• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What makes a Christian, a Christian?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Sure, anger and wrath may be the same thing, but hate is not either of those. I already told you what anger is and wrath is simply taking action because of your anger. Hate is having an extreme and passionate dislike and hostility towards something or someone. The only thing God feels this way towards is Satan and that's because Satan defied and betrayed God horribly. Anger in a normal emotion, Hate is a sin. I don't know how else to explain this to you. For example, I don't hate you. I mean sure you and I have different beliefs, but that's respectable. Sure maybe I'm angered at how you're portraying God, but I don't hate you for that. See what I'm getting at here Reika?

Anyone can feel angered and can unleash that anger upon someone, but Hate is something God does not ensue upon a being who has not betrayed him as Satan did. If you follow Satan, yes than God would most likely hate you for betraying him. But, that's probably the only exception.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Sure, anger and wrath may be the same thing, but hate is not either of those. I already told you what anger is and wrath is simply taking action because of your anger. Hate is having an extreme and passionate dislike and hostility towards something or someone.
So Hate is something that might be a result from anger and wrath. But I never said He hated us. He just tried to kill us as punishment, is all. But I particularly didn't mention something about hate, only the sin of Wrath/Anger.
The only thing God feels this way towards is Satan and that's because Satan defied and betrayed God horribly.
So He hates Satan because Satan betrayed Him? Based on context, would that also apply towards Adam and Eve because they "betrayed" Him by eating the fruit when He forbade them not to?
Anger in a normal emotion, Hate is a sin.
Both become and are sins. I remember that some Christians were so careful with sinning, they had thoughts that anger was a sin because that connected to Wrath, which they are the same. But I don't believe that Hate would be a sin, rather, the result of committing particular ones.
I don't know how else to explain this to you. For example, I don't hate you. I mean sure you and I have different beliefs, but that's respectable. Sure maybe I'm angered at how you're portraying God, but I don't hate you for that. See what I'm getting at here Reika?
Yes, I do. It must be the thing that I've been leaving out.
Anyone can feel angered and can unleash that anger upon someone,
Even to the extreme. Then results to Hate. Corruption ensues.
but Hate is something God does not ensue upon a being who has not betrayed him as Satan did.
I said He was angry, not hateful. I never said that particular word to describe Him in my eyes. Which you, evidently, misinterpreted. So let me add something; God is an asshole to us because, of what we created today, humanity is an asshole to God. But there shouldn't be something called "perfection" even of the sight of Him. Because God made people, so we made Him too, apparently. So, in balance, we love and hate each other. Get it?
If you follow Satan,
I don't see why I should. Then again, I don't see why I shouldn't, to a lesser extent.
yes than God would most likely hate you for betraying him. But, that's probably the only exception.
So if humanity was created from God by God, does that mean that God made that person a mistake and slightly resents Himself for letting humanity become corrupt and He's at fault too?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
So He hates Satan because Satan betrayed Him? Based on context, would that also apply towards Adam and Eve because they "betrayed" Him by eating the fruit when He forbade them not to?

I get what you're saying, but this situation would be just like a parent and child situation. The children(Adam and Eve) are told not to do something bad(fruit from the tree), however because of temptation(Satan in this case) they disobey. Now does the parent hate the child for this? No because the child does not know any better about the consequences. In this case, Adam and Eve didn't know any better about Satan and didn't know about the consequences. So no God did not hate them. They were tricked. Satan was just being a dumbass.

God is an asshole to us because, of what we created today, humanity is an asshole to God.
Maybe we are an asshole to him, but God does not treat us the same way. That would be, as the Bible states, trading evil for evil(revenge) and God clearly told humanity to not do such a thing as He does not.

So, in balance, we love and hate each other. Get it?

No not really. I don't hate God in any way.

So if humanity was created from God by God, does that mean that God made that person a mistake and slightly resents Himself for letting humanity become corrupt and He's at fault too?

Again, I'll tell you that God gave us FREE WILL. We are allowed to choose our own path. God gives us our personality, but we choose how to approach the the world. He let the world become corrupt because people made the world corrupt and because it's people who corrupt the world, God cannot undo that because doing so would be messing with humanity's free will. If people choose to be corrupted, God cannot make that person uncorrupted because that person chose to be so. God wants us to choose what to do in life. If we choose to be corrupt, than He cannot interfere with that because that is our choice, not His. It's up to us to follow Him. He won't make us follow Him, because He wants people who will truely love him even in a world such as ours.

