• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion's New Body

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
I could see the revival of Repliku as a Nort vessel, still wanting to be more than a clone of Riku, where his stay is over once he's defeated again. Only this time he's defeated by Nort himself because he turns on them after meeting with Roxas or Xion and having a "heart to heart". Then his being shimmers and fades once again to have a slightly happier ending where he chose his own fate but this time he passes on into the light. That would kick me SQUARE in my feels genitalia man.
That just be rehashing or bringing him back solely to die imo. I see no point to bring him back when everything about him was great as a character just to die a second time.

I don't see him having much of a happy ending as long as he exist since his very existence was the source of his pain. He hated that everything was borrowed and couldn't exist soundly so long as the real Riku did. A heart to heart wouldn't really alleviate that for him.

Popsydoodles

That just be rehashing or bringing him back solely to die imo. I see no point to bring him back when everything about him was great as a character just to die a second time.

I don't see him having much of a happy ending as long as he exist since his very existence was the source of his pain. He hated that everything was borrowed and couldn't exist soundly so long as the real Riku did. A heart to heart wouldn't really alleviate that for him.
Well I kind of have to disagree with the heart to heart not working. It worked with Roxas and Sora. Both Roxas and Xion understand the pain of being seen as someone they're not and being called fake. They could easily reach out to Repliku and come to an understanding.

And technically all the Norts are being brought back a second time to die but you can still use that to write this guy a slightly happier ending at least. Every other copy of a hero has been hinted to have redemption. Why not Repliku?

He could have a happy ending learning that you can still find a sense of self and belonging even if your whole reason for existing was to be a copy of somebody else. He could come to realize this after seeing Roxas and Xion and decide he wants to fight for them to live happily and with that, KH3 could have its sacrifice character that most people seem to want. Plus if you think about it Roxas-Sora Xion-Kairi Repliku-Riku. The "Fakes" trio could be complete for a moment.

Edit: Sorry if you've tried to reply to any of my post and I edit the crap out of it before you're done. A lot of my thoughts happen post...post lol

Edit Edit: I also totally understand why you wouldn't want this character back Anagram. His ending is "good" where it's at and tampering with him could flub it all up. (Especially with Nomura behind the wheel)

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Well I kind of have to disagree with the heart to heart not working. It worked with Roxas and Sora. Both Roxas and Xion understand the pain of being seen as someone they're not and being called fake. They could easily reach out to Repliku and come to an understanding.

And technically all the Norts are being brought back a second time to die but you can still use that to write this guy a slightly happier ending at least. Every other copy of a hero has been hinted to have redemption. Why not Repliku?

He could have a happy ending learning that you can still find a sense of self and belonging even if your whole reason for existing was to be a copy of somebody else. He could come to realize this after seeing Roxas and Xion and decide he wants to fight for them to live happily and with that, KH3 could have its sacrifice character that most people seem to want. Plus if you think about it Roxas-Sora Xion-Kairi Repliku-Riku. The "Fakes" trio could be complete for a moment.
Ah but Roxas and even Xion had issues and experiences vastly different from Repliku so just because a heart to heart works for some characters it doesn't others.
Unlike Repliku Roxas and Xion were fine with themselves. It was their circumstances and how being what they were that ruined their lives that bothered them.

Roxas never expressed hated for his being but hated for no one telling him anything or how he was treated. Xion hated that her existence was causing pain or issues for others. Repliku on the other hand hated the simple fact that he exists solely as a copy of someone else.

He couldn't stand the fact that he was fake nor the fact that the real Riku kept besting him. You see this pain in his confrontations with Riku or when he learns his memories were a lie. He hated that. He hated it so much that he couldnt' continue on with himself as long as Riku was around which lead to their final battle and even in death he lamented that his heart would likely go to same place as Rikus upon dying calling himself a "loyal" copy till the end.

The Org basically are back to be fodder as well which I hate but they were hardly ever interesting as people. Repliku however was an interesting and tormented character. He hated what he was in of itself and what your describing is basically just repeating his entire arc in Chain of Memories.
It'd be incredibly dull, rehashing and would just further add to Replikus own pain just to bring him back so one can get feelz from him dying twice.

