• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

With my last Breath - My Swansong against LoC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
OOC: You do realize that Soul energy comes from the Astral Plane, not Paradigm. If you were a completely astral being, which you pretty much are, Paradigm is the EXACT opposite of what you are, which would cause you indescribable horrendous pain. Sorry, thought I'd point that out....

Since that could affect your post, I'll let you reply, and see what you're going for.

Lord of Chaos

Valyon just grinned. As the contentious movements of Dusk seemed to grow more definate, more determined... and more erratic, he couldn't help but watch in curiosity. He had been a better opponent than at first expected, then again, Val couldn't help but wonder if maybe really deep down inside he was expecting this. If he was expecting this fight to turn into a nice little battle. He still wasn't putting a full effort into this; he wanted to gauge Dusk's power first, and see how truly powerful he really was.

There was a sense of dismay in his eyes as the attacks were aptly dealt with. He had of course gotten in a hit with his Paradigm Blast, but that was about it. Still, the two-pronged attack had surved its purpose. Now, Val was onto something else completely. He had to think of a new strategy, which overall wouldn't be such a hard thing. The thoughts seemed to swirl around inside of his head before he finally latched onto a couple of them. However, he had to wait, for it seemed that Dusk was finally launching an attack.

A number of possibilities and list of strategems ran into his head almost instantly. There were so many things he could do to throw off this attack. The thing about it was, that only a few of them would leave him with ample enough time to launch a counterattack in the process. His mind circulated over these ideas, until he narrowed it down to two of them. Option A included creating a clone that would, in a sense, create a backfire once destroyed. The other option, while not quite as immediately offensive, was what he eventually decided on.

Valyon brought up his hand, and muttered something under his breath. His left hand was knife-like, and was in front of his face, one edge facing the attack, the other edge (which included his thumb) facing his... face. After a few moments of incoherent mumbling, he finally glared up at the attack. His eyes were completely black, and he couldn't help but surface a wicked-looking smile on his features. The smile didn't last long, as suddenly a blast of equal proportion was launched from his hand, which had temporarily glowed a dark purple.

It was a pure soul energy attack... however, it wasn't Valyon's soul. It was a pure evil soul. A pure evil soul was, in all technicality, just as powerful as a pure good one. It seemed to spiral outwards at an alarmingly fast rate, and suddenly met Dusk's attack head-on. The resulting effect was to what Valyon desired. There was a bright and intense explosion, in which Valyon used to mysteriously vanish from sight, sound, and sensory.

He reappeared above twenty yards above Dusk, looking down at him. It was funny, because it was as if he were floating, relaxed, as if there was no fight at all. His hands were resting behind his head, and his gaze seemed sleepy, unaware of things around him. He finally brought it lazily up to Dusk, and as he did, his eyes suddenly turned a different color, a very bright and light-toned blue. Within the next second, his hands were out, and once more, for the third time in the fight... the battlefield shifted.

Suddenly, there seemed to be a very intense feeling of something around them. For a moment, no one could really tell what it was, but after a few seconds of growing use to the surroundings, as new as they were, indeed it would become apparent. The feeling was raw and untapped energy. It wasn't just any energy though... it was a by-product of the single most dangerous force in the Omniverse. Something that was creative and destructive in the same instant. It was Chaos energy.

Valyon looked around, now about twenty yards in front of Dusk, facing him. He seemed to enjoy the surroundings for some reason, and the Chaos really didn't seem to affect him. He gazed around happily, as if he was reminiscing on something. Then, a look of worry and fear entered his eyes, just for a moment, but it was there. He finally looked back down to Dusk, and came eye-to-eye with him again. His gaze no longer contained any emotion, and was back to the placid observance that they once had.

"A little history lesson for you, Dusk. Where we stand now, is known by one name -- The Last Barrier. As to what it's a barrier of... you should try and figure out sometime. The huge and intense and slightly painful feeling you feel is Chaos energy, a by product of Chaos. That may or may not give you a clue as to what is behind this barrier.... and what that barrier protects the Omniverse from. It's funny, I was one of the three non-Gods that imprisoned... him. I think you can call it a him. Oh well, back to this."