MasterHearts7762

A christian is anyone who follows exactly the holy word of God.

Why wouldn't it be?

This.

Anyone who has dedicated there life to God and worships him.

And this.

The belief that Jesus was God's one and only son and that he died on the cross for the world's sins. Their morals can be found in a variety of other holy books.

And this.

Christians uphold the moral principles of God and try to live as a good person in this life so they may reach eternal life in Heaven.

Most people aren't

And this.

You see what i'm gettin to?

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Before I begin, might I suggest that you back up your arguments with scriptural proof?

True, He is a bastard, but He is also a reliable and faithful one. Although He brought upon His wrath upon us because of what we did (by which He apparently contradicted himself about that sin), He did give us the natural things we have today. But of course He would want to kill us but then again,

Why do you keep saying God wants to kill us? and how long have you been alive? It seems that you have included yourself into this broad category of "us" and "we" through the centuries.

2 Peter 3: 8-10 - However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance. Yet Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a hissing noise, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be discovered.

Notice the plain and simple blunt statement that says that God DOES NOT WANT PEOPLE TO DIE?

Moving along....

He wouldn't want to go through the creation of mankind. You misinterpreted it a bit too far. Yes, I said He was an asshole who, of course, if He is to be God then He must be the ruler of all,

Who says God rules over all? He may have supreme power, however that does not mean he is the ruler of all.

For example speaking of Satan the devil:

1 John 5:19 explains - We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one

2 Corinthians 4: 4- among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

Ephesians 2:2
- in which YOU at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience.

Note in those few scriptures it says that Satan is the ruler of this world. Hmmm...

even if He has to be just as equal in evil just as us humans have to be for Him to get us to listen. Like the quote said, He loves us and hates us all the same. Going to many extremities. So between Him and humanity, it's a love/hate relationship. He's not totally evil, but He's not totally good either.

<sigh> Okay. Listen, generally, a parent loves their children, correct? Now when their child does something they do not approve of or like, does that mean they hate their child? No, that means they are displeased with their child's actions. God may hate one's actions that are in clear violation of his laws, however he does not hate the individual.

Besides, Judgment days are crap. We already went through those things twice, and we can handle it already. So it's our fault that we filled everything with hypocrisy whether we know it or not. I'm surprised you don't reply to my entire posts but just the last paragraphs. You seriously have nothing to say to the rest?

I never went through a judgment day o_O That's crazy. You went through TWO?! Dang, you must be pretty old there.

Anger in itself is sin. He tried killing us out of Anger. Therefore, also with the Bible, He contradicted Himself.

Please show me where anger is a sin?

And children take after their parents most of the time you know. If we were created from God, and God had no evil within Him as well to be in balance with good, we would have no such thing as sins or evil at all.

If we were created as robots who were programed to do exactly as they were told then maybe there would be no sins or evil. However, there was a little something called free will that God threw in creation there as a bonus.

Free will. Where a person can do whatever they'd like to do within the possibilities of human physics.

To create something imperfect, the being must be imperfect itself. Even if it means that God is, whether you like it or not, you blissfully ignorant human.

God did not create anything imperfect. Now, don't go pointing fingers of ignorance when you are ignorant to the fact that you have a few more fingers pointing right back at you.

And He did. If you look back, it said that God was angered with the fact that Satan tried to gain powers that equaled His as well.

Satan never tried to gain powers equal to God's. He knew that could never happen. Now what he did want was for people do do whatever they wanted. He coveted the rightful glory that God received for himself. He wanted to be worshiped as a god. He knew however, that his plan from the start was a failure. His whole objective now is to get as many people not to serve God as he can before his time is up.

Besides, they didn't go to Hell.

They were kicked out of the garden of Eden and eventually died. Hence, they did go to "hell," Sheol, mankind's common grave, 6-feet under, etc. etc.

Due to hypocrisy that has been flooding the church. Then the secrets started getting out. Which are 1/3 of what's kept in the dark from the public.

Please enlighten the secrets you speak of o_O

You mean the Bible? Which is 1/8 of what they covered about God, made up of everyone's opinions over the years. Plus translation issues, laxing on the law of God (i.e. today), and the fact that they collect money...Why? Is there any reason why God needs money daily?

