• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's keyblade.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
even so, it's still contradictoryto make XH a keyblade wielder or able to wield a keyblade.
Not really. It's been hinted since KH2 anyway, what with the whole "How did Xehanort open the Door to Radiant Garden's Heart?" (ANSWER: Because he can wield the Keyblade). Nomura said it would be addressed fully in the next story though. (Most likely KH3D)

Major BBS Spoilers ahead. Aqua performed a Keyblade inheritance ceremony with Kairi in BBS, hence how she can weld the keyblade and Riku got the keyblade that he gives Kairi from the projection of Aqua he meets in the realm of darkness.
Yeah, that last bit is just speculation.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Not really. It's been hinted since KH2 anyway, what with the whole "How did Xehanort open the Door to Radiant Garden's Heart?" (ANSWER: Because he can wield the Keyblade). Nomura said it would be addressed fully in the next story though. (Most likely KH3D)

Xehanort =/= xehanort's heartless.

you did the same thing with the ansem alias

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
not really. if that were true, sora would have ben able to wield a keyblade in his anti form. plus it's been seen before that the keyblade can reject you

That is not what I meant. Are you talking about Ansem Seeker of Darkness (a.k.a. "Xehanort's Heartless") or Xehanort? I said that Master Xehanort can, or in other words, Ansem SoD's Somebody.

Allister Rose

French Lover
wait i lost my chain of thought....oh wel....i give up. but like i said before, people can lose the ability to wield the keyblade.

i doubt terra locked his and MX's heart simply to make him lose memories

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Xehanort =/= xehanort's heartless.

you did the same thing with the ansem alias
Eh? If a somebody is technically a wielder there would be no reason as to why their heart can't. Sora was just a heart at the end of KH1 through CoM and had no problems. Xemnas is Xehanort's Nobody and as we saw through Roxas, Nobodies can wield the Keyblade if their somebody did. Nomura has said it will be addressed but it's equally possible he had simply decided not to use it (The Keyblade, I mean). So there's hardly anything contradictory, because, as I said, it's been hinted at for years now.

wait i lost my chain of thought....oh wel....i give up. but like i said before, people can lose the ability to wield the keyblade.
Has that ever really been shown? Outside of Sora/Riku in KH1, no one has ever lost a Keyblade, and even in that case, Sora could still wield it, he just couldn't call that Keyblade his own for a brief time. Roxas didn't lose his ability to summon in KH2 either, it's just that since he lost his memories, he didn't know how to actually Summon it (which is why he had to go through an awakening again).

I don't think it's ever been shown someone can lose their ability to wield the Keyblade.

Vixx

We all know of the scene where riku gives kairi her very own gayblade urm i mean keyblade lol. I have a question concerning that or rather a two questions:
How did he know that kairi could wield a keyblade?
Where did he get it?
That's about it so any theories or answers.

I am not actually sure, kairi, being one of the princesses of hearts and a member of the three main characters, her story was set to where she was bound to have one of her own someday, thats my theory anyways.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
There isn't necessarily one Keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, "Those with strong hearts" is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's Keyblade are naturally the same type of Keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurrence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think its OK to think there is some deeper meaning there.
And I also believe Riku mentioned that he felt the keyblade "belonged" to her.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Eh? If a somebody is technically a wielder there would be no reason as to why their heart can't. Sora was just a heart at the end of KH1 through CoM and had no problems. Xemnas is Xehanort's Nobody and as we saw through Roxas, Nobodies can wield the Keyblade if their somebody did. Nomura has said it will be addressed but it's equally possible he had simply decided not to use it (The Keyblade, I mean). So there's hardly anything contradictory, because, as I said, it's been hinted at for years now.

Plus Sora has been seen to lose the usage of his keyblade whenever he's in anti form

Has that ever really been shown? Outside of Sora/Riku in KH1, no one has ever lost a Keyblade, and even in that case, Sora could still wield it, he just couldn't call that Keyblade his own for a brief time. Roxas didn't lose his ability to summon in KH2 either, it's just that since he lost his memories, he didn't know how to actually Summon it (which is why he had to go through an awakening again).

