• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

Well, more delay of the trailer. My apologies for being unclear. I seem to have a problem with being clear lately.
They wouldn't delay the trailer. They've no doubt found someone.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Well, more delay of the trailer. My apologies for being unclear. I seem to have a problem with being clear lately.

Keep in mind that HoND was revealed almost a year ago. Clearly they've found someone by now.

Grey

:3

Maybe we should find a way to contact Jesse David Corti about the possibility of him voicing Neku?

I thought Neku's English voice sucked extremely, so I personally wouldn't mind it if someone else voiced him. Every other WEWY voice should return, though.

I hope Hayden Panettiere reprises her role as Kairi. I hate hearing Alyson Stoner as Kairi, and I love Panettiere.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I thought Neku's English voice sucked extremely, so I personally wouldn't mind it if someone else voiced him. Every other WEWY voice should return, though.

I hope Hayden Panettiere reprises her role as Kairi. I hate hearing Alyson Stoner as Kairi, and I love Panettiere.

Well, Jesse David Corti has the Disney connection via his father, Jesse Corti (he was Lafou in Beauty and the Beast), so I fully expect Jesse David Corti to reprise his role. I suppose that is a sad point for you, but most of us liked his voice.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

^
agreed, he did a good job from what I've heard..he didn't have too many lines in twewy though.

Grey

Well, Jesse David Corti has the Disney connection via his father, Jesse Corti (he was Lafou in Beauty and the Beast), so I fully expect Jesse David Corti to reprise his role. I suppose that is a sad point for you, but most of us liked his voice.

Indeed, it is. Not that I really expected him to not reprise his role.

I'm curious as to why most of you liked his voice, considering that what little we heard sounded so... bad. I mean, the grunts and groans were fine, but the spoken lines were just terrible.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It is a pretty subjective thing, don't you think? I liked him because I thought he did fit. Corti's intonation, and the attitude he put into his voice really fit Neku.

GoodXion

so does anyone know is Neku's english voice actor will reprise his role? or have any idea when we should expect a english trailer for KH3D? thanks.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

so does anyone know is Neku's english voice actor will reprise his role? or have any idea when we should expect a english trailer for KH3D? thanks.

The NA and EUR teaser sites simply say "Localized trailer coming soon." And there's a high possibility that he will reprise his role, but as you can see from the posts just above yours, we don't have a confirmation yet.

blank points

Awards

Hey everybody, I was browsing around on Facebook, and I saw this post from Richad Epcar. (For whatever reason, imgur kept acting up on me when I tried to post the picture, it came out like this. Looks like I will just have to fight it's free will to get proper pictures up.)

Richard Epcar

Just worked on a Big Game today!

LikeUnlike · · ·

But anyway, what do you think? Do you suppose this "big game" is DDD, or something else? If I remember correctly, he said he was working on a new project awhile back, but I was curious.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Him being a high profiled voice actor, it could be anything really.

Rexy

Bronze Member

well we know Neku Sakuraba's english VA right? do you think that he could tell something about if he is working on some game or something like that...

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

But anyway, what do you think? Do you suppose this "big game" is DDD, or something else? If I remember correctly, he said he was working on a new project awhile back, but I was curious.
On the one hand, that's really exciting and cool. Could be.
On the other hand...why would he do that?? There is no possible way we could know which game he's talking about for certain. He is such a tease. D:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

well we know Neku Sakuraba's english VA right? do you think that he could tell something about if he is working on some game or something like that...
Probably not. I think Ethy said he doesn't use his twitter or something.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah, unless he has another one, his twitter is extremely dead.

Also, we can't ask Richard what he is working on since they have NDAs and whatnot. Like Chaser said, he is a high profile voice actor. It can be any game. We can just keep an eye out for an English DDD trailer, though :3 That'd confirm any suspicions.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Yeah, unless he has another one, his twitter is extremely dead.
Considering Corti hasn't done anything much since TWEWY, I imagine he wouldn't have a lot to Twitter about, professionally speaking. It's possible he has a separate one he uses for more personal interactions or perhaps he doesn't use Twitter for that at all.

Also, we can't ask Richard what he is working on since they have NDAs and whatnot. Like Chaser said, he is a high profile voice actor. It can be any game. We can just keep an eye out for an English DDD trailer, though :3 That'd confirm any suspicions.
Which is why I don't understand why he would post something like that. A lower profile voice actor would be an easier guess, but with Epcar it's a shot in the dark. Oh, the humanity. ><

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Considering Corti hasn't done anything much since TWEWY, I imagine he wouldn't have a lot to Twitter about, professionally speaking. It's possible he has a separate one he uses for more personal interactions or perhaps he doesn't use Twitter for that at all.

I can get why he might not even have one. I don't even use my twitter accounts. xD

Which is why I don't understand why he would post something like that. A lower profile voice actor would be an easier guess, but with Epcar it's a shot in the dark. Oh, the humanity. ><

I think he may be excited. It probably gets frustrating to voice something but can't say anything about it. :x

I agree though...why! He's torturing all of his fans D:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

We can just keep an eye out for an English DDD trailer, though :3 That'd confirm any suspicions.
Come to think of it, do any of Epcar's roles in the series even have lines in the DDD trailer? Terra-Nort doesn't appear and Ansem SoD only stands there and looks menacing with a sword in his hand, if I remember correctly.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Come to think of it, do any of Epcar's roles in the series even have lines in the DDD trailer? Terra-Nort doesn't appear and Ansem SoD only stands there and looks menacing with a sword in his hand, if I remember correctly.

If SE & Disney aren't trying to be cheap and uses Epcar to be young MX (which I doubt. they'd hire a new person for a "new" role or use Galllagher again), then no. An English trailer would still tell us that they are working on the voice work, though. That would make it more likely that any of his recent posts on games could be related to DDD.

Back