• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Bleach - Thousand Year Blood War

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Re: Bleach - It's actually ending in less than 6 chapters

Hey, I never said it was perfect!

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

is it the light side because the amount of new chapters is light??

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Apparently there are rumors going around that this really isn't the end. That Kubo and SJ are just stating that Volume 74 is the end in order to boost sales and get more people to read it.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Apparently there are rumors going around that this really isn't the end. That Kubo and SJ are just stating that Volume 74 is the end in order to boost sales and get more people to read it.
Isn't that called false advertising? I thought that was illegal.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

LOL

Isn't that called false advertising? I thought that was illegal.

Maybe in the United States lol

Jump could easily go "oh hey due to popular demand we will extend the end with 10 more chapters"

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

If that did happen and this was all just one big troll on SJ's part, I'd be pretty upset. Don't backtrack now that you already stated this is the end

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I wouldn't be surprised if they are lying about it ending. Either by "Due to popular demand we'll drag it ou-I mean add another two volumes worth of chapters." Or pull a Naruto and do a "new" series taking place so many years later and oh everyone has kids because sure of course they do.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

I'd actually be surprised if it is just false advertisement- I think it's just the few remaining Bleach fans out there struggling to realize that Kubo might have finally gotten axed off by Shonen Jump. Seriously, a good number of the posts I've seen over at a certain Bleach forum that will not be named all seemed to be in the Denial stage of Grief. Plenty of folks over there seem to think that Kubo is entitled to special privileges just because he used​ to be popular.

I haven't kept up with the magazine in ages, but apparently they've been forcing other more popular manga series to end sooner than originally planned lately (like Toriko). If that's true, there's really no reason why they would give Kubo slack when he's been taking his sweet time on the "final arc" for over four years now.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Just realized that if it was twenty chapters instead of five or six, Bleach could have ended on 700 like Naruto. That would have been quite fitting

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Where are these rumours coming from and how much merit is there to them?
Mostly from Bleachs fans who are in the denial stage of grief as Theart pointed out. They are on Bleach forums and other anime fansites. Though I suppose Bleach ending so suddenly with so many plot points remaining would be hard for any fan to swallow

Theart

Awards

Mostly from Bleachs fans who are in the denial stage of grief as Theart pointed out. They are on Bleach forums and other anime fansites. Though I suppose Bleach ending so suddenly with so many plot points remaining would be hard for any fan to swallow

The only bit of wiggle room I can think of is that we don't know exactly how many more chapters there are left, only that Volume 74 is going to be the last entry in the series and it's already six chapters into the normal eleven or so chapters that are released each volume. My guess is that means we're probably getting five or six more chapters, but I suppose it could hypothetically go up to seven or eight. However some folks pointed out at other forums that six weeks from now would be the anniversary of Bleach's debut, so I'm thinking it might end there.

Not to mention, there's also the possibility that one or two of these final chapters might be an extended length. At the very least, I think there's a decent shot that the final chapter or epilogue will probably be a bit longer than normal.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

There is no feasible way Kubo could hope to end this series cleanly with even twenty seeing how some chapters the dialogue and elapsed time can equate to a sneeze. It just needs to be put to bed. Bleach now and Bleach all those years ago are practically two completely different series.

Theart

Awards

There is no feasible way Kubo could hope to end this series cleanly with even twenty seeing how some chapters the dialogue and elapsed time can equate to a sneeze. It just needs to be put to bed. Bleach now and Bleach all those years ago are practically two completely different series.

And apparently, according to former SJ mangakas, Kubo had to have known about when Bleach was ending at least six months ago, if not a full year. Apparently procedure there is that SJ folks and the mangaka will talk about ending a manga a year before the final chapter is released, but if SJ decides to flat-out axe off a series, they inform the mangaka that they have six months left to wrap things up.

So if this is indeed the end (and I think it most likely is), Kubo has known for ages and he still chose to waste time with unnecessary fights and fan-service for the side-characters.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

What if Kubo ends on a cliffhanger to spite everyone?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It just needs to end with Ichigo absorbing all of the pieces of the Soul King and just resets reality in a world without supernaturals.

Back