• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► X-Men: First Class

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I gotta say as an X Men film, it sucked ass. I hate to see people rip apart Comic book storylines. Like why Havoc if he's not even supposed to be born or even have Emma in the movie? But as a standalone movie, it was good. I liked the actors and their portrayals of the characters. Also the action was alright but, the last fight scenes were pretty ass and the supporting First Class members could have did more. All in all, its a movie I could watch again.

You expected an X-Men film to stay true to the comic cannon? Or any live action adaptation for that matter? <.<

platinumrug

As far as canon goes, the x-men movies are among the worst adaptations of the comic books. Dunno why emma frost and alex summers were there... alex is definitely scott's brother, who wasn't even born yet lol. So silly if you ask me. Although as a stand alone movie as someone stated before, it is great. Great acting imo, the action scenes were great, didn't feel over done and over the top. Loved when erik pulled the submarine out of the water, reminded me of when in X-3 when he lifted the bridge and brought it to the facility where they were keeping the boy at.

Overall, it was an alright movie by movie standards. By comic book standards, it was the worst shit to ever happen. But as someone stated on another forum I visit, we should treat these movies as another universe and not part of the actual continuity of the comic book series. That way, us nerds will be less angry when they butcher it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back