• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Marvel's Spider-Man Creative Director would love to see Spider-Man in Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

If you haven't been keeping up-to-date on all of the latest video gaming news out there, then you should be happy to know that Marvel's Spider-Man by Insomniac Games will be releasing September 7, 2018. Game Informer spoke with the game's Creative Director, Bryan Intihar about the highly-aniticipated action-adventure title and also asked him 114 quick-fire questions, one of which touched on Kingdom Hearts.

The question is asked at 7:33 of the video which can be viewed on Game Informer's website:

— Is Spider-Man going to be in Kingdom Hearts?

Bryan Intihar: That's like my dream. That'd be awesome. They gotta start putting Marvel worlds in there, right?

— It's gotta happen. 

Intihar: They just added the Pixar stuff, right? So we need Star Wars, we need Marvel...

— Disney XD shows!

Intihar: Yeah of course. That'd be awesome to have Sora dressed as Spider-Man. That'd be great.

About four years ago Yasue briefly touched on the subject of including Marvel characters and stories in Kingdom Hearts 3, stating that the idea of it was not off-limits as they were given access to all of Disney's properties. The closest the series has gotten to Marvel is Disney's Big Hero 6, which was announced to be a world in Kingdom Hearts 3 back in 2015.

Fans are often divided on the idea of including other massive properties like Marvel or Star Wars to Kingdom Hearts, but nobody can deny that the idea of seeing Sora in Spider-Man's costume isn't something we've all wanted to see since Disney bought Marvel. 

Check out more of Game Informer's feature of Marvel's Spider-Man in the upcoming May issue of Game Informer and on their website. You can also pre-order Marvel's Spider-Man from the Playstation StoreAmazon, GameStop, and Best Buy right now. 

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Ciel

Re: Marvel's Spider-Man Creative Director would love to see Spider-Man in Kingdom Hearts

Sorry but it just feels way too out of place. Disney original IPs only please.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Marvel's Spider-Man Creative Director would love to see Spider-Man in Kingdom Hearts

He's got good taste lol. If we could ever get just one true Marvel property, Spider-Man is the best choice imo.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Agreed with sign here on Spider-Man in kh game

ImVentus

Awards

Another game I'm looking forward to play. When I saw the E3 trailer, I was hooked.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I've said this like a million times already, but I feel like if they wanted to include Marvel then I'd only be happy with Spider-Man. He fits due to his youthful jubilance, down-to-earth demeanor, and Spider-Man's story can easily be disconnected from the massive scope of Marvel's main universe and just focus on a kid who got bit by a radioactive spider.

It's very different from other Marvel franchises that I think rely heavily on each other's existence to maintain their stories in a shared universe.

Also because I love my idea, I think costumes and weapons would be innocuous enough. Sora in Spidey's outfit would be so hype. Donald with Mjolnir because he is a sweet little duck underneath the angry fluff and totally worthy. Goofy with Cap's shield is <3

Hell, give Riku and Mickey a costume too. Riku could be the Winter Soldier and Mickey is Iron Man lol

Mosaica

Heck yeah, I'm down for Spidey-Boy!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Marvel&#039;s Spider-Man Creative Director would love to see Spider-Man in Kingdom Hearts

BTW if anybody says "No" to Marvel, I'm going to say "But Big Hero 6". And if somebody says "But Disney" I'm going to say "But Stan Lee"

Scsigs

Sorry but it just feels way too out of place. Disney original IPs only please.
More out of place than the characters from TWEWY?

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Re: Marvel&#039;s Spider-Man Creative Director would love to see Spider-Man in Kingdom Hearts

BTW if anybody says "No" to Marvel, I'm going to say "But Big Hero 6". And if somebody says "But Disney" I'm going to say "But Stan Lee"

Or TWEWY or Pixar but they are in Kingdom Hearts. What defines can or can't be in Kingdom Hearts at this point, is it what we the consumers say or what SE says?

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Great optimism, but I just don't see it fitting in with the basis of mostly cartoon or animated Disney movies. Like imagine going from 100 Acre Woods to a Spider-Man world. I don't see the compatibility.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Great optimism, but I just don't see it fitting in with the basis of mostly cartoon or animated Disney movies. Like imagine going from 100 Acre Woods to a Spider-Man world. I don't see the compatibility.

We've already gone from 100 Acre Woods to Port Royal and Space Paranoids though.

horto12485

Awards

Well i want to see Spider-Man make a Cameo in Kingdom Hearts series maybe a Link Summon for Kingdom Hearts III.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

BTW if anybody says "No" to Marvel, I'm going to say "But Big Hero 6".

Outside of the Stan Lee cameo, Big Hero 6 was only inspired by the Marvel property of the same name. It's literally marketed and copyrighted as a Disney property by Disney themselves.

Disney-Infinity-10-Most-Wanted.jpg

Anyway, on the subject of Spidey. Yeah, I'm down for him after the Xehanort Saga. Kingdom Hearts has already exhausted the majority of their Disney animated blockbusters, so it'll get to a point where they have to use Marvel.

Speaking of Marvel, Sora, Donald and Goofy literally mirror Iron Man, Thor and Captain America. And Mickey being Doctor Strange writes itself.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

We've already gone from 100 Acre Woods to Port Royal and Space Paranoids though.

To me, that was already a stretch. Fine, to appease the overlords of this forum, I'll be fine with the inclusion of Spider-Man ONLY if they add him as a cartoon stylistic character. The Spider-Man created by Insomniac Games is awesome, but I don't see him as a fit.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

I'm finding... interesting... that people are bringing TWEWY into the debate. TWEWY is clearly from the Square side of things, and it's comparable to the Final Fantasy cameos, this is about worlds and Disney properties.
That's like saying the Punisher would be okay in Kingdom Hearts because Cloud was there and was a gloomy character.

Pixar as well, I mean... I think there's a difference and way more connecting bridges between Pixar and Disney (to the point that mistaking Pixar movies as pure Disney movies and vice versa is still a common mistake) than with the Marvel universe or even Star Wars.
Even if on paper they're the same instance I dunno, one thing is okay in my book and the others aren't. I'm okay if it's purely my subjective taste, I'm human after all.

On the subject of Big Hero Six, it's like Alpha said. It's only loosely based on the original source and the movie is a legit Disney movie.
Imma keep hoping all these crossovers remain a fandom fantasy as long as possible. Kingdom Hearts already walks on thin ice on so many roads, I don't need it to become the Super Smash Bros of franchises without the competitive gameplay.
The Disney love and atmosphere are a huge part of what keeps me tied to it.

Port Royal and Space Paranoids/The Grid are definitely an in-between and guess what, they are probably my least favourite worlds and the ones I connected the least due to how awkward everything looked. (Space Paranoids managed to be cartoony enough, especially the MCP)

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

To me, that was already a stretch. Fine, to appease the overlords of this forum, I'll be fine with the inclusion of Spider-Man ONLY if they add him as a cartoon stylistic character. The Spider-Man created by Insomniac Games is awesome, but I don't see him as a fit.

Lol you can disagree if you want. But what I'm trying to say is that the argument is kind of flawed? Nothing says that if Spider-Man would be included in KH that it'd be Insomniac's version. SE would obviously create their own and use a different art style.

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

Wouldn't think these big directors would have much interest in the KH series.

ImVentus

Awards

Wouldn't think these big directors would have much interest in the KH series.

Must've gotten jealous during the D23 outcry for KH3. No, but really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back