------------

....Moments like this sadden me greatly. No offense intended towards you but when I see posts or ideas like this I see that for the most part fans of this series can't have "feelz" or feel something was important/meaningful or touching unless somebody dies tragically or has a tormented existence.
Lets have happy endings for once without bringing back people just to die so we can get a sense of attachment to this story. =[
(guess all the times ol Seph has mentioned it was true)

Last edited:

Popsydoodles

Ah but Roxas and even Xion had issues and experiences vastly different from Repliku so just because a heart to heart works for some characters it doesn't others.
Unlike Repliku Roxas and Xion were fine with themselves. It was their circumstances and how being what they were that ruined their lives that bothered them.

Roxas never expressed hated for his being but hated for no one telling him anything or how he was treated. Xion hated that her existence was causing pain or issues for others. Repliku on the other hand hated the simple fact that he exists solely as a copy of someone else.

He couldn't stand the fact that he was fake nor the fact that the real Riku kept besting him. You see this pain in his confrontations with Riku or when he learns his memories were a lie. He hated that. He hated it so much that he couldnt' continue on with himself as long as Riku was around which lead to their final battle and even in death he lamented that his heart would likely go to same place as Rikus upon dying calling himself a "loyal" copy till the end.

The Org basically are back to be fodder as well which I hate but they were hardly ever interesting as people. Repliku however was an interesting and tormented character. He hated what he was in of itself and what your describing is basically just repeating his entire arc in Chain of Memories.
It'd be incredibly dull, rehashing and would just further add to Replikus own pain just to bring him back so one can get feelz from him dying twice.

------------

....Moments like this sadden me greatly. No offense intended towards you but when I see posts or ideas like this I see that for the most part fans of this series can't have "feelz" or feel something was important/meaningful or touching unless somebody dies tragically or has a tormented existence.
Lets have happy endings for once without bringing back people just to die so we can get a sense of attachment to this story. =[
(guess all the times ol Seph has mentioned it was true)

It's not that people can't have feelings for anything other than the death of a character, it's that those feelings tend to be stronger. Death or loss is probably one of the most emotional things everybody has to experience. You could say it's THE MOST relatable thing universally so you can't really blame anybody for feeling that way.

And from the events I detailed, what would give me the most feels wouldn't be his sacrifice but his realization of the strength Roxas and Xion possess to move on from their phony lives to become something more. The redemption of his lost soul is greater feels to me than his potential sacrifice. Admittedly the sting of his first death would resurface though but there would be joy in his salvation. So in a way this would be a happier ending for Repliku.

It's true Repliku despised his replica nature but he very much still wanted to be real and his own. He saw the destruction of Riku as the only way to have his own true feelings and existence. But maybe if he were to see Roxas and Xion, that a nobody or replica(phonies) could be there own inspite of their nature, it could inspire and enlighten him. Repliku spent his time chasing after Riku to best him but that wasn't the right way to secure his own identity. It only added to the truth that he was no more than an inferior copy. How can you be yourself when you keep trying to be someone else? It's just sad that he only came to accept his replica nature only in death even saying "A faithful replica until the very end. That's...okay." (Re watching that final scene I noticed he mentioned his heart. I don't think I ever noticed that before although he does claim it to not be real.)

Even if he doesn't come back I want someone to name a victory in his honor. He deserved so much more but realized the futility of his actions too late.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
It's not that people can't have feelings for anything other than the death of a character, it's that those feelings tend to be stronger. Death or loss is probably one of the most emotional things everybody has to experience. You could say it's THE MOST relatable thing universally so you can't really blame anybody for feeling that way.
Yes... when death actually MATTERS. This series has shown that its concept of "death" (as in, fading after sustaining too much damage) is temporary at best. Ever since KH1, characters have had a knack for not staying dead, and after seeing them come back "from the dead" (some haven't yet, but we all know they will), it lessens the impact of death.

Plus, death losses even more impact when it's a character who's already died before. It's just a... been there, done that kinda thing. The shock of losing them only works once per character.

I've been stuck in English class long enough to know that with some stories, it's just more effective to keep them dead after they're gone. Repliku is a tragic character, probably the best example of the trope in the franchise. I wouldn't really want to cheapen it by bringing him back just to kill him again.

Popsydoodles

Yes... when death actually MATTERS. This series has shown that its concept of "death" (as in, fading after sustaining too much damage) is temporary at best. Ever since KH1, characters have had a knack for not staying dead, and after seeing them come back "from the dead" (some haven't yet, but we all know they will), it lessens the impact of death.

Plus, death losses even more impact when it's a character who's already died before. It's just a... been there, done that kinda thing. The shock of losing them only works once per character.

