• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► X-Men: First Class

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Saw it, it was good;

The only really funny part in it was that one part only those of us who have seen it will know of it.

It's like that one joke of-

EDIT: nevermind hammy-baka spoiled it spoilsport in all it's hilarity

Still, was good, but not enough to see it again. :S

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
So I saw this movie last night. I thought it was a lot better than I expected and the Wolverine cameo was pretty funny.
Seeing Xavier hit on girls and say groovy was weird, but I got used to it. Magneto was fantastic. I missed Mystique's voice technique that they used in the past movies. And despite the fact I [i]knew[/i] Xavier would be crippled, I cried about it anyway.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
You can like Wolverine and hate the movie. In fact, that's the case with most actual comic fans. XO: Wolverine was a ridiculously absurd movie that not only butchered its own film continuity but the material it was adapting from. And on it's own, it just plain sucked.

It's more of a popcorn flick than anything, I like it because I can watch it over and over again and never really get tired of watching it.

When Aronofsky was still attached he had no plans to tie it to anything else.

It'll probably be something else now if they attach a new director, if they do. I'm sure Jackman would want to see the Japan saga go forward.

As for Reynolds, unless Deadpool makes decent traction in the next six months expect him to be tied up in Green Lantern for next few years.

Filming starts next year, Tim Miller will direct

Wolverine won't be in a sequel.

Wolverine to Join X-Men: First Class 2? - Movies News at IGN

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Seeing Xavier hit on girls and say groovy was weird, but I got used to it. Magneto was fantastic. I missed Mystique's voice technique that they used in the past movies. And despite the fact I [i]knew[/i] Xavier would be crippled, I cried about it anyway.
To be honest I didn't see that coming. I was sitting there thinking "Okay, it's not gonna happen in this one." And then it happened, and my jaw dropped like it has never dropped before.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Watched it, and being a fan of the first two movies, I loved it. I hope I'm not clouded by bias, but it was extremely entertaining and I was moved by the deterioration of Xavier's and Mystique's friendship, along with the friendship between Xavier and Magneto. I liked the interaction between all the X-Men really, shame everything has to go to hell so fast.

The nods and references to past movies (or is it future movies? O.O) was cool. And though some critics found Jennifer Lawrence not as compelling as Mystique, she appealed to me simply by showing that Mystique was an actual human being once before becoming a mostly silent, but extremely sexy henchwoman.

A major flaw though was the underdevelopment of the supporting characters, though I guess this is inevitable considering the series's track record. I get Angel feeling pissed that she is labelled a freak, but how does she get from relatively sympathetic stripper to finding her place with the X-Men and chilling out right to joining Shaw with a smirk on her face all in the space of one night? So yeah underdeveloped supporting characters (was Havok even necessary?) and one-dimensional villain sidekicks once again plague an X-Men movie, though I hope this will be fixed since they plan this to the first of a new trilogy.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
To be honest I didn't see that coming. I was sitting there thinking "Okay, it's not gonna happen in this one." And then it happened, and my jaw dropped like it has never dropped before.
It was so upsetting. The way it happened was much more devastating than how it actually happens imo.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Watched it, and being a fan of the first two movies, I loved it. I hope I'm not clouded by bias, but it was extremely entertaining and I was moved by the deterioration of Xavier's and Mystique's friendship, along with the friendship between Xavier and Magneto. I liked the interaction between all the X-Men really, shame everything has to go to hell so fast.

The nods and references to past movies (or is it future movies? O.O) was cool. And though some critics found Jennifer Lawrence not as compelling as Mystique, she appealed to me simply by showing that Mystique was an actual human being once before becoming a mostly silent, but extremely sexy henchwoman.

A major flaw though was the underdevelopment of the supporting characters, though I guess this is inevitable considering the series's track record. I get Angel feeling pissed that she is labelled a freak, but how does she get from relatively sympathetic stripper to finding her place with the X-Men and chilling out right to joining Shaw with a smirk on her face all in the space of one night? So yeah underdeveloped supporting characters (was Havok even necessary?) and one-dimensional villain sidekicks once again plague an X-Men movie, though I hope this will be fixed since they plan this to the first of a new trilogy.
I agree with all of this. Every single sentence. Although I didn't know there were critics who didn't like Jennifer Lawrence's performance. I listened to a review and read another and both of them praised her performance. I too thought she did an amazing job. From what I've read and heard a lot of people, critics and moviegoers, didn't like January Jones' performance. She wasn't my favorite, but I didn't think she was as bad as some people were saying. She wasn't good or bad, she was just okay to me.
It was so upsetting. The way it happened was much more devastating than how it actually happens imo.
Yeah. I walked out of the theater thinking "That ending was pretty depressing." I mentioned to one of my friends that next Monday and he said he walked out feeling sad.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
It's more of a popcorn flick than anything, I like it because I can watch it over and over again and never really get tired of watching it.
I don't know how you can do that. It's an objectively bad movie and it will never get any of money.

It'll probably be something else now if they attach a new director, if they do. I'm sure Jackman would want to see the Japan saga go forward.
Jackman has controlling interest, but he'll do anything to get a good creative attached. As evidenced by getting Aronofsky.

Filming starts next year, Tim Miller will direct
Not soon enough. Green Lantern comes out in the US next week. That means by around October/November Warner Bros. will be able to decide whether they want to move ahead on Green Lantern 2. They already have a script and Reynolds is locked into an extensive contract. No way they'd let the competition steal their thunder.

I see Bryan Singer saying Wolverine could appear again. That doesn't mean he'll join the team or play a prominent role and he can't if Singer wants to stick to his own continuity.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Just saw it (finally). LOVED it personally.

