• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D footage shown at October 21 event

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
アイスブレイカー=Icebreaker you read it wrong
スライドダイブ=Sliding Dash
ショックダイブ= Shock Dive (I believe this move was in re:coded?)
ターンカッター= Turn cutter (probably gonna be renamed in the NA version)

Oh thanks. I completely forgot about the fu/bu/pu. I thought it was a ko/go. So far there's...

たたかう = Attack
エリアルスラム = Aerial Slam
アイスブレイカー = Ice Breaker
ターンカッター = Turn Cutter
スライドダイブ = Sliding Dive/Dash
ショックダイブ = Shock Dive
クアルラ = Cura

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Shock dive :D.I love that command. I hope they put the one where you throw three keyblades in.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Shock dive :D.I love that command. I hope they put the one where you throw three keyblades in.

Oh Judgement Triad right? It looks like a more advanced form of Strike Raid.

[video=youtube;C4RnuQOoa9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4RnuQOoa9w[/video]

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh Judgement Triad right? It looks like a more advanced form of Strike Raid.

[video=youtube;C4RnuQOoa9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4RnuQOoa9w[/video]
Urg, one of them. Judgement Triad sounds more like it though.

snow_flake40

Awards
Yup. Strike Raid is one Keyblade, Judgement Triad is three. I think Strike Raid is pretty much a guarantee to return, seeing as it's been in KHI, CoM, KHII:FM, BBS and Re:coded. I insanely hope that we haven't seen the last of Judgement Triad either. That command was epic, it has to be said. Chain Rave, Gravity Drop and Shock Fall would all make excellent additions to DDD as well. I wonder how many commands Sora and Riku will have in common and how many will be completely unique...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yup. Strike Raid is one Keyblade, Judgement Triad is three. I think Strike Raid is pretty much a guarantee to return, seeing as it's been in KHI, CoM, KHII:FM, BBS and Re:coded. I insanely hope that we haven't seen the last of Judgement Triad either. That command was epic, it has to be said. Chain Rave, Gravity Drop and Shock Fall would all make excellent additions to DDD as well. I wonder how many commands Sora and Riku will have in common and how many will be completely unique...

Oh Chain Rave...how uber you were xP

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So, you preferred button mashing to doing special attacks that gave you more freedom?

I'm sure that command system will be back.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Kingdom hearts was a button masher, it was simple to pick up and play, but man, when they aded the △ command in kh2, that REALLY threw me off.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So, you preferred button mashing to doing special attacks that gave you more freedom?

I'm sure that command system will be back.

KH1 and KH2 battle sytem is clearly inferior to the BBS/Re: Coded system in my view.
The latter allows way more variety and tactical approach.

For DDD it looks like it already has, lol, although I remember reading somewhere that KH III might have something similar to FF Versus XIII...*shrugs*

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
KH1 and KH2 battle sytem is clearly inferior to the BBS/Re: Coded system in my view.
And I agree. Unless you were uncoordinated and had troubles pressing the triangle button, BBS/Re:Coded is the best battle system for the series. Any improvements will only concrete it's supremacy.

For DDD it looks like it already has, lol, although I remember reading somewhere that KH III might have something similar to FF Versus XIII...*shrugs*
They might as well go back to basics for the big one, though I hope they do something special.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
And I agree. Unless you were uncoordinated and had troubles pressing the triangle button, BBS/Re:Coded is the best battle system for the series. Any improvements will only concrete it's supremacy.

They might as well go back to basics for the big one, though I hope they do something special.

Absolutely, when you are quick enough with your fingers you can chain combos together with command deck-attacks that would be simply impossible to do with the KH1/KH2-system. The old system also entices one to button mash way more than command deck.
Many people loath the card-system of CoM, yet one shall also not forget it was the prototype for our best variation we have today.

They could actually combine parts of the basic system with the commands on the big one since you have more buttons on PS3, there could be more than one shortcut again and possibly more than 8 deck-slots total.
Items i.e. could be handled separately from the deck commands...and what I really would want to see is a full fledged party system, like i.e that you aren't stuck with Donald and Goofy all the time, but are freely able to switch in other allies like i.e. Mickey and Riku...and later on possibly Aqua and also the other tormented ones after you save them.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Absolutely, when you are quick enough with your fingers you can chain combos together with command deck-attacks that would be simply impossible to do with the KH1/KH2-system. The old system also entices one to button mash way more than command deck.
Many people loath the card-system of CoM, yet one shall also not forget it was the prototype for our best variation we have today.
The amount of combinations were amazing.

They could actually combine parts of the basic system with the commands on the big one since you have more buttons on PS3, there could be more than one shortcut again and possibly more than 8 deck-slots total.
Items i.e. could be handled separately from the deck commands...and what I really would want to see is a full fledged party system, like i.e that you aren't stuck with Donald and Goofy all the time, but are freely able to switch in other allies like i.e. Mickey and Riku...and later on possibly Aqua and also the other tormented ones after you save them.
I think maybe L2 and R2 could be used to go through the deck.

Megavoltage

Awards
and what I really would want to see is a full fledged party system, like i.e that you aren't stuck with Donald and Goofy all the time, but are freely able to switch in other allies like i.e. Mickey and Riku...and later on possibly Aqua and also the other tormented ones after you save them.
That sounds pretty cool. The trio I'd love to have is Sora, Riku and Aqua.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

You do realize some things in DDD was based off of FFXIII Versus gameplay right? The way I see it it probably will since both games are expected to use the same engine;however people seem to like the deck commands and thus Nomura will keep them and combine both to meet in the middle. I imagine KH3 will be DDD plus more Versus elements. I wonder if they combined RE:coded board with BBS command board although I liked BBS command board better beccause it added more gameplay value

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The things in DDD are things that either couldn't work in Verses or couldn't be added.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You do realize some things in DDD was based off of FFXIII Versus gameplay right? The way I see it it probably will since both games are expected to use the same engine;however people seem to like the deck commands and thus Nomura will keep them and combine both to meet in the middle. I imagine KH3 will be DDD plus more Versus elements. I wonder if they combined RE:coded board with BBS command board although I liked BBS command board better beccause it added more gameplay value

Ah, so that was it.
Well, the deck command system introduced with BBS is the best up to now, so Nomura and co. are likely to keep elements from that and mix it together with new things.
Put in some things from Versus for good measure as well. It's actually one of the reasons why I still "forgive" them with taking so long with Versus...the experience they gain now with this may be put to good use with KH III.

With "Command board" you mean the "Stat Matrix" from Re: Coded and the "Monopoly" of BBS, or am I misguided here?
To be honest, I liked the BBS-Command board quite a bit and with a bigger system that could be expanded into a full fledged, funny board game with more players added like the Itadaki special or how that japanese only thing is called. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back