I don't think it's ever been shown someone can lose their ability to wield the Keyblade.

1)Sora was a purified heartless, aka wandering heart. but either way like i've said before, people can lose the ability. XH and/or xemnas deciding not to use the keyblades sounds stupid because it made roxas not so necessary to the organization.

2)and i do believe sora/riku incident is pretty reliable enough. they can regain the usage of the keyblade, but if they make their heart strong again. and i'm thinking not a physical strong but a more symbolical strong if you know what i mean. like resistance to darknes or something

Last edited:

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
1)Sora was a purified heartless, aka wandering heart. but either way like i've said before, people can lose the ability. XH and/or xemnas deciding not to use the keyblades sounds stupid because it made roxas not so necessary to the organization.

2)and i do believe sora/riku incident is pretty reliable enough. they can regain the usage of the keyblade, but if they make their heart strong again. and i'm thinking not a physical strong but a more symbolical strong if you know what i mean. like resistance to darknes or something
Except so far we have not been shown anyone lose the ability to wield a Keyblade. At most, we've seen them lose the ability to use that -particular- Keyblade, but not the ability to wield altogether. The Sora/Riku Incident doesn't show any of them losing the ability to wield Keyblades, just the ownership of that particular one. Riku still had the ability to wield the Keyblade after it chose Sora, it was just no Keyblade had chosen him yet.

loke13

Except so far we have not been shown anyone lose the ability to wield a Keyblade. At most, we've seen them lose the ability to use that -particular- Keyblade, but not the ability to wield altogether. The Sora/Riku Incident doesn't show any of them losing the ability to wield Keyblades, just the ownership of that particular one. Riku still had the ability to wield the Keyblade after it chose Sora, it was just no Keyblade had chosen him yet.
Well to tell you the truth we don't actually know if Apprentice Xehanort had a keyblade of not.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Well to tell you the truth we don't actually know if Apprentice Xehanort had a keyblade of not.
I never implied he did or didn't. I was just debating if he could wield one, which is supported more or less by the fact that he could open the door to RG's heart.

HeartsLight

I never implied he did or didn't. I was just debating if he could wield one, which is supported more or less by the fact that he could open the door to RG's heart.
The fact that he could open RG's heart doesn't apply here as it was never locked by the Keyblade and so the door was essentially open in the first place, hence a Keyblade was unnecessary to open it as there was no need to unlock it. This is given ample evidence in KH1 where Maleficent and the others, who had no Keyblades were all trying to open the door's to their various world's hearts.

Edit: And on another note, I believe "Kairi's Keyblade" to be both possible and unnecessary as she is already a Princess of Heart with all the inherent powers therein. The Keyblade is overkill in this case IMO.

loke13

The fact that he could open RG's heart doesn't apply here as it was never locked by the Keyblade and so the door was essentially open in the first place, hence a Keyblade was unnecessary to open it as there was no need to unlock it. This is given ample evidence in KH1 where Maleficent and the others, who had no Keyblades were all trying to open the door's to their various world's hearts.

Edit: And on another note, I believe "Kairi's Keyblade" to be both possible and unnecessary as she is already a Princess of Heart with all the inherent powers therein. The Keyblade is overkill in this case IMO.
Show me one case where a PoH uses there ability as an offensive weapon?

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
We all know of the scene where riku gives kairi her very own gayblade urm i mean keyblade lol. I have a question concerning that or rather a two questions:
How did he know that kairi could wield a keyblade?
Where did he get it?
That's about it so any theories or answers.

