• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xemnas. Why didn't he?...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
^^ Maybe because Terra met Riku and Sora and Terra was the one who told Riku about the Keyblade.
For Riku that would be a bit odd.

Aquaman OS

Terra didn't tell him anything specific about the Keyblade though. To Riku the guy just let him hold a odd sword and told him he'd come check on him again a few years and teach him more about how the world truly was. Said guy then never returned.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I'm not saying that I agree that Xemnas was able to but decided not to because he didn't want to because as you said he was getting his butt handed to him. I'm siding with Nomura bluffing or Xemnas wasn't able to wield his keyblade but knew that he could, someone was stopping him.

Z

Zulkir

I think, simply put, the moment he "locked" his heart when he was Terranort, he couldn't use it anymore. He sealed his memories and his ability to use it.

Not intentionally using it is stupid , even his last words are "cursed...keyblade".

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
His feelings resided in Anger and hatred, his powers were compressed with the abilities of darkness, and he didn't harbor anything using light. You have to remember that those who fall too deep into darkness are not able to use the keyblade. Evidence of Xehanort opening the door to the heart of Radiant Guardian meant that before he fell completely to darkness he still had the abilities of a keyblade wielder, and that all that had set him back was the simple fact that he has no idea he is one. This means memory plays an important part. A more similar example is Riku losing his keyblade. Because his feelings resented certain aspects the keyblade chose, it instead followed Sora, which left Riku to handle the Sword known as the Soul Eater. It wasn't until later that he would reprise his heart to the light in transitioning the Soul Eater into the Way to the Dawn. In order for Xehanort the apprentice to regain his abilities of the keyblade, he would have to balance out his darkness and light (the darkness being perceived from his dark replicas). If Xehanort the apprentice could somehow remember his origins the ability of the keyblade could be regained, but without his full memories he can't regain that position of keyblade status. In this case, if he remembered that he was a keyblader, then he'd have to try to reconnect his memories in enabling how it happened, thus his side plans of regaining memories.

Aquaman OS

That's not true. Master Xehanort and Vanitas's keyblades have no problem with their darkness and being used for evil. Vanitas is nothing but darkness but his keyblade still obeys him.

It's the strength of heart that lets you use a Keyblade. They Keyblade went to Sora because Riku had already left the island and later Riku could take it because Sora's heart was weakened from his self doubt over the situation with Kairi. Once Sora gets his confidence back he has the stronger heart and it goes back to Sora. Meanwhile the Keyblade of hearts still has no trouble obeying Riku despite Riku not being in control of his own body.

How light or dark you are has nothing to do with Keyblade use. You just need to have been given the rite to use one (or have the heart of someone who does in your own) and have an available keyblade either by being chosen by a new one or by being given or finding someone else with the other person not objecting. The only time a Keyblade will abandon you is it there is one keyblade and two users in conflict over it in which case it will obey the one with the stronger heart.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
its abvious why he cant:
its cause he dosent have a heart!!
roxas had vens heart so he can weild it
xion well we dont really know how replicas are made but i can assume that they have hearts to just artificial

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
This is the perfect example of an inefficient retcon until stated otherwise. I also think Nomura's response was utter sh!t. But I'll take it as he hasn't really thought that far ahead and simply let one go. I "might" have faith that he provides an explanation when the time comes.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
roxas had vens heart so he can weild it
Personally I'd say that if Roxas did in fact had something of a heart (which I believe), he had the essence of Ven's heart.

As for the topic at hand, i can't say I believe that Xemnas intentionally didn't use a keyblade.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
That's not true. Master Xehanort and Vanitas's keyblades have no problem with their darkness and being used for evil. Vanitas is nothing but darkness but his keyblade still obeys him.

It's the strength of heart that lets you use a Keyblade. They Keyblade went to Sora because Riku had already left the island and later Riku could take it because Sora's heart was weakened from his self doubt over the situation with Kairi. Once Sora gets his confidence back he has the stronger heart and it goes back to Sora. Meanwhile the Keyblade of hearts still has no trouble obeying Riku despite Riku not being in control of his own body.

How light or dark you are has nothing to do with Keyblade use. You just need to have been given the rite to use one (or have the heart of someone who does in your own) and have an available keyblade either by being chosen by a new one or by being given or finding someone else with the other person not objecting. The only time a Keyblade will abandon you is it there is one keyblade and two users in conflict over it in which case it will obey the one with the stronger heart.

Master Xehanort and Vanitas are two people void of choice because they are given their own respective keyblades, and all the keyblade has to do is accept that heart. Vanitas is partly formed from a keyblade wielder while Xehanort is of course formerly experienced, so the acceptance isn't hard to understand. Strength only becomes a viable effort when choice between two wielders becomes apparent as seen between Sora and Riku, and explained by Ansem SoD. To fall deep into darkness is to lose one's heart to it, and that is a manifestation beyond the heart, such as the heartless. Nobodies are the exception if they choose the path of darkness more so than a path of light. I'd say that the only given reason for Roxas knowingly using a keyblade is the fact that Xemnas relinquished that part of his memory. We all know that nobodies are capable of their former memories however Xemans's goes deeper than that. The keyblade is a power of light whether it resides in darkness or not, so the power being weld by Roxas and Xion is light, and that separates them from the rest of the Org.

About Xemnas however, th whole point is that he shuns the light, his feelings draw no attention towards a keyblade if he was trying to take one. The other fact is that he has no memories before his unconsciousness. If he could weild a keyblade as Ansems apprentice then him using a keyblade would be resolved as a nobody. However what memories he could have possibly gained from Aquas armor could have sparked something about his past, which would give light to the thought that he may have had some little knowledge of himself using a keyblade. How that would come about however is still unattainable without his blocked memories.