I've been stuck in English class long enough to know that with some stories, it's just more effective to keep them dead after they're gone. Repliku is a tragic character, probably the best example of the trope in the franchise. I wouldn't really want to cheapen it by bringing him back just to kill him again.

Well I gotta say that Xehanort doesn't care if you don't want to kill him again. His darkness is a suitable ark and his replica nature makes him easy to manipulate. The perfect pawn...

But seriously you are correct. My point still stands though regardless even if the feels are dampened. It's just the way the Xehanort saga is progressing. It's playing the death card to tug your heartstrings for easy feels.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well I gotta say that Xehanort doesn't care if you don't want to kill him again. His darkness is a suitable ark and his replica nature makes him easy to manipulate. The perfect pawn...
That may be sort of true, in-game storywise, but even I can tell that it's deep in the "really awful writing" territory, so far that it seems unlikely that even this writing team would try it. And I'm thick-skinned enough to not despise Days. -.-

Anagram

Banned

And from the events I detailed, what would give me the most feels wouldn't be his sacrifice but his realization of the strength Roxas and Xion possess to move on from their phony lives to become something more. The redemption of his lost soul is greater feels to me than his potential sacrifice. Admittedly the sting of his first death would resurface though but there would be joy in his salvation. So in a way this would be a happier ending for Repliku.

It's true Repliku despised his replica nature but he very much still wanted to be real and his own. He saw the destruction of Riku as the only way to have his own true feelings and existence. But maybe if he were to see Roxas and Xion, that a nobody or replica(phonies) could be there own inspite of their nature, it could inspire and enlighten him. Repliku spent his time chasing after Riku to best him but that wasn't the right way to secure his own identity. It only added to the truth that he was no more than an inferior copy. How can you be yourself when you keep trying to be someone else? It's just sad that he only came to accept his replica nature only in death even saying "A faithful replica until the very end. That's...okay." (Re watching that final scene I noticed he mentioned his heart. I don't think I ever noticed that before although he does claim it to not be real.)

Even if he doesn't come back I want someone to name a victory in his honor. He deserved so much more but realized the futility of his actions too late.
But like Osprey said this death trope only works once. If you get joy or feelz for watching a character die repeatedly then there's something wrong with that persons psyche.
I can and do blame them for feeling this way because death only works once and after that it's just a really cheap ploy and rehashing for a narrative.

No man no matter how many times you word it it wouldn't be a happier ending. Your basically wanting to bring him back again, to suffer again, to die again solely for a small scene that wouldn't really alleviate the nature of him dying again or being used again.
This would not be a salvation nor would it help his character. Hell why would he even care what Roxas or Xion have to say when they're standing there free to be their own person while he's yet again existing only to a fake and to be used yet again? If anything that'd make him hate them for preaching to him about how he should feel or think about his own existence.

Man your applying a big if here. It's basically boiling down to you wanting to see him again rather than having him back for actual story reasons. Repliku could use that kinda positive message sure but it'd be a pointless message to give him only to die again before he can be that true individual self.

To be fair KH1 wasn't the to pull false death or revivals. That was later titles. Unless you wanna count Riku still hanging around despite loss of body then destruction of that stolen body which somehow gave it back to him.....ugh...

Couldn't agree more. There is no shock anymore and constant revival and death is honestly just poor writing at it's strongest.

But seriously you are correct. My point still stands though regardless even if the feels are dampened. It's just the way the Xehanort saga is progressing. It's playing the death card to tug your heartstrings for easy feels.
What are you even arguing here? "Cause Xehanort doesn't care"? This isn't a counter argument nor a good reasoning. It doesnt help your point either since it does nothing to change the fact that the death of a revived person honestly holds no impact because you've already had that shock.

If you want to go by Xehanort logic you'd better go by usefulness. He uses what he deems useful and throws away what doesn't. So in the line of thought why would he bother bringing back a replica that was not only flawed but also incredibly strong willed? On top of that how would he even bring him back?
The replica wasn't a nobody, it can't come back via recompletion, it wasn't a vessel so he can't time travel to get it and it's strong will would just make it a hassle to try and make a vessel to begin with.

Xehanort wants bodies to control easily, not strong willed people. He goes through great lengths in each title to make sure his target is as out of commission as possible. From the Repliku point of view why would he choose to go with Xehanort when that'd just entail him becoming Xehanort instead of Riku? His whole character is about being real not being someones fake.

