's heart as collateral, but the opening suggests no), Sora must reunite the piece of soul left inhabiting Terra's armor with his heart and body. This is why I feel Terra will be one of the first to be awakened, not the last. Just something to factor in to your theories. (Yes, I am having way too much fun with this.:tongue:)

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
In one of the more recent interviews Nomura states that in the end of KH3D we will see the true form of Xehanort. I assume that he intends to create his own body, or recreate it in a much younger and more powerful state. When doing this he will more than likely leave Terra's body and implant his heart into the new vessel.
The "true" form of Xehanort is most likely Xehanort's Heartless inside of Terra's body and soul. No reason for Xehanort's heart to abandon Terra's body when Terra isn't fighting back.

My theory is in order to awaken Terra, whose heart and body are already together (Unless Xehanort takes Terra's heart as collateral, but the opening suggests no),
Considering the whole Xehanort mess, it's hard to say where exactly Terra's heart is.

Sora must reunite the piece of soul left inhabiting Terra's armor with his heart and body.
Lingering Sentiment is only confirmed to have Terra's mind; there's been no mention in the series of the possibility of souls splitting into pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back