He brought up his hands, and held them, fingers spread, palms flat, towards Dusk. He stood there, if it could be called standing, in space. He closed his eyes, forgetting his surroundings and the fact that Dusk was even there. He didn't do it out of disrespect however, he did it because he was drawing upon something. He was concentrating for some sort of... "super" attack, as it could be called. His head was cocked slightly downward, and his features seemed to show a sense of calmness, but at the same time... troubled thinking.

There seemed to be a faint humming coming from somewhere. One could not really detect exactly where at first, but it was there, and completely recognizable. For a moment, it seemed to waiver, before it grew stronger in its loudness and in strength. Soon, it was so strong, that the area surrounding the two of them seemed to shake with the very force that it was producing. This humming suddenly stopped, as a small, marble-sized ball of light blue energy seemed to appear in front of Valyon's hands, between them.

The force of power given off by this sphere was colossal. For most, it wouldn't even be calculable, and even for those with higher-up powers, they still would have trouble fathoming it. It was Valyon dipping within his very source of power, if it was only just for an instant. If he was to truly tap his abilities and power within, the results would have been devastating... not just for Dusk, but for the Omniverse itself. This sphere seemed to slowly grow in size and power, as bolts of multi-colored lightning seemed to spark from it, striking in random places.

As the sphere grew, Valyon slowly opened his eyes, still gazing down. He seemed to have a good bit of his concentration into this sphere, but not quite all of it. In fact, probably just half of it. Stars seemed to blink out in the distance, just suddenly going Supernova. One could wonder why, but then it would probably become obvious. The power that this attack of his was requiring was truly phenomenal, it was sucking the energy out of weak stars. Hell, it was really even sucking the energy out of small systems, single star and binary.

Soon, the sphere was the size of a grown average human man in diameter. It only seemed to be growing still, even at this point. The humming seemed to come back, only a lower tone, but it still could be heard. It was just as strong as ever, too, shaking the very threads of the Plane they currently existed upon. Valyon seemed to still be looking down, even at this point, as if he was still trying to reach something, think of something. Then... a smile slowly broke across his face, as he became blocked out of view as the sphere continued to grow.

"... You know, I talked earlier of powerful beings. I mean that, as in humanoid, sane thinking creatures like us... or at least, like you. Point not withstanding... I don't think you've ever had the chance to meet the most powerful creature in the Omniverse. They are very reclusive, and very rare. However, that withstanding, I'm creating my own. These are, of coures, Dragons. However, not many have had the glory of seeing this creature. Its size is unimaginable... your sun would only be about the size of its eye. It's known by only one name..."

Suddenly, Valyon let his hands down. As he did, the sphere seemed to suddenly bloat in size. It grew so large, so fast, that rips appeared in the very fabric of reality around them. The plane didn't seem as if it'd be able to hold this unimaginable force. The catastrophany and destruction that the very expansion this was causing could only be recognized as a foreshadowing of what was coming. Soon, the sphere had stopped growing, and the plane seemed to hold... for now.

"The Eternity Dragon."

Then, there was a sound. It was so loud, so filled with uncontrollable rage, that it didn't even seem like there was a sound there at all. The sphere, which was now at an uncalculable size, seemed to suddenly explode, but without a shockwave, or an aftershock of any sort. It just... popped, so to speak. It was then apparent, as if not before, that Valyon was not telling a joke. It seriously was a dragon. Its size was true to form. There seemed to be a babbling pouring forth from its mouth, that seemed to sound like all the languages of the Omniverse combined into one. It slowly looked down, at Dusk, as if it could see a microscopic thing... which it could. It could sense his power level.

