• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► RUMOR: Drake Bell Seemingly Confirms Role as Young Eraqus in Kingdom Hearts III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandelion

baroque bitch
Awards

Today on Twitter, actor Drake Bell retweeted a few fans tweet speculating that he was the voice of young Eraqus in Kingdom Hearts III.

Though not an outright confirmation, this doesn't come as much of a surprise as fans have been speculating that Bell was the voice of Young Eraqus as heard in the 2015 E3 Kingdom Hearts III trailer. This news comes shortly after confirmation that voice recording for the English dub of Kingdom Hearts III is well underway. 

As always, we will update you as we learn more! Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i don't think it even a secret we all kind of know he was young eraqus plus even though ben diskin joke about it back then he kind of confirm it was drake bell

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Fine with me. I don't know much about Drake Bell outside of Drake and Josh, but I'm sure he will do a great job voicing YE.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Oh well, not really much of a surprise, but it's nice to finally really know I guess

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
*opens mouth to talk about how Drake Bell is homophobic and transphobic* *closes mouth* Eraqus ran over Oprah.
Oh is that right? Well that's unfortunate he has those beliefs.

Are you referring that episode of Drake and Josh? That was one of my favorites, lol.

Gambler

I suspected he may have voiced Young Eraqus for a while, though I wasn't too sure.

Definitely curious to see if they'll get Mark Hamil back for old Eraqus in the main story now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh is that right? Well that's unfortunate he has those beliefs.

Are you referring that episode of Drake and Josh? That was one of my favorites, lol.

He’s said some particularly upsetting stuff on Twitter in the past and has tried to start feuds with people for no reason.

Yes, I am. It is one of my favorites as well!

I suspected he may have voiced Young Eraqus for a while, though I wasn't too sure.

Definitely curious to see if they'll get Mark Hamil back for old Eraqus in the main story now.

Everybody knew 3 years ago. Ben Diskin teased about it once or twice.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Drake has always been stupid. He's legitimately not very bright, nor does he have a following that respects his opinion. He was always very lucky to be paired with Josh.

Scsigs

I'm not surprised by this casting. If you pay attention to Disney's films & TV shows, both animated & live action, they tend to keep the contact info of the majority of their main actors on a shortlist of people to hire for new projects. Drake worked for them on Ultimate Spider-Man until sometime 2 years ago, so this makes sense. Hell, a lot of the voices of the secondary characters have worked for Disney at some point, like Yuffie's original VA, Christy Carlson Romano, was voicing Kim Possible & was on Even Stevens at the time the first game came out for example & I bet Drake would've loved to be in a KH game if he knew what they were about, which is possible because the first game came out when he was a teenage working for Nickelodeon, so he might've played some of the games years ago & taken an interest since the rereleases came out & 3's been getting all the hype over the last 5 years. I agree that Josh should play young Xehanort, but that job's already taken by Benjamin Diskin, so that's not likely. Maybe a literal brother to Eriquis or a friend who's like a brother to him. Then again, who knows how popular Drake & Josh is in Japan to really warrant an overt reference like that.

Also, just looking through the past posts here, why does EVERY casting have to be brought down by politics?
Announcement Thread: "James Woods confirms KH3's dub's being recorded."
Someone replying to the forum: "Oh, I don't want him as Hades. His politics are awful."
Like, what? Who didn't expect Woods back as Hades since he's come back for, literally, everything Disney Hercules-related that has Hades because he loves playing the character? Can we leave politics out of Kingdom Hearts? Also, that thread got FLOODED with other responses like that, so it's not just 1 person.

Announcement Thread: "Drake Bell Might be Young Eriquis in KH3."
Admin: "Drake Bell has (apparently) made homophobic & transphobic comments on Twitter."
Like, what? Why does that even remotely matter towards the casting of a Kingdom Hearts game? Again, can we leave this out of these discussions? However your feelings about these topics, do they really belong in threads discussing the English dub of this game? Why does it matter? These are actors that are here to act in a video game. Separate art from the artist, would you please? Or dedicate a whole thread for it. This doesn't seem like it's the best place to discuss these things. I have nothing against these talks, since they're issues that still need addressing, but there's a time & place & I really don't think a video game forum thread for voice acting is really the best place for it. Not trying to offend anyone, I just wanted to say this.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm going to give Bill Farmer another chance.
Maybe this time he won't goof it up.

It's easy to give Bill Farmer flack back then, but you have to remember that audio gets archived. Ben Dinskin and Drake Bell (supposedly) recorded lines that were in a 2015 trailer of Kingdom Hearts III.

My money on the next person to reveal their involvement would definitely be Ryan Potter. He loves anime and gaming so this seems to be right down his avenue. (Did he also voice Hiro in the Japanese dub of Big Hero 6)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back