• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's keyblade.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
We all know of the scene where riku gives kairi her very own gayblade urm i mean keyblade lol. I have a question concerning that or rather a two questions:
How did he know that kairi could wield a keyblade?
Where did he get it?
That's about it so any theories or answers.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i don't think he did. he just lend it to her. well the way kh2 made it look....

apparently the novel says he obtained it when he was thinking of home

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
But that would mean that he had two keyblades doesn't it? How can that be?

Riku still had Ansem SoD in him at that point, remember? Being a Heartless and all, that would mean Riku harbored another person's heart within him.

Allister Rose

French Lover
But that would mean that he had two keyblades doesn't it? How can that be?

sora was dual wielding. but unfortunately nomura made it clear that was kairi's keyblade . i think kairi obtaining a keyblade is the most contradicting and unnecessary thing to do in the kh story

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
sora was dual wielding. but unfortunately nomura made it clear that was kairi's keyblade . i think kairi obtaining a keyblade is the most contradicting and unnecessary thing to do in the kh story

That whole deal on being Kairi's Keyblade is iffy with me since he would've referred to it as such in the 20 mysteries solved interview instead of calling it "the Keyblade Kairi used".

Allister Rose

French Lover
also, ansem SOD wasn't in riku after COM, he just left his darkness i there, which in a sense could be called his heart too either way, it's still contradicts because if ansem SOD was able to wield keyblade, there was no need for kh1-kh2 story

kingdomkey96

also, ansem SOD wasn't in riku after COM, he just left his darkness i there, which in a sense could be called his heart too either way, it's still contradicts because if ansem SOD was able to wield keyblade, there was no need for kh1-kh2 story
exactly my point. roku chose to accept that darkness to beat roxas, he didn't become overtaken by ansem so it's two different things.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
We all know of the scene where riku gives kairi her very own gayblade urm i mean keyblade lol.

First of all, that keyblade is not badass enough to be the gayblade. Get it right, or go home.

How did he know that kairi could wield a keyblade?

It's likely that:

1. He felt it in his heart that he should hand it to her. (This series has a bunch of elements of the heart ["I know now, that Kingdom Hearts is light!" when he never saw it, for example], so he could have just felt it like someone feels someone staring at the back of their head.)
2. He thought that she could wield it as long as he did not call it back to his grasp. (Who says he knew she could use it?)

Those are all I can think of as to why he would give her what he gave her.

Where did he get it?

I have a few issues with this question:

1. He already knew how to use his own keyblade in terms of summoning it, so what's the issue about him knowing how to summon that particular keyblade? (Sure, we never see him using it afterwards, but that was only for the rest of the game. We never see him use any keyblade but the one that he uses in-game. He could have found it in his travels in the Realm of Darkness especially sense Aqua is in the Realm of Darkness, and she had that particular keyblade in BbS.)
2. Where does one get any keyblade? From a world (i.e. Sora's Decisive Pumpkin; Sora's Lady Luck) or from one's experiences with other people (i.e. Sora's Oathkeeper). Therefore, why is it strange that he has it? I would expect someone from an island that misses it very much (and doesn't expect to ever return) to have a keyblade that looks like that one.

kingdomkey96

It's likely that:
2. Where does one get any keyblade? From a world (i.e. Sora's Decisive Pumpkin; Sora's Lady Luck) or from one's experiences with other people (i.e. Sora's Oathkeeper). Therefore, why is it strange that he has it? I would expect someone from an island that misses it very much (and doesn't expect to ever return) to have a keyblade that looks like that one.
no...you get a keycahin from a world..not a keyblade. there is a bog, big difference.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
That's just what he called it, that doesn't mean it was actually hers. It's easier for him to say "Kairi's Keyblade" in an interview, knowing people will know what he's referring to than to say "Riku's Keyblade, with a keychain representing Kairi that he then lent to her for the duration of a single scene."
I wouldn't put much stock into it, especially since that interview actually has Nomura referring to Kairi's Keyblade as Riku's indirectly.

Xehanort's Heartless was very much in Riku's heart after CoM. Nomura confirmed this.

kingdomkey96

When did nomura confirm that^
i thought he said that there was still ansem SoD's darkness in his heart that would appear whenever he gave it a chance...oh wait never mind.
(yes i did actually realise that at the end of my sentence)

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Here, since I'm sure others will ask:

Tetsuya Nomura on: Kingdom Hearts

In Riku’s ending in Re:CoM, could you tell us the meaning of the scene where the King and Riku are walking together and Riku suddenly plops down.
—That’s because Riku realized he couldn’t completely get rid of the darkness inside of him. The King mentioned in Kingdom Hearts II that as [size=+3]Riku held Xehanort’s Heartless in his heart[/size], he disappeared from the King’s sight.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
no...you get a keycahin from a world..not a keyblade. there is a bog, big difference.

I never said that one gets a keyblade that way.

I said that one gets a different form for a keyblade that way. Notice that I didn't say that Sora has over a dozen keyblades, then notice that my examples are of keyblades that Sora has gotten. "A different form" = "'a keyblade' in this context"

Thanks for ignoring everything else that I said.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Master Xehanort can wield a keyblade, so it makes perfect sense that XH can wield a keyblade.

not really. if that were true, sora would have ben able to wield a keyblade in his anti form. plus it's been seen before that the keyblade can reject you

F

Forevermore

Major BBS Spoilers ahead. Aqua performed a Keyblade inheritance ceremony with Kairi in BBS, hence how she can weld the keyblade and Riku got the keyblade that he gives Kairi from the projection of Aqua he meets in the realm of darkness.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Major BBS Spoilers ahead. Aqua performed a Keyblade inheritance ceremony with Kairi in BBS, hence how she can weld the keyblade and Riku got the keyblade that he gives Kairi from the projection of Aqua he meets in the realm of darkness.

actually 'm pretty sure you made up the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back