• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Launches TGS 2013 Website!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

With Tokyo Game Show 2013 happening in less than a month, Square Enix has finally launched their official Tokyo Game Show website with a list of their upcoming games they plan to show off during the event. Listed on the site are games like Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Bravely Default: For the SequelFinal Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster, and Call of Duty: Ghosts. Also listed is Kingdom Hearts χ[chi], but not with Kingdom Hearts III or Final Fantasy XV.

While Kingdom Hearts III is missing from the Tokyo Game Show 2013 lineup on the official Square Enix site, that does not mean they will not appear in some shape or form. Series director Tetsuya Nomura has said in recent interviews that he plans to share more information on the upcoming Kingdom Hearts title at Tokyo Game Show, and the official Tokyo Game Show exhibitor list still lists Kingdom Hearts III as one of the games that will be appearing during the event.

Square Enix also plans to stream hold live stream shows of interviews with developers and composers, gameplay videos, and trailers of the games they are showing off at Tokyo Game Show this year. One of these live talk shows will feature Kenji Ito, Yasunori Mitsuda, and Kingdom Hearts series composer Yoko Shimomura as they discuss their favorite memories of working at Square Enix, possible CD releases, and more! Perhaps they might even announce an album related to Kingdom Hearts?

Square Enix Music Composer Special Talk Show

Kenji Ito (Major Works: SaGa series, Legend of Mana series, etc.)
Yasunori Mitsuda (Major Works: Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, etc.)
Yoko Shimomura (Major Works: Live A Live, Legend of Mana, Kingdom Hearts, etc.)

The Square Enix booth will hold a special talk show for these three popular composers. Ranging from their memories during their time working with Square and discussions of possible future CD productions!? This talk show will unfold many things. Do not miss out!

These live shows will be viewable from either Nico Nico Live or the Square Enix TV site. Don't miss out on these streams! Tokyo Game Show 2013 takes place September 19th-22nd (19th-20th Business Days; 21st-22nd Public Days). 

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
BTW SE is lies. FFXV is in this banner.

banner.png

So clearly they are just being "secretive" for whatever reason.

Zter

Wow, can't wait to see what they will show for the new CoD. I hope Lightning makes a cameo in it.

TepidShark

Awards
I definitely want to hear more about III (& FFXV), but my interest in TGS is mostly whether they will announce 2.5 or not.

TepidShark

Awards
I would like to see them showcase the new Thief a little too.

How good have they been about hyping up Western Square Enix games at TGS in the past? For example, did they make a big deal about new Tomb Raider last year at TGS?

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I would like to see 2.5, as well :3

So excited for 1.5 that I will be SUPREMELY disappointed if we don't get news about 2.5 soon. The games don't need a lot of tweaks, but I don't know what the process of adapting a PSP game to the PS3 is like, or how long it takes to make cutscenes for a game like Re: Coded.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i believe they just promting the games on that have a release date that why they are not on the website beside we know nomura is going show us stuff there

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
newsnewsnews get hype

I truely think 2.5 will make its presence known here. Of coarse I'm excited for more of III and FFXV, but little things like the interviews make me giddy as well. :}

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think we're all hyped to the moon about 2.5. I just really want to know if KH3D will be in the collection or not. If they signed an exclusivity deal with Nintendo for the title, it should have already expired since it has been a year already. We are so close...I don't like asking for months to go by fast, but I really want TGS to hurry up xD

i believe they just promting the games on that have a release date that why they are not on the website beside we know nomura is going show us stuff there

Well yeah, duh. Lol but you never know. Plans can easily change as they have frequently in the past. I don't disbelieve that XV and III will be there (because clearly FFXV is on that banner, and KH3 is going to be one of SE's big flagships for the next gen early on) but there is always a chance they might not show up for any reason.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Well yeah, duh. Lol but you never know. Plans can easily change as they have frequently in the past. I don't disbelieve that XV and III will be there (because clearly FFXV is on that banner, and KH3 is going to be one of SE's big flagships for the next gen early on) but there is always a chance they might not show up for any reason.

even if they don't show nomura can still give us news and information the games and maybe show us pictures and what have you

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
even if they don't show nomura can still give us news and information the games and maybe sow us pictures and what have you

You mean in interviews from press and on their websites? We'd be waiting after post-TGS reports for stuff like that if that was what would happen because that would be the main focus for everybody.

I don't believe KH3 or FFXV will be missing from TGS, though. I'm just saying that last minute SE might change their minds and that the idea of that happening should be taken into proper consideration.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
we going to get stuff sooner or later wheather it at tgs or at the d23 or even both this website will be full of news soon

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I can't wait to hear what KH3 news they announce. While 2.5 would be nice, IDK why I'm not so hyped for an official announcement. Perhaps it's because it isn't really a shock anymore since we all know it is happening, the big question is whether or not DDD will be on it (something tell me no but I would like it to be, even if only in cutscene format). That being said, I'm glad SE will make an official announcement for those who don't know of 2.5's existence (since I can't expect everyone to know about it <_<).

Gram

Banned
Awards
Oddly enough I'd be more excited to hear 2.5 news than kh3. Guess I just really want bbs on ps3 already. xD

TepidShark

Awards
Oddly enough I'd be more excited to hear 2.5 news than kh3. Guess I just really want bbs on ps3 already. xD

That's just it. I feel like I am not ready for III, until we've gone back through the entire series so far, via the HD Collections.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
That's just it. I feel like I am not ready for III, until we've gone back through the entire series so far, via the HD Collections.

I feel the same way. I really want to play through the whole series again in HD (except maybe KH3D just because that was recent enough) before I play KHIII.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I didn't include it in the update because it didn't seem important since people seem to care little about music updates when we do them, but at TGS they will be selling a CD sampler of music by various composers.

Takeharu Ishimoto just tweeted that there are two new songs from him on that sampler, but he didn't say for what game...

not gonna hype but plzbetwewy2orsomethingsobsobsob don't listen to me i'm just a bit sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back