So yeah, He might know that he was once a keyblade weilder, but what made him one is still blocked from his memories, and the may be the whole purpose of his research on memories. And yes, there is definitely some obvious retcon to work around this

Aquaman OS

The problem might be that he honestly doesn't remember how to use a Keyblade. Even if the armor told him he was that doesn't help him if he doesn't remember how to summon it.

Still though light and dark have nothing to do with Keyblades beyond the realm they originate from according to the BBS Xehanort reports. Kingdom Key D originated from the Dark Realm while Kingdom Key and every other Keyblade shown so far original from the Realm of the Light. And even then they are exactly the same aside from their origin. Mickey has a Kingdom Key from the Dark Realm but exclusively uses only light with it.

And remember that most of the stuff about the Keyblade implied in KH 1 (that it is a unique one of a kind weapon per realm that only one person can have for example) has since been retconed away.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Master Xehanort and Vanitas are two people void of choice because they are given their own respective keyblades, and all the keyblade has to do is accept that heart. Vanitas is partly formed from a keyblade wielder while Xehanort is of course formerly experienced, so the acceptance isn't hard to understand.
Assuming MX performed the keyblade ceremony on Ven (for the X-blade), it's probably implied that he was training Ven to be a dark keyblade wielder.

Edit: Eh, forget I said that. It doesn't sound right in my head >_<

About Xemnas however, th whole point is that he shuns the light, his feelings draw no attention towards a keyblade if he was trying to take one. The other fact is that he has no memories before his unconsciousness. If he could weild a keyblade as Ansems apprentice then him using a keyblade would be resolved as a nobody.
Roxas/Sora had none of Ven's memories, yet they could still use his keyblade.

Last edited:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Riku could probably have dual wield Destiny Place and WTD in KH2 because he had part of XH in him and thus part of XH heart, so he had the merged heart of Terra and MX inside of him. With XH gone from Riku's heart, I doubt he can duel wield now.

Now onto the issue of Xemnas. I think it's as simple that Xemnas forget how to use the keyblade. I mean we know Xemnas' memories have been returning very slowly, but his memories of how to use the keyblade are probably still forgotten.

Now before anyone says that the Door of Radiant Gardens wouldn't have opened for Xehanort unless he had a keyblade, I will remind everyone that Riku was able to see beyond Destiny Islands door when he was a kid, and we know he didn't have a keyblade then. So it seems Keyholes and their doors react to the heart of a keyblade wielder and not the keyblade itself.

In other words, the Radiant Garden door was reacting the the merged heart of Xehanort, therefore he didn't need to wield a keyblade at that time.

So IMO, Xehanort/XH/Xemnas has simply forgotten how to wield the keyblade.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Riku could probably have dual wield Destiny Place and WTD in KH2 because he had part of XH in him and thus part of XH heart, so he had the merged heart of Terra and MX inside of him. With XH gone from Riku's heart, I doubt he can duel wield now.

Now onto the issue of Xemnas. I think it's as simple that Xemnas forget how to use the keyblade. I mean we know Xemnas' memories have been returning very slowly, but his memories of how to use the keyblade are probably still forgotten.

Now before anyone says that the Door of Radiant Gardens wouldn't have opened for Xehanort unless he had a keyblade, I will remind everyone that Riku was able to see beyond Destiny Islands door when he was a kid, and we know he didn't have a keyblade then. So it seems Keyholes and their doors react to the heart of a keyblade wielder and not the keyblade itself.

In other words, the Radiant Garden door was reacting the the merged heart of Xehanort, therefore he didn't need to wield a keyblade at that time.

So IMO, Xehanort/XH/Xemnas has simply forgotten how to wield the keyblade.
i think your right sbout the opening doors thing but im not so sure xemnas just 'forgot' how to use the keyblade.
i just think thats to simple and quite frankly dosent make sense. wouldnt his keyblade appear before him? sora didnt just find the keyblade lying around and taught himself how to use it. it came before him. therefore shouldnt the keyblade like sense that theres heartless around and come to its weilders side?
plus just forgeting is to simple. nomura is being pretty mysterious about the topic and is obviously hiding something that we dont know.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I thought that Xemnas couldn't wield a Keyblade because Roxas had Ven's heart and Xemnas lacked a heart. Wasn't that the loophole? Don't you need a heart to wield the Keyblade and that's part of the reason it's so effective against the Heartless?

Or is this just fan-made theory stuff?

Spire

I thought that Xemnas couldn't wield a Keyblade because Roxas had Ven's heart and Xemnas lacked a heart. Wasn't that the loophole? Don't you need a heart to wield the Keyblade and that's part of the reason it's so effective against the Heartless?

Or is this just fan-made theory stuff?

That was my understanding...but who knows?

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
you mean the KK?, that's actually the keyblade that was supposed to be for Riku. That has nothing to do with the predicament of Xehanort

What? The KK is the base form of the keyblade, it could be anyone's.

Aqualung

It's so obvious... Terra sealed away Terranort's memories when he locked his heart with MX's keyblade. Notice how we NEVER SEE HIM WIELD ONE after that moment? Riku at Hollow Bastion also doesn't count because Xehanort's heartless was possessing Riku who was made a keyblade user by Terra, and then when he became Ansem SoD Riku was banished to Kingdom Hearts. So no, Terranort couldn't wield a keyblade after his memories got sealed, and as a result his heartless and nobody couldn't either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back