• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Bruce Boxleitner says he's "done" with TRON

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Bruce Boxleitner, actor of the titular character Tron and his human user Alan Bradley from the TRON franchise, was recently interviewed by /Film at the Hallmark Channel’s Television Critics Association summer press tour party promoting his TV show Cedar Cove where he was asked about his thoughts on TRON 3 and if it may ever be revived in the future.

Boxleitner had been a massive advocate of keeping the hope for TRON alive in the past and always seemed happy to reprise his role as Tron and Alan Bradley in works like TRON: LegacyTRON 2.0Kingdom Hearts II, and the cancelled animated series TRON: Uprising. It seems even the most passionate have their limits, and Disney reached them for Boxleitner as he remarked, "I’m done with it. I’ve moved on. I hate to say that but it’s been too up and down for me. I would rather not just keep going."

The actor continued to discuss how the third TRON film had been really close to starting production, but it appeared Disney just wasn't interested in continuing the franchise, citing that Disney is much more concentrated on Marvel, Star Wars, and their classic Disney live action adaptions now.

But, what does this mean for us? One of the appealing aspects of the Kingdom Hearts series has always been the fact that many of the original actors from the Disney films featured in the series would reprise their roles to provide an authentic feel to the games. While we have very little idea of what content will be in Kingdom Hearts III, fans have always assumed that we would see Tron again even if it was just a minor role or would make a grand return to the Space Paranoids world located inside of Radiant Garden's computer.

Considering Boxleitner's words, though, even if TRON does appear in the upcoming game it may be without him behind the voice.

Source: Nerdist, /Film via Shadow Fenix

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Bruce Boxleitner says he's "done" with TRON

honeslty i don't think we were going to see tron in kingdom hearts 3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

honeslty i don't think we were going to see tron in kingdom hearts 3

idk Sora spent most of his time in the Grid in KH3D trying to save Tron. I doubt the KH2 callback was all for nothing if we weren't going to at least have a "HI SORA" in KH3 as he walked into the computer room. And we still have to use the computer in order to access the Chamber of Repose.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

idk Sora spent most of his time in the Grid in KH3D trying to save Tron. I doubt the KH2 callback was all for nothing if we weren't going to at least have a "HI SORA" in KH3 as he walked into the computer room. And we still have to use the computer in order to access the Chamber of Repose.
okay but they use all the tron movies and i don't think they are going to go into tv seies just yet

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

I really want to see Tron again. DDD made his impact on Sora more interesting, which is sad seeing how a lot of Disney characters(besides the main cast) don't affect him in any way.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I really want to see Tron again. DDD made his impact on Sora more interesting, which is sad seeing how a lot of Disney characters(besides the main cast) don't affect him in any way.

Yeah, it was such a good way to tie it all together. It'd be nice to see more of that in KH3.

i mean actually a whole world not cameo like scrooge mcduck

I thought you meant the character whoops xD

D

Deleted member

I don't know. It kind of just sounds like he's done with advocating for Tron 3 and pushing for it to happen and the like. Like, he's done going out of his way to try and get things started with Tron, but if S-E came to him with a guaranteed role, I'd imagine he'd still be for it.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

okay but say he does tron for kingdom hearts 3 what are they going use as a world i mean they use every movie

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't know. It kind of just sounds like he's done with advocating for Tron 3 and pushing for it to happen and the like. Like, he's done going out of his way to try and get things started with Tron, but if S-E came to him with a guaranteed role, I'd imagine he'd still be for it.

That was also how I read it at first, but at the same time he seems done with the entire situation not just with the film but the entire franchise especially when he says "For me, I think it’s time to move on."

I can't imagine him passing up work. Everybody likes getting paid, but that apathy towards the franchise now could still be very off-putting.

okay but say he does tron for kingdom hearts 3 what are they going use as a world i mean they use every movie

They don't really have to go to a world, though. He can just be on a video screen or a disembodied voice or a hologram.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts 3 will feel incomplete without Tron in some shape or form. He was such a pivotal part of Kingdom Hearts 2 that it feels wrong to not include him. They always could get a sound-alike, but it wouldn't be the same.

ps: thanks for the shout out ~

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Hmm. Indeed it would be kinda sad not to hear the original person doing the work. I do wonder how on earth we are going to access the Chamber thou. It seems that only Xemans has the disc which triggers the password input sequence. Guess we have to get that, or try to find another way to get past that.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Good fucking job, Disney.

tumblr_inline_npz8xsCIUy1si6m7j_500.gif

D

Deleted member

Do we even need to access the chamber? All that's in there is a hunk of metal and a Keyblade no one needs anymore lol.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

This is just great. All those years loving him being Tron wasted. All we can do is pray.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Do we even need to access the chamber? All that's in there is a hunk of metal and a Keyblade no one needs anymore lol.

Not really, but it'd be a waste of showing it existed without actually visiting it and having Sora discover the mystery behind it. We already know about it, but the characters themselves don't and it should be used as a clue on finding Ven and Aqua rather than it just being easy and somebody finds Aqua through sheer will.

Hakan Xatos

Awards

Too bad. I always hoped Tron would be back in 3 in a type of Jarvis role. A disembodied voice aiding your journey through Radiant Garden or in the Gummi Ship. Collecting intel and research then relaying the info from behind (or in Tron's case inside) the computer.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Not really, but it'd be a waste of showing it existed without actually visiting it and having Sora discover the mystery behind it. We already know about it, but the characters themselves don't and it should be used as a clue on finding Ven and Aqua rather than it just being easy and somebody finds Aqua through sheer will.

As a matter of fact, we might have a character who's aware of this chamber's existence: Ienzo. He's the one who persuaded Ansem the Wise to build the underground lab itself, and thanks to KHII FM, we know that Xigbar's dropped some hints to him about just what goes on in the Chamber of Repose. If anyone knew how to find that place, it would be him.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

As a matter of fact, we might have a character who's aware of this chamber's existence: Ienzo. He's the one who persuaded Ansem the Wise to build the underground lab itself, and thanks to KHII FM, we know that Xigbar's dropped some hints to him about just what goes on in the Chamber of Repose. If anyone knew how to find that place, it would be him.

I was thinking of the main heroes when I said characters but you are definitely right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back