• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Jessica DiCicco voices interest in reprising role of Olette!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Jessica DiCicco, known for voicing the Flame Princess on Adventure Time, Malina on the Emperor's New School, Olette in Kingdom Hearts, and Lumina in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, held her own Ask Me Anything on Reddit earlier today. She answered many questions about her work in the voice over industry, her personal interests, and even asked a few of her own questions to some of her fans.

Our very own forum administrator Katie (Taochan) was lucky enough to have her question answered by DiCicco. When asked about her experience of recording for Olette in Kingdom Hearts II and if she would be interested in coming back to reprise her role in future titles, DiCicco gave this brief but insightful response:

It was intimidating because there was a room was full of Japanese producers on the other side of the glass. So I wanted to make sure I was doing the part justice. And YES I would absolutely come back as Olette.

Hopefully Kingdom Hearts III and future titles will give Olette and the rest of the Twilight Town gang more screentime so fans get a chance to hear more of DiCicco. 

DiCicco also answered a few questions about her role as Lumina in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, and even explained that playing Olette in Kingdom Hearts inspired her to start looking to the Final Fantasy series

I started getting into Final Fantasy when I voiced Olette in Kingdom Hearts 2. I actually played some smaller characters in XIII and XIII-2, so I was thrilled when I was offered the role of Lumina. Fun fact: I also play a couple Moogles in the game, see if you can figure out which ones, kupo! :)

Fans of Jessica DiCicco should check out all of her responses during her AMA and follow her on Twitter

Also, don't forget to follow us on FacebookTwitterTumblr and Google+ for all of the latest Kingdom Hearts 3 and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX news!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm glad she is interested in reprising her role as Olette. Hopefully we see Olette and her friends in KH3 and maybe some titles in the next saga.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It's interesting that so many Japanese producers are involved in the voice work for the English release. I would never have thought they were that present with it.

I love hearing that VA's are excited to come back and reprise their character. c: I hope KH3 has a place for her, after all it's evident Nomura hasn't forgotten the Twilight Town gang.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
She's such a sweet-sounding person xD

I'd definitely love to see her return for KH3! I want Olette to have more of a role, if only because the Twilight Town gang was my favorite part of KH2.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's interesting that so many Japanese producers are involved in the voice work for the English release. I would never have thought they were that present with it.

I know, right? That just shows their genuine care for quality. Well, not that they don't have to care; after all, they must want their product to succeed overseas as well. I had never been familiar with all these things, so I used to think that the voice directors (or whatever the designation is) pass everything down to their western counterparts and let them handle it while maintaining only less-than-occasional contact.

That's why I was quite surprised upon knowing that it was Nomura's request that Leonard Nimoy voice Master Xehanort. I thought they would have never gone that far and let the western counterpart choose whoever they think suits the role instead.

Anyway, I think there's quite a big chance for DiCicco to reprise her role as Olette in KH3, no matter how brief. The Twilight Town bunch lacked proper closure in KH2, what with Sora and co. leaving them just like that after they helped him cross over to the virtual Twilight Town. Besides, I want to see Roxas finally meeting the real HPO... that poor thing.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Besides, I want to see Roxas finally meeting the real HPO... that poor thing.

Would love, love, love to see HPO & RAX (RLX) all hanging out at the beach together~

I like this actress. Olette had a very distinct voice, and I would have loved to have heard more from her. I hope she does return!

ok sunny

Awards
Having Olette back to star in KH3 would be amazing, like others were saying, I as well, would love to see HPO again. They were great friends to Roxas and meant a lot in the beginning of KH2. But just having those three back isn't enough to sum everyone in Twilight Town. There was also Vivi, Seifer and Setzer too! I think that have a bit more to add to the story, even if it means that he would become friends with HPO!

Anyway, I'd love to see Jessica DiCoco reprise her role and play as Olette again!

Last edited:

WaveK89

I knew Lumina's voice sounded so familiar to me!

Anyway, I'm all for seeing Twilight Town again along with its residents. Looking at BBS Volume 2 scene with Kairi, Hayner, Pence, and Ollette at the old mansion, this might be a longshot of a clue that it could happen.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
I loved HPO, I'd love to see them make a return! Twilight Town in KH2 was one of the best imo, and HPO were great characters. I'm pretty sure we'll see HPO in Twilight Town seeing that Twilight Town is almost completely confirmed. I mean, It's been the only world besides Destiny Island shown in the trailers, and I don't see Sora not having a reunion with them again if Twilight Town is confirmed.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Rydega And don't forget Naminé (unless she goes with SRK, or gets her own trio or something)!

Anyway, I completely agree with everything you said, Solosis.

And here's hoping that the BbSV2 scene and the KHIII trailers are a sign that Twilight Town, as well as HPO, will be in the game. This series needs more females in it, anyway. And Olette was cool to me.

Plus... Kairi could use some of her own friends, and HPO seemed to be that to her (as well as to Sora and Roxas). I'm also interested in seeing them interact with Axel, seeing as how Pence knew Axel in Days, and then they all saw him kidnap Kairi. Also, I wonder if HPO remembers showing Roxas what Grand Stander was in Days...

Here's hoping that we see Olette/Jessica DiCicco in future games. They're both cool and nice chicks, imo:)

Also... how the heck did I miss that she voiced Lumina? I think I even thought so at first and then dismissed the idea. But she does an AMAZING job with it. A really talented voice actor we have here, I think=) I also loved her as Melina...

And now I want to replay the XIII series to see which moogles she voices and stuff. It's neat to know that she's a FF fan, too. I got into FF through KH myself, so that really resonates with me:)

Noel

Awards
Lumina in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

I knew she sounded familiar. Hopefully Pence, and Hayner will have their roles reprised too.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I just fear that Leonard Nimoy won't reprise Master Xehanort, he got some problems with his lungs and might die

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just fear that Leonard Nimoy won't reprise Master Xehanort, he got some problems with his lungs and might die

First, this isn't the thread for it. This is about Jessica DiCicco's AMA.

Two, he's also in his 80s so what did you expect? Three, the guy has been sick with this for years. It's a chronic illness so it will act up every now and then. He's managed it all of this time but he did decide to tell people after he had that trip to the hospital a week or two ago.

Leonard Nimoy is the kind of guy who will work up until he dies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Man, I would just love to see these characters return! I've been wanting to see them again since KH2 and Days just didn't cut it.

And how did not notice she voiced Lumina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back