• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Help us interview Seth Kearsley next week!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

We are very pleased to announce that we will be recording an exclusive interview with animator and director of the shelved Kingdom Hearts Animated Series project Seth Kearsley.

Dandelion will be talking about Seth's background in animation, the first pass at the Kingdom Hearts animated series at Disney and a possible do-over. and whatever else we feel like talking about that day!

The reason why we're announcing it now is that we want to hear from you! Submit your questions and help us interview Seth! The interview will be recorded next Tuesday evening (March 14th), so send in your questions before then and we'll do our best to shove as many in as possible! 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
A question I would ask would be the music. Would he try and adapt Yoko's score or would he make a new one for the show

akirahikaru

How long will potentially be each episode ?

If the series of the first game will be succeeded, will you consider do TV series for the rest of the games?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
my question would be

Would you allow Mr Nomura or somebody from square side to give you some advice or tips on how to approach the cartoon series?

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
If a Kingdom Hearts cartoon series was to be Greenlit, what anime or cartoon franchises would you take inspiration from?

Sdog

Awards
Oh wow this is cool!

Only thing I can really think of would be how prevalent the Disney properties were going to be, i.e the worlds. Were we gonna get one world per episode? A montage of a bunch of em in one? Any o.g voice cast on board?

appleboy82791

Awards
Would you want to use the opening theme songs from the video games in a new opening for the TV show if possible or would you explore new options?

Dandelion

baroque bitch
Awards
These questions are great so far! Keep 'em coming everybody!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I got another one. Would he try to get the series on the Disney channel, Disney XD, or would he try for possibly Netflix?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Trying to think of questions is stressful!!! XD

Uh, okay here I go.

- If a new Kingdom Hearts animated series was greenlit, would it add foreshadowing for the later games or will it be treated as a standalone story like how the first game was pre-Final Mix?

- If the animated series does continue after the first game, how will the other games be written? Like, will each season be about a single game or will some games be merged together? (Example: things from Chain of Memories get shown and referenced throughout Kingdom Hearts II as opposed to doing a season of CoM then a season of KHII.)

Rael_Oblivion

Mine is: what animation style would you have used, and would you see that evolving to fit current trends/technology if you had the chance to go back to it?

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
my only concern would be the pacing of the story. I would feel little disappointed if they tried to rush the story of one world into a single episode. so my question is a two parter.

Would each world in Kingdom Hearts have like an episodic arc similar to DuckTales or have 1 episode for minor worlds and 2-3 for major worlds in the story?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Who would potentially be working on the show as far as animators, showrunners, producers are concerned? What worlds would be included and how far out of the box would you go for ideas?

Bad

Awards
Hey Seth, really rooting for ya! What level of animation could we expect from a KH cartoon? For example, I loved the art and animation of 8 Crazy Nights, but I don't imagine it was cheap...

Markus10199

A question about the show.....

Maybe ask: during the time where the animated show was first concepted, what year was it going to be aired? If not a date set, did he have one?

Hope this helps!

SoraForeverKH

Cool! My question I would most want to ask is about the voice actors. Would the characters be voiced by the originals from the game, Haley Joel Osment, Hayden Panettiere & David Gallagher? In my opinion they aren't the same beloved characters without their true voices.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If they can't use the original VAs from the games I'm sure they could find decent sound a likes.

IAmKidAlpha

Will the animation be similar to Shiro Amano's Kingdom Hearts manga art style?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back