• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Sora and Riku to See Clothing Changes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
is it just me or do Xemnas and Ansem SoD look like ghosts? look at them they are like see threw O_O

tri-blade

It sounds as though that they will get back to the KH2 outfits halfway through. The need for new clothes doesn't happen until the numbered Kingdom Hearts.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Gosh people, calm down, there's no indication of any new clothing.
Nomura only contemplates to show Sora and Riku in their current clothes (meaning KH II-outfits) in the first quarter of the game or so to actually show the slow/dumb ones that 3D isn't a remake but a continuation of Re:Coded leading into KH 3.

It's apparently necessary for them to use the overused KH 1-outfits, yet there are chances now we'll also see their KH II ones.
There's no single word or hint that they will gain a complete new set of clothes...
<3
I thought that's what the article was suggesting but then everyone was like, "omg, new outfits!" And I was thinking, "whaaaat? D:"

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
<3
I thought that's what the article was suggesting but then everyone was like, "omg, new outfits!" And I was thinking, "whaaaat? D:"

Seems to be a classical case of either wishful thinking or jumping to conclusions to me...lol.

And then there will be later on complaints again when they get no new outfits..."but Nomura said, that...", no, Nomura didn't, Nomura is just thinking if he perhaps will include their current outfits too.

Honestly I don't even see the need why they should get/need completely new outfits at all, even in KH III...there isn't such a big time gap this time like there was between KH CoM and KH II, not to mention their current outfits have only been used once yet (I don't count Blank points, sorry).

Just because some people freak out because Sora has many zippers on his outfit or Riku shows his bellybutton a bit?
Geez...I really wonder why people make a fuss of such insignificant details...*sigh*.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Seems to be a classical case of either wishful thinking or jumping to conclusions to me...lol.

And then there will be later on complaints again when they get no new outfits..."but Nomura said, that...", no, Nomura didn't, Nomura is just thinking if he perhaps will include their current outfits too.

Honestly I don't even see the need why they should get/need completely new outfits at all, even in KH III...there isn't such a big time gap this time like there was between KH CoM and KH II, not to mention their current outfits have only been used once yet (I don't count Blank points, sorry).

Just because some people freak out because Sora has many zippers on his outfit or Riku shows his bellybutton a bit?
Geez...I really wonder why people make a fuss of such insignificant details...*sigh*.
I hope no one complains if there isn't a change. -_-

Riku's bellybutton bothers me significantly less than having to play another game with the KH1 incarnation of Sora.

Honestly, I agree with you; I see no need for an outfit change in KH3. I'm hoping there is no change either, considering that 3D is supposed to lead directly into KH3. A change in the new saga will be fine but I'd like for the KH2 designs to see a couple of games before they're scrapped.

ICECOOL113

1st of all I don't really like the gummi ships but I guess I'm ok with it being in the newest games.
2nd I just want to point out that I would really love to see some sort of "final" golden outfit like you see in the end of some FF games (may be wrong but still)
To explain further here's an example:
Sora:Keyblade!....blah blah blah
*Transform*
*Sora is now in a gold/white outfit*

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
1st of all I don't really like the gummi ships but I guess I'm ok with it being in the newest games.
2nd I just want to point out that I would really love to see some sort of "final" golden outfit like you see in the end of some FF games (may be wrong but still)
To explain further here's an example:
Sora:Keyblade!....blah blah blah
*Transform*
*Sora is now in a gold/white outfit*
images.jpg

J

jmason

Well IF they do switch clothes what about Riku's keyblade or does that not matter because when there in Kh1 clothes its not reality

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Well IF they do switch clothes what about Riku's keyblade or does that not matter because when there in Kh1 clothes its not reality
If we see Riku's keyblade while he's in his KH2 attire it'll be the WtD instead of the SE.

OK not what I meant but I see what you mean. What I meant was like at the end of the GAME we see like a royal kind of outfit. Or maybe just a heartless and nobody combined outfit!
I'm sure the Drive Forms are the closest you'll ever get to seeing that.

Also, what? A Heartless/Nobody outfit...? Whaaaaaat? I don't even know how to imagine that.

Crystal

Silver Member
Gosh people, calm down, there's no indication of any new clothing.
Nomura only contemplates to show Sora and Riku in their current clothes (meaning KH II-outfits) in the first quarter of the game or so to actually show the slow/dumb ones that 3D isn't a remake but a continuation of Re:Coded leading into KH 3.