That may be sort of true, in-game storywise, but even I can tell that it's deep in the "really awful writing" territory, so far that it seems unlikely that even this writing team would try it. And I'm thick-skinned enough to not despise Days. -.-
Even me with my doubts of the writing team dont see them going to this lengths either. There's just no good reasoning.

Popsydoodles

Spoiler Spoiler Show

First off: I totally pictured you reading my post with this face based off your response lol
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I think first I'd like to mention my post about Xehanort since that can be answered easily. That was more or less a joke based on why the character can be brought back. Crazier things have happened you know. Like a certain someone housing three other someones inside of them. Lol

Next the the comment on the death feels. I wasn't really debating multiple deaths of a single character but the impact that death has on the feels of a person. Your previous comment stated you felt that people only really care for death feels and not the other kind of feels from happier scenarios. I was merely stating why it's likely that it's so.

It is true that I want to see Repliku return and while it wouldn't further any main plot elements other than a possible vessel/SoD, like I said before it could further his "progression" for lack of a better word. We know nothing I post here is making it into the game so don't be to harsh on me lol. I simply want to see Repliku not be doomed to the darkness and my I'm just giving ideas on how it could be done with somewhat reasonable scenarios.

Warning: Wall of text of more Repliku "rebirths"
Spoiler Spoiler Show

After all this back and forth I have to say that I really appreciate you guys taking the time to respond. So thank you to anyone who posted in this thread and a special thank you to Anagram, Black Osprey, and Hiro. You've given me many things to think about and helped me pass the time. Much love y'all <3

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Maaaybe we should agree to disagree on this one. You want Repliku back. I and some others want him to stay dead, as we think his story arc is complete. Nothing so far has really shaken anyone's convictions about the matter, and I can't see this going anywhere good. I mean, speculation's alright, but I get the feeling that someone more blunt than I will walk right in and say, "This sounds like poorly written fanfiction" and it'll all go downhill from there. D:

Popsydoodles

Maaaybe we should agree to disagree on this one. Nothing so far has really shaken anyone's convictions about Repliku, and I can't see this going anywhere good. I mean, speculation's alright, but I get the feeling that someone more blunt than I will walk right in and say, "This sounds like poorly written fanfiction" and it'll all go downhill from there. D:

Are you passively telling me that then? Lol jk But yeah I mentioned it gearing that way towards the end of my post lol. But in all honesty that's kind of what KH has turned into imho.

I still felt like I have some decent reasons though. ;)

I can also agree his story arc is in a complete state. I would just appreciate it if his story somehow ended on a happier note.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ha, KH is a fanfiction whether you have the ridiculously convoluted writing or not. I mean, the fact that it's a crossover of Disney and Final Fantasy is enough to push it into fanfic territory. That's not to say that fanfiction is bad...

Everything is fanfiction when it comes right down to it, friend. 'Sfar as I'm concerned, I'm more worried about something being poorly written in general. :D

Popsydoodles

Then I'll spare you from anymore of my Repliku scenarios lol. I'm not even a SUPER HUGE fan of the character lol. Where the story of KH3 goes is of little concern to me as long as it has closure and loose ends tied off. With that I can be satisfied. ;)

Edit: This totally got off the original topic. :D At least anyone who posted about the OT already said what they wanted to on the matter before the thread went off-roading.

Last edited:

Golden Weapon

Personally no is bad if Xion is revived as one as one of 13 seekers of darkness specially after the failure of turn Sora in the final seeker. Talking about the 13th seeker i think that the next candidate is Ventus, but as he no was found and only Aqua knows the way to find him in Castle Oblivion... I think that one of seekers will attack Sora in the begin of KH3 and extract something of him in one scenery similar at the creation of Vanitas.

Hallowseve

Personally no is bad if Xion is revived as one as one of 13 seekers of darkness specially after the failure of turn Sora in the final seeker. Talking about the 13th seeker i think that the next candidate is Ventus, but as he no was found and only Aqua knows the way to find him in Castle Oblivion... I think that one of seekers will attack Sora in the begin of KH3 and extract something of him in one scenery similar at the creation of Vanitas.
We all know Vanitas is a seeker of darkness. The hints are there.

Ashton69

Awards
The Kingdom of Hearts games will be a new frontier for Disney and gaming fam. Xion will be the first trans Disney character. She will have a weiner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back