• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

XENOBLADE Monolith Studio's New Wii RPG

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
Actually it's not entirely new. It was revealed... awhile ago (I can't remember how long ago) as "Monado", you can find videos from it on Youtube. In any case Monolithsoft = Guys who made Xenoears/saga + slightly spacey look of the videos + giant robots on the front page of their website + Xeno in the title = ??? awesome?

edit: Wait first party? Don't you mean third party, since they aren't developed by Nintendo?

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
Yeah actually I just read about that. I had assumed it was all on their own, oh well.

In any case, someone pointed out that there is an x4 in the site address, between the s and j, just like in The Last Story site there is an ls. So it is Xenosaga 4 then? Do they have the rights to Xenosaga, I thought it was Namco? Or maybe it is only "in spirit" again and that's the only hint that we'll get that it is Xenosaga 4.

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
Actually it's not entirely new. It was revealed... awhile ago (I can't remember how long ago) as "Monado", you can find videos from it on Youtube. In any case Monolithsoft = Guys who made Xenoears/saga + slightly spacey look of the videos + giant robots on the front page of their website + Xeno in the title = ??? awesome?

edit: Wait first party? Don't you mean third party, since they aren't developed by Nintendo?

2nd Party. Monolith is owned by Nintendo so it's technically a Nintendo game.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
In any case, someone pointed out that there is an x4 in the site address, between the s and j, just like in The Last Story site there is an ls. So it is Xenosaga 4 then? Do they have the rights to Xenosaga, I thought it was Namco? Or maybe it is only "in spirit" again and that's the only hint that we'll get that it is Xenosaga 4.
They don't have the right to use previous Xeno game unfortunately. Cameo is all they're allowed to, like an Albedo secret boss maybe, or a Zarathustra, etc.

But since Xenosaga IV had to happen thousands of years after Xenosaga III on Lost Jerusalem with the character's reincarnation, as long as they never mention that this character was Shion in her previous life, this one was Ziggy and so on, they can do a sequel to the game easilly.

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
They don't have the right to use previous Xeno game unfortunately. Cameo is all they're allowed to, like an Albedo secret boss maybe, or a Zarathustra, etc.

But since Xenosaga IV had to happen thousands of years after Xenosaga III on Lost Jerusalem with the character's reincarnation, as long as they never mention that this character was Shion in her previous life, this one was Ziggy and so on, they can do a sequel to the game easilly.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I swear, the Xeno series has had the most convoluted development... Oh well, it makes it interesting, in any case.

Hopefully this title will get them more acclaim than Soma Bringer did. Which is particularly sad, as Soma Bringer is one of the better DS games, but it's always found in the bargin bin. Don't know what happened there. This is making me want to play through it again...

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Xenosaga's plot was so convoluted because Monolith decided to not stick to the way the original scenario writer wanted it.

Original Episode I:
-Episode I trailers have scenes all the way up to Jin & Margulis' sword fight in Labyrinthos including several cut scenes and quotes that never appeared in any sequels.
-MOMO's analysis is almost the same except originally, it was not Juli's idea to destroy MOMO's memory, but a subcommitteeman's.
-The Omega System and the scenes inside were not in the original script. In the original script there was another scene referred to by Soraya as Jr. & Albedo vs U-DO vs KOS-MOS 3rd armament and an antimatter annihilation of Albedo.
-In the original script we saw the death of Sakura.
-Albedo's verbal abuse/violent acts against Sakura were not in the original script and neither was Albedo's quotes; "You look like you just lost your best friend Rubedo..." and "What are you talking about, I can't stand you or Nigredo." among other things.

Original Episode II:
-In the original script Ziggy's past history was an encephalon experience playing out like Xenosaga: Pied Piper (without the rewrites near the end) and subsequently Wilhelm, chaos, Patriarch Sergius, Voyager and Dmitri Yuriev's backstories would've been fleshed out.
-Jr would've rapidly been growing to adult form in the original script and there would be an option to play as either young or adult Rubedo in battle.
-According to the 'leaked documents' (leaked spoilers pre-Episode I) Nephilim would grow into adult by this episode (probably like she does at the end of the current Episode III.)

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
When I saw this thread I was thinking of Xenosaga lol XD, but yes this game does sound interesting.

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
Nintendo Everything – Our second language is Nintendo++ Blog Archive New Xenoblade scans

Apparently the whole world is made up of the corpses of two gods. That's the entire world, there is nothing else but ocean. But the gods are so huge you wouldn't even know it (according to the article, the whole size of the gods is equivalent to all of the islands of Japan together.) So yeah: an entire game where you're walking on someone's corpse. It's a seamless world too, and battles are done in realtime.

I just got 1000 more times excited for this game.

Awards
Nintendo Everything – Our second language is Nintendo++ Blog Archive New Xenoblade scans

Apparently the whole world is made up of the corpses of two gods. That's the entire world, there is nothing else but ocean. But the gods are so huge you wouldn't even know it (according to the article, the whole size of the gods is equivalent to all of the islands of Japan together.) So yeah: an entire game where you're walking on someone's corpse. It's a seamless world too, and battles are done in realtime.

wow, that's pretty... Original. I think I may check it out.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

I agree. I just watched a couple of youtube videos and it seems like a game I would enjoy. Plus the corpses of dead gods, that sounds pretty intriguing story wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back