• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Young MX and Riku

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Young Master Xehanort and Riku have several similarities.

They both want to leave Destiny Islands, they both end up becoming Keyblade wielders, they both have silver hair...

And NOW, it turns out that they both have the SAME VOICE ACTOR: David Gallagher does Young MX's only line in the game.

[video=youtube;UQWIm0j9piY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQWIm0j9piY[/video]

Skip to about 4:15.

So, what do you guys think this means? Could it be that Xehanort somehow influenced Riku and gave him that voice? idk how, but it can't be mere coincidence. As the game's tag says, "There is no coincidence in fate."

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
No yeah, it definitely does. But I simply cannot think of anything right now. Family has never been a subject in the KH universe, and I don't expect it to suddenly be now. Plus, Riku says later in the game, "a man left here many years ago," not something like "my ancestor left this island many years ago," or something along those lines. So really, I've got nothing.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The only remark I can make is that I hope Riku doesn't start smoking or lose all of his hair over the years >.>

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
No yeah, it definitely does. But I simply cannot think of anything right now. Family has never been a subject in the KH universe, and I don't expect it to suddenly be now. Plus, Riku says later in the game, "a man left here many years ago," not something like "my ancestor left this island many years ago," or something along those lines. So really, I've got nothing.

Yeah, I can't think of anything.

But this was done for a reason. And things in the KH games predict stuff in future titles.

So, I think this is related to 3D. What if, before the events of KH1, Master Xehanort started making a bond with Riku, which led to him developing that voice. It seems out of the blue, but I'm not sure what else it could be. These things are never coincidences.

The only remark I can make is that I hope Riku doesn't start smoking or lose all of his hair over the years >.>

Amen to that!

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Forget not, Grass believes in family connections and this would lean towards that subject.

Maybe the whole Terra and Eraqus thinking of each other as father and son foreshadowed this familial connection. I'm not sure how likely that is, but BBS was the first KH game to really have a family theme in addition to the friendship theme.

Awards
Forget not, Grass believes in family connections and this would lean towards that subject.

Nah. MX clearly stole Ursula's voice stealing powers, went into the future with Merlin's magic, and took Riku's voice.

In all seriousness, I don't think a theory really needs to be made on this. People have already speculated that MX and Riku have a familial relation, and I'm totally open to the idea that he's his, say, grandfather.
But having the same voice doesn't have to be a connection in that sense either, they could be doing it simply for the sake of showing that Riku was like MX in many ways, and was fated to follow a similar path (at least initially). Could go either way.

I do believe family could become important, you're right. Remains to be seen, though.

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
Nah. MX clearly stole Ursula's voice stealing powers, went into the future with Merlin's magic, and took Riku's voice.

In all seriousness, I don't think a theory really needs to be made on this. People have already speculated that MX and Riku have a familial relation, and I'm totally open to the idea that he's his, say, grandfather.
But having the same voice doesn't have to be a connection in that sense either, they could be doing it simply for the sake of showing that Riku was like MX in many ways, and was fated to follow a similar path (at least initially). Could go either way.

I do believe family could become important, you're right. Remains to be seen, though.

Family ... Friendship ... Love ... Are these what Nomura's KH Universe is all about?

Yeah here's what I can see happening: After Sora frees MX and Terra's hearts MX is shunned by everyone, and lastly goes to Riku who is as everyone else, cold. (maybe even more so) As Riku begins to walk away MX asks;
MX: Now Riku, is that any way to talk to your own grandfather?

Awards
Even prior to knowing that Young MX is voiced by David Gallagher, I have been considering the possibility that Riku is one of those in which MX planted a "seed."

Though that does bring up the question of why it would have affected Riku differently. Braig and (presumably) Isa gained yellow eyes, and they certainly didn't sound like young MX. However, it does go to show how Riku, once filled with light, could have walked down a dark path. Succumbing to Xehanort's Heartless was inevitable.

And after just watching the English secret ending (YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep English - Secret Ending [HD]), it does lend some credence to the idea.
MX says, "You are one of many roads I may take. Trust me. I made certain of that."
So, basically, he was keeping his options open as to who he should take over, should he need another body.
And technically (or at least vicariously) he does just that with Riku- through Xehanort's Heartless.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Even prior to knowing that Young MX is voiced by David Gallagher, I have been considering the possibility that Riku is one of those in which MX planted a "seed."

Though that does bring up the question of why it would have affected Riku differently. Braig and (presumably) Isa gained yellow eyes, and they certainly didn't sound like young MX. However, it does go to show how Riku, once filled with light, could have walked down a dark path. Succumbing to Xehanort's Heartless was inevitable.

And after just watching the English secret ending (YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep English - Secret Ending [HD]), it does lend some credence to the idea.
MX says, "You are one of many roads I may take. Trust me. I made certain of that."
So, basically, he was keeping his options open as to who he should take over, should he need another body.
And technically (or at least vicariously) he does just that with Riku- through Xehanort's Heartless.

I have a feeling he made some connection with Riku. I'm not sure what, but definitely something. Having the same voice definitely means something.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
After also watching the secret ending, I once again agree with Grass. It's basically made obvious now that, somehow, Xehanort has split his being to rest in several others. Or similarly, found a way to return from just a simple connection. Perhaps Ven will return in a similar fashion?

Ven probably can. This is a fantasy game. New concepts can be added as the story progresses.

Ryune

After also watching the secret ending, I once again agree with Grass. It's basically made obvious now that, somehow, Xehanort has split his being to rest in several others. Or similarly, found a way to return from just a simple connection. Perhaps Ven will return in a similar fashion?

So what, he's voldemort now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back