Does it really matter? It was a dumb idea in the first place I would rather see less of it.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
The fact that he could open RG's heart doesn't apply here as it was never locked by the Keyblade and so the door was essentially open in the first place, hence a Keyblade was unnecessary to open it as there was no need to unlock it.
Except that it does apply here, because Nomura (and in game, Ansem) have pointed it out as a legit mystery that would be answered in "the story of Xehanort's Memories" (AKA BBS). Played BBS and now we can see the reason he could open the door was because he could wield because of Terra/Eraqus/MX/etc. It is horrendously clear what it was implying, not just "the door wasn't locked, hurr durr." The door on DI was never locked, but only Riku could open it because only Riku could wield the Keyblade (thus the point of the flashback in KH1 where we see Young Riku notice the Keyhole)
So yeah, it applies.

This is given ample evidence in KH1 where Maleficent and the others, who had no Keyblades were all trying to open the door's to their various world's hearts.
They were trying, yes, but did any of them succeed? No.
It should be mentioned, that it isn't really said that they were trying to open the doors, just that they were looking for the Keyholes. I mean, you could say it is sort of implied that they would open them, but it isn't actually said "we want to open the doors". They just thought having the Keyhole meant they could ultimately control that world.

Well doesn't matter as it is how it is going to be.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
To put some order in the mess.

In the novels, that Keyblade's appearance was described as a long dormant memory resurfacing. This could relate very well to Xehanort's Heartless, as Apprentice Xehanort lost his Memories of before he met Ansem, and that would be something shared by both Xemnas and XH.
With Xehanort being a mix of Terra and MX whose Memories were buried in the process, and both were established wielders, it all adds up gloriously why Riku could get a second Keyblade, much like how Sora got his second one from Ventus.

As for feeling it belonged with Kairi, while it does make one wonder about the Oathkeeper, no one can deny that Keychain Riku pulled out is based on Kairi. Especially seeing how much like Sora and Mickey sharing the Star Seeker based on Yen Sid, Riku and Aqua share Destiny's Place after they ran into Kairi
Which would easily explain why he felt it belonged with her.

With Nomura yapping about how you need a Heart to Wield a Keyblade, XH being a Heartless therefore a Heart clears out that problem, assuming he's the cause behind it for the reasons explained above in the spoiler mark.

That does mean, however, that now that XH is gone from Riku's Body, we might see the Keychain again, but not that specific Keyblade - not in Riku's hands, at least.
It makes a lot more sense in comparison to him getting it in any sort of a conscious way due to seemingly being surprised in the novels at it popping up.
And IIRC that is one of the parts in the novels Nomura specifically said he worked on, when he explained the novels making him realized he ruined KH2 plot wise and left most of it out in favor of Disney fillers.

As for Xehanort the Apprentice opening the door to RG, yeah, it's because he had Wielding abilities, Nomura didn't leave much room for doubt about that even in his earlier hintings in that regards. xD
And it gets Riku opening the door to the Heart of DI to compare to.

Anything I missed? XD

As for the whole "baw, Kairi shouldn't get a Keyblade", I'm amused by how Nomura seems to go about it. if he wants to give her one, he can, since she's a Wielder. He doesn't? No one ever said every Wielder had to be chosen by a Keyblade. X3~

HeartsLight

Show me one case where a PoH uses there ability as an offensive weapon?
I never said that being a PoH gave her offensive capabilities, I only meant that as a character being both is a bit of overkill i.e. as a character it sort of makes her overpowering. I also never said that I disliked her having the Keyblade. I actually like it that she defended herself for once and now doesn't need to totally depend on everyone else. While in terms of power she appears to be ridiculously strong with the addition of the Keyblade it does give her some independence and strength as a character which I like. In other words I have mixed feelings about her use of a Keyblade.