It looked like something out of an untold or forgotten legend. The horns that seemed to run along its head looked as if they could rip the dimension in half. It gave another roar of un-sound before it finally gave a smile... a most ominous smile. Suddenly, it opened its mouth, letting loose a huge blast of raw anti-matter energy. Then, as it did that, it flapped its gargantuan wings, sending astronomically sized waves of Solar wind at Dusk at the same time.

OOC: On a side note, I want to tell you that this dragon is completely made up of time-flux and raw matter energy. Yet it is still a sentient being. Think of that thing off the end of Final Fantasy: Spirits Within... that large blue thing... that's what it looks like, cept it's a dragon.

Last edited:

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
OOC: FTW?? How am I just now seeing this? LDJ, you gotta be pulling my leg man? ;_;

You were my first decent battle opponent, and one of Makyu's first allies in death, one of the few people I respected, and still do. You'll be missed man, this sucks. T_T

Oh, and I see how it is. You tell me so much about this final form thing, and we don't even get to put our plan into action with it, was hoping to be there to see you unleash it, I waited so long. T_T XD

Ah well, it's cool, whup his ass. XD

Solarized

A Legend Returned
In a place where your worst nightmares are real
ooc: I just knew that going to the cinema with my girlfreind (at the time) to see a chick flick instead of seeing FF:Spirits Within would come back to haunt me one day..........i just knew it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valyon was truly an intriguing person, let alone opponent, especially in the way he looked at the rest of the Omniverse. Was it possible that Valyon never took anything serious? He appeared to simply bend the fabrics of space and time around his little finger and then smirk as he watched his actions took one of two things: turning into complete chaos, or falling just short of it, and what was worse was the simple fact that no being in the Omniverse could possibly gauge how much power Valyon wielded.

The power he was able to summon was impressive, but was impressed even more was that Valyon was able to harness pure evil through his own soul and thus nullify Dusk’s own attack, though it was rather weak compared to what Dusk could fully achieve. However some good did come of the attack, watching the two blasts collide Dusk knew exactly what would happen next and as the blinding flash of light erupted on the two of them Valyon would be able to see Dusk turn to face the Mars surface, however after he teleported to with metres of Dusk he would only see the white void that had replaced Dusk’s pale skin. What Dusk had done would be completely oblivious to Valyon, until Dusk was ready to show him.

Now the question of Valyon’s power would once again be brought up in the back of Dusk’s mind as with one simple smirk they were both transported to another battlefield on Valyon’s mere wish. Maybe Valyon didn’t even move, maybe the Omniverse moved and shifted around the two of them. However Valyon was at this point making Dusk slightly nauseous, this consistent travelling back and forth through the Omniverse would’ve made him sick if he still had a mortal body, though the choice of venue this time was typical of Valyon, but dangerous at the same time.

This “Last Barrier” which Valyon introduced Dusk too was indeed powerful. Instantly Dusk could feel the grand amount of energy that was being used to keep it sealed, not just energy for that fact, Chaos energy, Chaos energy at possibly it’s most pure form. Truly the being held behind this barrier was powerful and through Valyon’s brief history lesson Dusk could quickly gather who was being held behind the barrier, his name had already been mentioned once during this fight.

Father Chaos

However now wasn’t the time to focus on this powerful being, the barrier was there to hold him. Was it possible that Valyon had brought Dusk here simply to show him what he was truly capable of, of the power he could harness? Possibly. Keeping his focus on Valyon he watched as he simply smirked and patiently waited for something. As he floated there with his palm outstretched Dusk could hear a high-pitched noise, one that pierced the ears, just like a loud ringing which you couldn’t get rid off, which stuck in your ears. The noise grew, louder and sharper and it began to vibrate the very fabric of space before it stopped suddenly and revealed it’s true form, a small marble like sphere of energy, one which Dusk could easily sense and fear. It continued to grow larger and stronger with each passing second, however Dusk was fully preparing himself for the assault.

Even though they were at this “Last Barrier” they were still in the Omniverse, an Omniverse full of life and hope, and it was this power which Dusk could tap into. Slowly from all the nearest stars around them a small stream of light began to flow towards Dusk, it would take a while to arrive though but it was on the way and this power would help Dusk to victory.