Who collects money? Are you making a generalization of people who read the Bible? Made up of everyone's opinions? Well they sure as heck kept it pretty unified.

I say God is both good and evil. He gave us the Earth, we are grateful. He gave us free will, we used it to our advantage. We gained knowledge, and He realizes that even He, who is a deity, has made mistakes.

Stop. So where does it say he realized me made a mistake? Where does it say he made a mistake period? Or is this some more of your personal opinions? Hmmm, didn't you just write off the Bible as a collection of people's opinions over the years, thus it lacking any substance? Could we say the same for your opinions?

Fight sin by committing sin.

=] *giggles*

So Hate is something that might be a result from anger and wrath. But I never said He hated us. He just tried to kill us as punishment, is all. But I particularly didn't mention something about hate, only the sin of Wrath/Anger.

Oh crap..... I almost thought I saw this before -

even if He has to be just as equal in evil just as us humans have to be for Him to get us to listen. Like the quote said, He loves us and hates us all the same. Going to many extremities. So between Him and humanity, it's a love/hate relationship. He's not totally evil, but He's not totally good either.

Oh wait, I did see that.

So let me add something; God is an asshole to us

Examples pleeeeaaasseee :D

humanity is an asshole to God.

Oh I do agree.

But there shouldn't be something called "perfection" even of the sight of Him.

Who are you, an imperfect, adolescence, not even able to drive a car legally, only having dipped your little toes into the ocean of life, to decide what something should be considered in the sight of God?

Because God made people, so we made Him too, apparently.

Oh wow, so how does that make sense? I made this table! But don't give me all the credit, the table made me too! : D

So, in balance, we love and hate each other. Get it?

We, is too many people.

I don't see why I should. Then again, I don't see why I shouldn't, to a lesser extent.

So if humanity was created from God by God,

Mhmm

does that mean that God made that person a mistake

Do you mean imperfectly? Flawed? Expound on your meaning of "made that person a mistake" please.

and slightly resents Himself for letting humanity become corrupt and He's at fault too?

God doesn't need us for anything. He's not at fault for anything.

Let me refer you to another thread that discusses why man is corrupt and why God has allowed it.

http://forums.khinsider.com/religious/104273-suffering.html

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Hmmm... I suppose how one is to conduct themselves in Christianity is one of the more important ones. Christianity is based on faith in God (which does help if one reads the Bible) and follows conduct given in the Bible or do what seems to be morally best if possible; it doesn't neccesarily mean what they think is best is, though.

From what I understand, Christianity (being Christian) besides stemming from love for God and everyone, also means you are to trust your instincts (or the Holy Spirit) as well. If one is very faithful, they may feel much peace in this religion (or can at times) and think more clearly in spite of feelings of torment that may have been felt a moment ago.

It could be said it also means taking the harder, more meaningful road rather than the short, easy walk. Instead of one giving up their body to someone who doesn't really care for them just to feel wanted, they should hold up until they find someone right for them.

Reading the Bible and going to Church certainly helps improve faith, but if there is no faith to begin with, what is the point of going to Church, then, if we get nothing from it? If one has faith, they should naturally pursue God and do what's good in his eyes because they want to, not necessarily for the promise of Heaven, but because they want to. (One thing I find worrying is how Christianity is taught in some ways... at least, I never liked how they emphasized how doing good acts will make us go to Heaven or thinking more of the reward than the now, than doing the act for it being good. I don't know... there was something I always found worrying about it.... )

It is up to you what you think. Many people have described having Christ in their life feels like a hole has been filled within themselves, but it's more like God is a pinnacle, sending energy down upon you instead of you having to make it from the barren ground which in itself is tiring or hard.

This is what I believed to be true, anyhow. This is how I define Christianity for myself anyway.

Last edited:

Swift

EDIT: Oops double posted. How to I delete this post? ><

Last edited:

Blueman

...Are you forgetting that he tried to kill all of us twice before in history out of Wrath? Sometimes, when a Christian takes extreme, they would call him "master" from time to time or so I've seen heard. Hell, the only reason why He banished Satan in the first place was because the idea of Satan having equal power to him in Heaven, means that He wouldn't have as much leadership and power anymore as a sole individual. And having God's equal power to have power over humanity as well went against Him, only because He wanted all the greatest power to Himself.