Except that it does apply here, because Nomura (and in game, Ansem) have pointed it out as a legit mystery that would be answered in "the story of Xehanort's Memories" (AKA BBS). Played BBS and now we can see the reason he could open the door was because he could wield because of Terra/Eraqus/MX/etc. It is horrendously clear what it was implying, not just "the door wasn't locked, hurr durr." The door on DI was never locked, but only Riku could open it because only Riku could wield the Keyblade (thus the point of the flashback in KH1 where we see Young Riku notice the Keyhole)
So yeah, it applies.
I would like to point out that I have never played nor looked at spoilers for BBS and don't intend to until I have played it myself. I honestly thought it was possible for a non-Keyblade wielder to open the doors as I haven't been on these forums or looking at fandom stuff for a couple of years now and only came back when I started to replay the games again very recently. As a consequence I'm currently trying to catch-up, just bear with me while I go through the process.
Also in reading the Ansem reports it mentions that he opened the door in Radiant Garden. With Ansem the Wise not being a wielder I thought that this meant that others could open unlocked doors, though looking back on it I'm not sure whether it was Ansem the Wise or Xehanort the Apprentice who opened the door. I just know that one of the reports mentions it just before he meets the king.

They were trying, yes, but did any of them succeed? No.
It should be mentioned, that it isn't really said that they were trying to open the doors, just that they were looking for the Keyholes. I mean, you could say it is sort of implied that they would open them, but it isn't actually said "we want to open the doors". They just thought having the Keyhole meant they could ultimately control that world.
See above for my previous thoughts about opening the doors, however, on that point I admit that I was probably wrong. On another point, they knew that the doors led to the Hearts of the Worlds and wanted to attain that power. Therefore needing to open the door to gain it. At least that's how I interpreted the first game and they're intentions. In any case, they did mention that Sora could be useful if they could manage to manipulate him as they were Riku. Couldn't that mean they intended to use one or the other to open the doors?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I never said that being a PoH gave her offensive capabilities, I only meant that as a character being both is a bit of overkill i.e. as a character it sort of makes her overpowering.

That's true only if they actually do something with both aspects. The PoH aspect as a whole was greatly mistreated, and if Kairi's to maintain being an active plot force in the series, best to not have it be only as Sora's would be romantic interest as that only worked really well when we had Namine and Xion's own plots to go along with it. If they want to use Kairi herself, however, they need more than that.

While in terms of power she appears to be ridiculously strong with the addition of the Keyblade

Against intimidating SHADOW HEARTLESS.
I'll never get over this. I'm not saying she can't become stronger but just because she smacked a couple of SHADOW Heartless with what's the strongest weapon known to man doesn't make her strong; it makes her capable of swinging a blunt object.

Also in reading the Ansem reports it mentions that he opened the door in Radiant Garden. With Ansem the Wise not being a wielder I thought that this meant that others could open unlocked doors, though looking back on it I'm not sure whether it was Ansem the Wise or Xehanort the Apprentice who opened the door. I just know that one of the reports mentions it just before he meets the king.

It's Apprentice Xehanort, not AtW. AtW himself wrote in the KH2 Secret Reports that Xehanort opening the door was one of the biggest mysteries he came face to face with.
Think about it this way - had non-wielders been capable of opening doors, I think we'd have heard of a lot more instances of it happening rather than just Xehanort and Riku - one with basically Wielding status shoved down our throat long before you even glance at any BBS material, and Riku, the originally chosen Wielder for the KK who had the KK (albeit unchosen by it) when he opened the door to DI.

On another point, they knew that the doors led to the Hearts of the Worlds and wanted to attain that power. Therefore needing to open the door to gain it. At least that's how I interpreted the first game and they're intentions. In any case, they did mention that Sora could be useful if they could manage to manipulate him as they were Riku. Couldn't that mean they intended to use one or the other to open the doors?

The Heartless could unlock the doors as well. Therefore, even while lacking Keyblades on "their side", numerous worlds were overrun by the Heartless and vanished. Riku opening the door was what summoned them, or so it seemed, but wasn't necessary for it.

As for using either Riku or Sora, seeing how the KK was originally Riku's and Maleficent did play on his jealousy issues, I'd sooner say they were trying to get Riku to snatch the Keyblade back than use Sora, as he seemed a lot more manipulatable, and a lot more reachable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back