Meanwhile though Valyon began another one of his long winded explanations, he seemed to have a habit of them, then again who would want to stand up and interrupt him when he was in the middle of a speech, not many that’s for sure. He seemed to speak with passion though as he began to describe one of the powerful beings in the Omniverse, the Dragon. It was true that Dragon’s were indeed the most powerful beings in the Omniverse as Dusk knew with first hand knowledge. It reminded him of the time the two of them first met, when Valyon became evil, temporarily it would seem. As Dusk was allied against Valyon he witnessed him summon an almighty Dragon to fight his friend Ukiah Oregon. The power it possessed was jaw dropping; even Ukiah had a hard time defeating it. However that was then, and this is now. Since then Dusk had grown in power, grown in skill and had grown in respect. Even the mighty Dragons would feel his power, though Dusk did slightly underestimate its size.

After a minute or so the Eternity Dragon appeared from the blue light that was but a mere marble moments before. It towered over Dusk, him being the mere marble now compared to the Dragon and it simply looked down on him with nothing but malicious intents, which came forth in the form of a large blast of raw anti-matter which came from it’s large tooth filled mouth. The blast was indeed powerful but Dusk was quick to react, drawing his Valkrye sword from his belt, the one thing which remained after his transformation from earlier. Drawing it out in front of him it shielded Dusk from the full force of the attack, sending the blast either side of the soul warriors body, though with devastating effects.

As the Eternity Dragon finished it’s assault Dusk watched on as his sword began to simply crack all over. For a generation the blade had travelled with Dusk fighting evil and the sorts in the hands of Dusk. Maybe now was the time the blade was shattered into the emptiness of space……..and evolve just as Dusk had. For you see the Valkrye was forged from pure soul energy, best unknown to the warrior who passed it onto Dusk. The finest warriors of old who had spent their lives fighting evil crafted it and it was this energy which made the sword so powerful and it was this energy which would be brought forth today. As the cracks began to widen and separate the sword began to emit a strange golden light and as the final crack forced it’s way down the middle of the blade the Valkrye’s true form was revealed. There in Dusk’s hand was the pure form of Valkrye, the true form of power that was encased inside it’s metal container so to say.

As the flash that came with the unveiling of the swords true power died down one could possibly see a smirk coming through Dusk’s faceless body. In one quick slash through the empty space in front of him came a large wave of pure energy, golden in colour and deadly to the touch, though what effect it would have on a Dragon was unknown. Behind the wave of energy came Dusk, his Valkrye trailing behind in his right hand, travelling almost as quick as lightning. As he travelled his Valkrye seemed to ignite with golden energy as Dusk approached the Dragon’s neck and neck.

Lord of Chaos

OOC: I apologize for taking so long.

IC:

Valyon just watched with an odd sense of interest. Dusk was not backing down from the most powerful creature in the Omniverse. It almost made him want to smile for a moment, but, that would not be germaine to the fight and why it was going on. This was no chance for smiling or comedy, this was a time to be serious. So, for once, Valyon forced himself to be completely serious... even though inside, he felt like he still wasn't.

The dragon seemed to not care about the fact its attack was negated. It saw the golden wave of energy heading right for it. After a moment of devising a plan, it seemed to aim its head right for the blast, and open up its mouth. Within the next second, it seemed to suck in, everything it could. This included the attack, as the energy seemed to to be swirled into the vortex that formed the indescribable beast's throat.

It saw Dusk coming and kept on taking in everything, like a super-powered vacuum. The pulling force that came from the dragon equaled that of three black holes combined. There was a gleam in its eyes, as it seemed to be enjoying this fight. The creature was sentient after all, but there was a good question going on at the moment -- why hadn't the dragon spoke? All dragons could speak. They were versed in all tongues of the Omniverse, from birth. Why this one had chosen not to speak yet, was unknown... except to Valyon...

