• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2nd Amendment: Right to Arms.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Pro-gun? No gun?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
In a situation where the people would overthrow the government, who knows what sources the militia might have, what support from foreign governments, and how do you suppose to know whether the despotic government would even have the support of the military personnel?

No one ever claimed revolution was simple, but you can't assume to know the circumstances.

Also, in the safe at my father's house is a commissioned military grade long range rifle. .375 caliber with infrared and night vision lens, optimal capacity of up to 1.75 miles. It would do just fine against an M16 toting soldier.

Alaude Drenxta

State government is government as well. If your governor isn't acting right, and has bound him/herself against the rule of law, even he/she can be deposed.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
What about black germans?

I heard a rumor there might be one or two.

That rumor is unsubstantiated and far removed from the truth. As a genuine germanologist (a specific field of SCIENCE) I can vouch for that, as in no trip to said neighbouring country, I've encountered anything other than white Germans and Germanic Jews (not to be confused with German Jews).

But no, in all seriousness, I never saw the point in guns. Knives are so much prettier anyway. And I've always been more of a fan of beat'em ups than point and click.

Alaude Drenxta

Stereotypes like him? o.o

Muffinman is a white supremacist?
Dude, can I see your cloak? Aside from the whole...racial genocide thing, KKK cloaks are pretty bitchin.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Then every illegal substance should be legal. Well if people are still gonna get them, why effing bother?

There is usually a benifit to making bad things illegal. In this case, the majority of people who are going to be dangerous with a gun are the ones who wont be affected if the law changes.
It is different to other situations because you are taking away the protection of innocent people, while not actually doing anything to the ones you are trying to hurt.

It is like banning food in an village in the hopes of killing the bad people who live within but the bad people have an outside source of food. So, all you are doing is hurting the good people.

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
I believe that we should have the right to own guns. I don't think that having higher restrictions on guns is going to stop any crazy person who wants one from getting one illegally. We as people of the United States have the right to bear arms for our own protection. With all the robberies, murders and home invasions happening in our time, I believe we should have guns to protect ourselves. In places such as New York and Chicago where it is the hardest to get guns; they have some of the highest crime rates in America. But yet, in states like Texas, Arizona and Florida where it is very easy to get a gun they have very low crime rates. Especially when it comes to home invasions and robberies.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I stand behind the whole 'bad people would still find means to obtain them' argument, so I'd have to say I'm for the 2nd amendment. If possessing a gun were made illegal, bad people who want to use guns as a means of murder will still likely find or own one. Whilst the 'good people' who're law-abiding will now have lost their protection in the case of life threatening situations. Assuming, of course, they're law-abiding.

Alaude Drenxta

I actually do agree with this statement. We're talking about drugs, right? Then yes.

Seconded. Except meth. Meth makes people ugly.

Now, I'll admit that the whole "people bad will still have guns" argument is very worn out and extremely rationalized to fit the cause, but I don't think it makes it any less relevant. Although, I'll admit this, it WILL be harder for them to get guns, and if they were banned on the entire continent, it would be extremely difficult to get them, but nonetheless, still plausible.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
There really is no other way around it besides going back into the past and somehow preventing the mass circulation of gun movement, however, that is impossible... And since that's impossible, taking guns from the people who need them most probably isn't going to yield to positive results.

Marly

Awards
Seconded. Except meth. Meth makes people ugly.

Now, I'll admit that the whole "people bad will still have guns" argument is very worn out and extremely rationalized to fit the cause, but I don't think it makes it any less relevant. Although, I'll admit this, it WILL be harder for them to get guns, and if they were banned on the entire continent, it would be extremely difficult to get them, but nonetheless, still plausible.

Except, it won't. Think of how many people have guns already? Guns aren't consumable like drugs, so even if they were made illegal, they wouldn't gradually disappear through use, sure, bullets would, but people don't, presumably, go through bullets like they do drugs. And there's bound to be tons more people will ammunition lying around than drugs. Not to mention, there's no way the nation could round up every gun owner in the country and collect their guns and ammunition.

Sure, it would be harder, but not enough to make any sort of impact.

Alaude Drenxta

Guns are absolutely consumable. They break down and jam quite often, depending on the frequency of use.

Commonly used firearms have to be checked, cleaned, and repaired routinely, and most people who own a gun and care about how to properly use one will practice with it.

Marly

Awards
Guns are absolutely consumable. They break down and jam quite often, depending on the frequency of use.

That's true. However, in comparison to drugs, there's quite a time difference. Not to mention quantity difference. So in that time span, channels of convenient ways of obtaining firearms will have opened up.

Commonly used firearms have to be checked, cleaned, and repaired routinely, and most people who own a gun and care about how to properly use one will practice with it.

Chances are that the people who have their firearms routinely checked, cleaned, and repaired by people other than themselves are not the people who are using those firearms in quick homicides.

Alaude Drenxta

Unless I got the wrong impression about what Sam said, I believe I was agreeing that drugs should be legalized, not that they are in the same category as guns. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back