When He tried to kill His children, He tried to kill both humanity and animals but Noah built his famous Ark. The second time was more precise; He tried to kill us but made sure the animal kingdom was safe (which doesn't make sense because we are animals). The reason for the first time was because He grieved or rather, disgusted with the corruptness that humanity created, even the church, which is why he decided to destroy and end it all. He was so angry, he forgot about the fact that He told Noah to save us. So the next time He decided to destroy the world, He would try to be careful on how things plan out. Although He said that He regretted producing all of the disasters to destroy the world and promised "never to do it again" He pretty much did later on anyway.

The second reason why He tried to kill us was because the Romans tried building the coliseums as a sort of tower to get into Heaven and have Godly power themselves, which would be a similar with the case of Satan; trying to have equal power as God would be going against Him, as He is, and always, the ruler. Out of anger, He destroyed the "tower" and was angered at the same concept of why he did it the first time, breaking His promise to Noah; he was angered because of the corruptness humanity created just to reach its goals. He tried killing us all again, this time, remembering His mistake during the time of when Noah created the Ark, He saved all the animals before decreeing His judgment among humanity, leaving all of us to die without any food. I forgot how He forgave us.

If it wasn't for Jesus' last words, "Father, please forgive them", at the time of his crucifixion, God would try to kill us again for killing His Son, all because His Son's teachings went against the Roman church and their teachings. Now consider this:

This pretty much proves that God loves us just as much as He hates us. Which is just enough amount that equals certain doom upon all humanity. If you're not reading the passages right and carefully on how He, although has brought upon good deeds, has tried to screw with us since the dawn of time to the point of contradicting Himself in order to kill us, then you, sir, are a damn retard stuck in the light of the illusion that God is nothing but a good person. Fuck no. That is not true at all.

You're an athiest, aren't you?

<3

Call me Love, love.
I looked at this question and immedately remembered all the debate me and my cousion had. : D

I look at believing in God to be a simple thing. Making being a Christian even easier. To me, not going to church every Sunday, praying everynight by my bed and devoting my life to rules that wont let me live is just spent wasted. Really all I do is believe that God created this world and their is a life for when I die up in the clouds. That my loved ones that have regreatably past watch over me. Being a christian in my books is a great honor. I had to go through all the annoying after school classes, but all in all, it was a great experiance and I leant so much insite it was crazy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people that try to convince anyone in site to believe in God. I'm just one that believes deeply that being a christian is simple. You don't have to do all the things movies and the elderly make out you have to. Just believe and really, I think, that does all the work.

I just want to point one thing out while I'm on the religion subject. Scicentolgy. It gives me the shits.

Sorry if I have affened any one in my post. These are my thoughts and I'm just tired and bored enough to rant and babble about things.

Shade737

Silver Member
I see how instead of responding to his elaborate reply, you chose to label him. Bravo.
Somebody else already did and the he is a her. He said that because it is obvious by how she is saying it with a hint of anger in her post and the constant hope of disproving Christianity.

Shade737

Silver Member
Even a Buddhist would rarely go that far in trying to disprove Christianity.

cloudxxzach

Christianity, to me, is letting Jesus in your heart and believing that he is the son of God.
Pretty simple. Although, wen u get into the details it can get confusing. Since I was born into a strong Christian family, I havent ever gotten the opportunity to believe in anything different. Dont get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my belief for anything in the world, but unlike some people... I didnt ever have to change from nonchristian to christian. It was just something that was going to happen. He makes my life a lot less stressful, knowing I can trust him to take care of me. XD

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
What Reika Noko said sounded more distorted from what I learned than when American culture is imitated by the Japanese.

I have no idea what she's even saying in that second paragraph, but the third paragraph seems to be about the tower of babel, where god didn't kill anyone, he just created many languages.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Even a Buddhist would rarely go that far in trying to disprove Christianity.

Perhaps, but how many of them do you know?

I have no idea what she's even saying in that second paragraph, but the third paragraph seems to be about the tower of babel, where god didn't kill anyone, he just created many languages.

Unless there were people on top xD

Swift

Not really. Hell is Satan's domain. Hell is the one place that is without God. I guess God's power would give him power over Hell if he chose so, but really who would want power over a place like Hell?

Wrong. God rules over Satan, and also hell. Your right who would want power over hell but, God do. He had control over everything so yea. ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back