That was why Valyon started smiling. He had something planned. It had something to do with the dragon's voice, or his speech. One could not be too sure.

OOC: Sorry for the horribly short post. Not thinking good right now.

Solarized

A Legend Returned
ooc: Don't worry about it mate. I know it was the weekend so you probably had something going on. And don't worry bout the short post, you can't be expected to write ten paragrapgh posts all the time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dusk charged on towards the towering dragons head with no fear in his body. Infact throughout the entire battle Dusk had fought without a trace of fear or hesitation anywhere in his body, even against the greatest being in the Omniverse and his "pet". However in time Dusk would explain his reasons. For now he stayed focused on the task at hand.

As he appraoched he could only watch as the Eternity Dragon simply stared at him and opened his mouth, almost big bad wolf like in a way. Dusk felt his very essence begin to start its uncontrolled voyage into the Dragon's dark regions inside it's mouth, particles of soul energy pulling from Dusk's being and following the energy wave which seemed to be abruptly dealt with.

Thinking fast on his feet Dusk maybe knew of one thing he could do in this situation. Saying a quick goodbye he took his right hand and launched it forward, doing something which he hoped would surprise Valyon as well. From his hand flew the golden blade of his Valkrye sword. It shot off into the Eternit Dragon's mouth and vanished into the deep darkness. It was the first time Dusk had ever let go of the Valkrye in batle, in some ways he felt slightly naked without it, but hopefully it would be back in his hands soon.

As the Dragon continued Dusk turned about and pulled away from the vortex, saving himself from probable certain death. He had certainly underestimated the power of the almighty Eternity Dragon, something he wouldn't do again. However it was at times like these when Dusk remembered a certain earth born quote,

The harder they are, the hearder they fall........................though the harder they hit as well.

Dusk though could hit a lot harder, especially with his plan almost coming to be. After what, to him, seemed like an eternity, the stream of white energy arrived at the Last Barrier and immedietly began to flow into the white void that was Dusk's body. His body, much like his Valkrye sword had just done, seemed to ignite with power. Inside Dusk knew what he was going to do with this power, but he needed more if he was to accomplish his main task. Focusing his mind on the deep reions of space and towards the furthest stars in the Omniverse he began to once again extract energy from every simgle planet around. It, like before, began to stream into a large white stream of soul energy towards Dusk, and like before, it would take a while for it to arrive. Good thing he had the dragon to keep him company.

Staring into the dragons eyes Dusk one could probably notice that sense of ferlesness in Dusk's body and within a moment Dusk gave one mass motion of his wings before setting off towards the dragon once again. Holding out his palms Dusk shot off various beams of soul energy which shot off in all directions, hoping to attack it from all directions.

Lord of Chaos

Valyon cocked his head in curiousity. Dusk had a very unique way of going about things. The miniature black hole that had formerly been the dragon's mouth was now sucking in the sword and energy as well. However, to Val's surprise, Dusk seemed to starkly reject the apparent death wish he had formerly had to accompany it all into the mouth. His sword disappeared into the dragon, and Val just smiled. It was in this all that Dusk had seemed to make a very huge miscalculation.

The dragon was made up of raw unformed matter and time-flux energy. These energies were very radical in themselves. Their consistency, apart ,was considered volatile in themselves. Raw matter was known to be one of the most explosive forces in the Omniverse, and honestly, the tiniest bit could be very destructive, much akin to a force on Earth known as Nitroglycerin. Time-flux was just as bad, in other ways. Its own force was destructive enough that it often ended universes when a build-up of it had occured.

Soul energy was different, and noncovalent to the two forces. The two forces combined would create something very similar to that of chaos energy. However, the forces were still starkly different, in the fact that chaos was disruption, while this combined energy was more of a certainty. It was this certainty that gave it its edge against the force of soul. The energy seemed to react aptly to the soul, and slowly crushed it within the Eternity Dragon, meaning that it was reduced to nothing, along with his sword. The force slowly turned into raw energy that the dragon used to fuel himself. He gave a mean gaze towards Dusk.