It's apparently necessary for them to use the overused KH 1-outfits, yet there are chances now we'll also see their KH II ones.
There's no single word or hint that they will gain a complete new set of clothes...

I'm agree :O KH2's outfits will be fine for me
I'm not really like Sora's KH1 outfit as he looks like wearing a big yellow boots but a small leg. That's looks weird for me D:

MisuzuKamio

I actually really like the KH1 outfits...they make me nostalgic in a way.

However, I agree with what seems like the majority and am glad that we are getting the KH2 outfits for part of the game. It wouldn't really make sense to just jump into some kind of random out-of-nowhere dream sequence anyway without having some sort of context. Therefore, it seems almost obvious there will be at least part of the game with them wearing kh2 duds.

Personally though? I think Riku's KH2 outfit is kind of like a miss-matched pile of random 90's-esque fashion statements slapped together haphazardly.

As far as armor goes...

1) Using current knowledge Sora and Riku don't really NEED armor per say...since they aren't using Keyblade Gliders to get around places and don't need the protection against darkness in the lanes between. There is no reason to assume that the Gummi Ships have been rendered useless, so I doubt they are going to get armor for this reason. HOWEVER...

2) In BBS, notably, TAV used their armor in the fight against MX. Clearly there was no world travel happening here so I can only assume that the armor (obviously) is armor. It DOES function as defense for battles (instead of just being like fancy clothes: aka Organization Coat).

There isn't really any reason as to why TAV use their armor in this battle, specifically. (Other than the realistic reason that it was just copying the secret ending) So I like to think that maybe, just MAYBE, Sora and Riku could be given armor if, for some reason, they need to use it for fighting practicality.

For example, if the armor protects the wearer from the effects of darkness, it is entirely possible that in the future of the series the both of them might need to enter somewhere that is very tainted or close to the darkness. It might be a good idea to have the armor there.
Besides, Sora already had a little bit of metal plate-esque things on his shoulders so it isn't too far fetched!!

*really hoping they get armor* (._.)'

DanX

The only game where it bothered me I was in Sora's KH1 clothes was re:coded really probably when I realised it was kind of lazy, and for some reason I don't wanna play as Sora in KH2 outfit again lol dunno why, I just always imagine KH3 with Sora running around in HD in a new outfit on ps3 (random) xD.

Crystal

Silver Member
In KH3D, maybe just either kh1 or KH2's outfit.
I would like to see a new outfit for KH3 anyway.. xD

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Well, I was thinking of this for a while. Maybe we'll see them in new clothes, because if you watched the secret movie in BBS, Ansem the wise said he saw them a year ago. So maybe its a year later? (I mean BBS, not BBS FM.) and Like maybe before KH3D or after it. So maybe we'll see them in new clothes at the end of 3D, for KH3.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I'm agree :O KH2's outfits will be fine for me
I'm not really like Sora's KH1 outfit as he looks like wearing a big yellow boots but a small leg. That's looks weird for me D:

Well, the reason why there's different outifts, is to show how they grown. How different they look. Sora's KH1 clothes gives like a air of innocence, a child starting a journey. While on the journey, he grows. Mentally and physically. So because of that, Nomura tries to show how he's grown into a mature young man in KH2, more darker clothes.

So if for some reason, the game is later in the year... maybe a year later, it's gonna show it. Not by staying in the same clothes, but at least a difference to see their development.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I don't think KH3D will be having new outfit. KH3, perhaps :)

that's what I think, but you'll never know. We know Nomura, he keeps teasing us and teasing us until we'll get so pissed off we want to go to Tokyo and go yell at him, "GIVE US THE DETAILS ALREADY!"

Of course, some of us do want to do that... sometimes. >.>

Crystal

Silver Member
that's what I think, but you'll never know. We know Nomura, he keeps teasing us and teasing us until we'll get so pissed off we want to go to Tokyo and go yell at him, "GIVE US THE DETAILS ALREADY!"

Of course, some of us do want to do that... sometimes. >.>

The "plot-twisted" really pissed me off actually xD
Especially what he talking about the secret episode in KH BBS FM.

Anyway, i hope Sora and Riku getting an armor for the next game, not KH3D.
It will be cool , travel by armor but not gummi ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back