• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Tribute Album Releasing March 25, 2015

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

According to the Video Game Music Database, a Kingdom Hearts Tribute Album is set for release on March 25, 2015.This album will be available for 2160 yen (roughly $18.24 USD).

The Kingdom Hearts series has had a wide variety of albums and soundtracks released over the course of its lifetime, such as original soundtracks, remasters, piano collections, etc, so it will be interesting to see how this will differ from them. 

Do you think this album will offer an alternative interpretation of those familiar tunes, and if so, how? What songs would you like to be present? Let us know!

Source: VGMDBjkermarrec

Edit 2: The official website for the Tribute Album has launched, with brand new artwork by official Disney artists.

Edit: The Square Enix Japanese e-STORE has updated with a listing for the Tribute Album! Details are as follows:

Track Listing:

• Riku
  • Sora
  • Kairi
  • Always on My Mind
  • Rage Awakened
  • Dearly Beloved
  • Hollow Bastion
  • Hand in Hand
  • March Caprice
  • The 13th Struggle
  • A Piece of Peace
  • Traverse Town

Participating Artists:

• jizue
  • 滝善充(9mm Parabellum Bullet)
  • カワイヒデヒロ(fox capture plan)
  • soremo
  • Marmalade Butcher
  • vampillia
  • dj uraken
  • noreason
  • 末光篤
  • Jimanica

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
it would be interesting to see other artists reproduce classic KH songs imo, which is what i believed a tribute would be, however, i get the feeling this isn't what we're getting.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
it would be interesting to see other artists reproduce classic KH songs imo, which is what i believed a tribute would be, however, i get the feeling this isn't what we're getting.

That is likely what we are getting. SE does frequent tribute albums like NieR Tribute Album -echo-, FINAL FANTASY TRIBUTE ~THANKS~, and pretty much every jazz, bit tune, and piano album they've made for the last ten years lol

This is the 13th year. There is no better time to commemorate the series than now 8D

Sdog

Awards
I'm down for as many iterations of 'The Other Promise' as and if possible.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm hoping for another rendition of Rage Awakened or Fate of the Unknown~

Dunno how many more versions of Dearly Beloved or miscellaneous Organization XIII themes I can take though, but those are a definite shoe-in.

Sdog

Awards
Ooooo I almost forgot about Fate of the Unknown ='D. Yes please, with more choir!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm hoping for the Dream Eaters' theme to be in. La, la, la la la la~
I also want ska renditions for Simple and Clean/Hikari and Sanctuary/Passion. Heck, ska everything!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
RAGE AWAKENED YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Riku also yes <3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
jizue! I love them!

This album is too perfect.

Btw for those who don't know, fox capture plan did a rendition of Organization XIII on SE's last jazz album

[video=youtube;7nF7UHB5kNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nF7UHB5kNg[/video]

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
terra's theme would be cool, also traverse town bg music i'd like to hear new renditions of. dearly beloved is a must and i want to hear some 8-bit stuff.

pmuch never going to happen but i would eventually like to see KH music done by a collection of american artists in the same vein as that tron album. could imagine daft punk or even kanye reproduce some tracks and see the two openings redone (been eyeing sia lately for some reason).

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Yay! My favorite tracks are gonna be on the album(Riku, Rage Awekened, Hollow Bastion, 13th Struggle) I wish Scherzo di Notte or Sacred Distance would also be listed, but you can`t everything in this world can you?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Official website launches:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/kh/tribute/

Also has new artwork by official Disney artists this time:

bg2.png

ftchara.png

Last edited:

RoyalXIII

This is awesome! I first saw the artwork on tumblr & thought it was really good fanart, but the fact that official Disney Artist made it is frickin amazing :3

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm curious as to why Nomura isn't drawing the artwork for the soundtrack like he usually does, but this is still very cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back