Personally, Michael Fassbender stole the show as Erik/Magneto. James McAvoy did great as Professor X, and Kevin Bacon did great as Sebastian Shaw, but Fassbender blew me away. :3

In fact, really think he'd make a fantastic Bond once Daniel Craig steps down. >:3

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Just saw it (finally). LOVED it personally.

Personally, Michael Fassbender stole the show as Erik/Magneto. James McAvoy did great as Professor X, and Kevin Bacon did great as Sebastian Shaw, but Fassbender blew me away. :3

In fact, really think he'd make a fantastic Bond once Daniel Craig steps down. >:3

I love how that's everyone's opinion after seeing this movie.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I love how that's everyone's opinion after seeing this movie.

Actually, I've been thinking of Fassbender as a potential Bond for a year now. Ever since I saw a clip of him in Inglorious Basterds, I thought he might make a great Bond. Seeing him in X-Men confirmed that thought for me. :D

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Not soon enough. Green Lantern comes out in the US next week. That means by around October/November Warner Bros. will be able to decide whether they want to move ahead on Green Lantern 2. They already have a script and Reynolds is locked into an extensive contract. No way they'd let the competition steal their thunder.
I don't know/care what you two are talking about, but...
Actors do simultaneous films all the time, Ryan Reynolds is a gigantic Deadpool fanboy, and WB can't exactly tell him he can't go and do other movies - contract or no. So you can count on him jumping on a Deadpool movie the day it's ready to shoot.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Although I didn't know there were critics who didn't like Jennifer Lawrence's performance. I listened to a review and read another and both of them praised her performance. I too thought she did an amazing job. From what I've read and heard a lot of people, critics and moviegoers, didn't like January Jones' performance. She wasn't my favorite, but I didn't think she was as bad as some people were saying. She wasn't good or bad, she was just okay to me.

The first few reviews I read weren't terribly impressed with Jennifer Lawrence's performance, but the subsequent ones I did read after posting here had nothing but praise, so thank god they are a minority. She made me connect to Mystique in ways I would never thought possible. Also upon reflection, I find Xavier's and Mystique's parting more heartbreaking than Xavier's and Magneto's, only because the former were practically siblings since childhood while the latter's friendship, deep though it was, ultimately lasted only a few months.

I personally think January Jones's performance isn't the problem, more the fact that Emma Frost was simply a one-note henchwoman so she didn't get any chance to shine. I think that'll be fixed though especially with that little scene at the end when Magneto broke her out of captivity.

Yeah. I walked out of the theater thinking "That ending was pretty depressing." I mentioned to one of my friends that next Monday and he said he walked out feeling sad.

Yeah the end part was especially emotion-fueled. Even though this is a prequel which means basically everyone had to survive in one form or the other, my heart still clenched from the part when the humans decided to fire missiles against them all the way to Xavier's crippling.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Umm...what are they gonna do, stop him from shooting Deadpool? I don't see that happening, especially considering how passionate Reynolds is about the role. Once they're given the go-ahead, Ryan will be on board. Actors can shoot simultaneous movies.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Nice movie, kinda hate how it throws off some things from the other movies and that one part that everyone knows was to funny.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Actors do simultaneous films all the time
Only if schedule and proximity allow for it.

Ryan Reynolds is a gigantic Deadpool fanboy, and WB can't exactly tell him he can't go and do other movies - contract or no.
But that's exactly what a contract does. Emily Blunt was unable to play Black Widow in Iron Man 2 because Fox decided to invoke her contract for another movie. Green Lantern has more money going into that Deadpool will. Warner Bros is more dedicated to Green Lantern that Fox is to Deadpool.

I see no problem with Reynolds playing whatever characters he likes but the fact is there's a bigger priority on Green Lantern than there is on Deadpool.

So you can count on him jumping on a Deadpool movie the day it's ready to shoot.
I'm sure. But it needs to be ready now.

Deadpool is a shitty, one-note character anyway.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Got to see this today. God I loved Azazel. Such a perfect representation of the father of my favorite X-Man. I nerdgasm'd when he was holding the one guy with his tail, using him as a human shield, while just staring the other guy down UGH so badass. Though pretty much every character shined in this, the entire Hellfire Club were represented extremely well. I honestly liked them as villains way more than the Brotherhood.

I was pretty annoyed at them ignoring facts stated in previous films, though. Like the fact that Cerebro was supposed to be built by Charles and Eric, and that Eric was supposed to be the one who created that helmet.

Only if schedule and proximity allow for it.

But that's exactly what a contract does. Emily Blunt was unable to play Black Widow in Iron Man 2 because Fox decided to invoke her contract for another movie. Green Lantern has more money going into that Deadpool will. Warner Bros is more dedicated to Green Lantern that Fox is to Deadpool.

That's genuinely the only thing that could stop/postpone Deadpool from being made. No contract can specifically force you out of doing a side project, it can only take up so much time that the actor is unable to do much else. (luckily for both GL and DP fans alike, Ryan Reynolds is a work horse)

Deadpool is a shitty, one-note character anyway.
Which is why he's perfect for a satirical spinoff movie. Though I'm going to assume you don't give the comics much if you think he's one noted. Just because he's a parody character doesn't mean he has no depth.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
I gotta say as an X Men film, it sucked ass. I hate to see people rip apart Comic book storylines. Like why Havoc if he's not even supposed to be born or even have Emma in the movie? But as a standalone movie, it was good. I liked the actors and their portrayals of the characters. Also the action was alright but, the last fight scenes were pretty ass and the supporting First Class members could have did more. All in all, its a movie I could watch again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back