It should have been apparent, by now, that soul energy would have no affect on the dragon. Valyon gave a smile as he simply turned over in the air, before the look disappeared from his features. He was floating upside down, as he watched Dusk's attempts of feebleness fail miserably. He simply shook his head once before he sat back up, upright, and watched the dragon continue its rampage.

The dragon seemed to smile, a very wicked looking smile at that. It slowly breathed in, closing its massive eyes. For a moment, it didn't do anything, it even appeared to be hesitating. However, it wasn't stopping by any means. The dragon slowly let out a rumble as it opened its mouth, and released a strong, colossal blast of paradigm force, directed right at LDJ. It was on such a massive level, that it would be very difficult to avoid the attack itself. The attack lasted for around ten seconds, before the dragon finally closed its mouth once again.

Solarized

A Legend Returned
It was at times like these where Valyon’s immeasurable experience and knowledge became the greatest weapons in his arsenal, so to say. The countless eons he probably had spent learning every tiny aspect of the Omniverse could easily out do any army which could be mounted against him. Dusk on the other hand had only spent twenty two or so years in this plain of existence and he barely knew everything about his own planet, let alone anything about dragons or chaos energy. However he still had some tricks left up his sleeve.

As the golden energy of his Valkrye blade swirled into the nothingness time-flux void that enveloped the Eternity Dragon, he could feel it’s very existence become nothing but a memory in the back of his mind. He had greatly made a grave miscalculation with his attempt to attack the beast, though he wouldn’t be separated from his blade for long.

It was true that there was possibly nothing that could stop this beast at it’s current state, however Dusk knew of one power which could possibly destroy the dragon, though he couldn’t wield it himself. Instead he would have to use something in the area which spawned that very essence. Watching on as the dragon took in a deep breath Dusk could only relate back to the old tales of St George, patron saint of England, and the fire breathing dragon. It was probable that this dragon wasn’t going to breath fire, something worse more like. In that instant of the dragon opening it’s gaping mouth and unleashing the potentially fatal paradigm force Dusk’s entire energy body seemed to explode into millions of tiny specks of soul energy and fade into the space around it. The blast shot through the remaining traces of Dusk’s body before it came to a halt.

The Dragon slowly began to take a deep breath as it recuperated from the blast it just shot off, however before it could even finish breathing in it found itself having to gasp for air one more as it felt an incredible force plough right into it’s side, sending it towards the very epicentre of the place they were, something which would possibly dwindle on Valyon’s mind and also prove deadly for the Eternity Dragon.

What had just happened in the space of those ten seconds? Let me explain. With Dusk’s new transformation came good and bad side effects. The bad side effects were obvious by now, especially with Valyon’s knowledge of the paradigm force. Dusk was now his own worst enemy. However there were good points as well. Like the fact that Dusk was now invulnerable to Valyon’s very touch, but also a nice little teleportation trick, so to say. Dusk was able to separate his being into tiny fragments of soul energy and teleport to another place anywhere in the Omniverse, with the slight exception that there needed soul energy in the area so that Dusk could rego his transformation. It was this technique which Dusk used, teleporting himself to the completely opposite side of the Omniverse that Valyon and the Eternity Dragon were present. As he fully regained form he set off back towards the dragon, using his wings to power his way through space and also boosting his speed with soul energy. As he passed through system after system he gained speed, and power, through all the gravity fields and planets he passed. Eventually on his arrival he had amassed a speed possibly twenty times greater then the speed of light.

Possibly Valyon could see Dusk’s arrival but to any other being it would be as if Dusk had appeared from nowhere. With this great force behind him Dusk used it to push the Dragon straight into possibly the only force which could destroy it, the pure, raw form of chaos energy which surrounded the Last Barrier. Dusk didn’t really have a clue if this would work, or didn’t even consider the consequences of his actions if he did, all he knew was that this was possibly the only thing he could do to damage the dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back