• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► A Little Taste of Life

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
My! I suppose it is a good thing indeed I decided to check the furoms today! Good to see you again Anonymous-kun, I shall try to review as soon as possible.

xD It appears you are as bad as me when it comes to updating fanfics... I believe in August it shall be a year since I updated one...? I do not recall truthfully.

Hmmm... soccer takes up quite a bit of your time, doesn't it? I hope you enjoy it very much so then....

Sadly, that is just me being worried though. I suppose I shall blame that on my little brother... but cha!

xD I shall add your fic to my links if I have not already done so then.

~Taokitty~

PS How's life been for these past months?

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
TAO!!!! =DDDDDDD

We never did get around to emailing did we?
Anyway, great to see you!!!

Life's been very good these past few months (except for a few moments of.... bad-stuff, but other than that its been good)
Soccer is actually a big part of my life.....
As is swimming..... (umm.... if it means anything to anyone, I do a 24 on my 50 free XDDDD)

Well, I'm guessing I'll be able to get the next update by tonight =D
So, just wait a few hours =D

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Chapter 7: The Run
Part 2: Warming Up

Axel had long ago left the strange passageway where he had once vanished from existence, and was now walking up the stairs of the tower of Twilight Town. After walking through the only dark portal leading out of the between, he had found himself in the lab he knew far too well, and he had intention of staying- it was far too depressing. He had quickly activated the machine to bring him back into reality, and once he was a part of the actual world, he had teleported himself to his desired destination.

Being back in the lab had brought back a few memories for Axel. There had still been burn marks from when he fought Roxas, and the machines were all still destroyed. He had tried as hard as possible to ignore this, but he was really only trying to delude himself.
And now, as he climbed step after step up the creaky wooden stairs, Axel wondered, “What am I doing here? If just those little things were that nasty to see, then… the tower…” His thoughts trailed off, and he mindlessly went on his way.

Axel was now so high up in the tower that he could hear the massive clock ticking, but he took no notice. After a few more minutes of walking, Axel finally came to the familiar wooden door that led to the balcony, and he opened it soundlessly. Twilight exploded through the door frame into the dark stairwell, and Axel lazily lifted a hand to shield his eyes. He walked out onto the stone terrace, and almost automatically found himself swinging his legs over the marble ledge.

And there he sat, staring listlessly at the golden town, no longer truly aware of his surroundings. His mind was elsewhere- he was thinking back to that fateful day in the lab, and those few words he had said to Roxas.
“Let’s meet again, in the next life,” Axel whispered to himself with a smile.

“No can do buddy,” answered a rough voice.

A soft ping noise echoed from somewhere in front of him, and Axel nearly fell off the ledge as he scrambled roughly back onto the terrace. “What the hell-” Axel scrambled onto his feet, and discovered an overtly bizarre sight waiting for him. Where he had been sitting, there was a jagged, glowing purple shard of what appeared to be glass wedged into the marble, but that was the smaller of the two oddities. Axel was dumbstruck when he looked further.

About twenty yards away from the balcony, suspended in midair was a man hanging upside down. He was wearing an organization coat, but it seemed unaffected by the shift in gravity. In the man’s hands were strange, crossbow-like guns that were loaded with shards identical to the one shot at Axel. The man had an eye patch across his right eye, and directly underneath his left one was a deep, pink scar that stretched down to his under-chin. He had a long black ponytail that was streaked with grays, but it too defied gravity. His eerily yellow eye was focused on Axel, and his lips were curled into a playful grin.

“Surprised to see me Axel? I guess you really are just as predictable as Xemnas thinks. I mean seriously- the tower? You must’ve realized it’s the most obvious place to go,” taunted the man.
Axel, whose mouth was still dangling, quickly regained his composure, and gave an equally daunting grin. “It’s not so much that I’m surprised to see you Xigbar,” retorted Axel, “I’m just a little insulted that Xemnas couldn’t pay me a personal visit. Apparently I’m not even as important as Marluxia now am I?”
Xigbar closed his eye and gave a shrug, “Apparently not.” He reopened his eye and folded his arms. His eye narrowed and suddenly his raspy voice took a harsher tone, “Now Axel, are you gonna show me a good time here, or what?”

Axel’s mind was racing. There was a slight chance he could defeat Xigbar, but it was a chance he was not willing to take- not yet. But what other option was there- Flee? To where?
Or… Axel’s manipulative nature took over, and suddenly he knew exactly what to do.

“Why Xigbar, I’m flattered, but I don’t exactly go that way,” said Axel in heavier tone. Xigbar let out a chuckle, but it died quickly at Axel’s next comment. Axel folded his arms and smiled. “Still- I know someone who might be interested in ya- he’s about a quarter of your age and if I do say so myself, he’s quite a catch. Perhaps you’ve met him before- does the name ‘Riku’ ring any bells?”
Xigbar’s eyebrows were raised in question and in anger- what was Axel going on about?

“But,” said Axel, his voice lowering, “If you’re really interested, you’d better be prepared to fight for him… I happen to recall Larxene’s (Xigbar’s eyes widened at the name) interested in him too.”

Xigbar was dumbstruck, and Axel knew the situation was now under his control. The moment after he was done speaking, Axel leapt into action. He hurled himself over the balcony’s edge, and came soaring into Xigbar in a fiery collision. Xigbar was completely unprepared for the attack, and found himself falling down (or up) towards the streets below, the hem of his jacket still alit with flames.

Axel had teleported himself back to the balcony’s edge, and he called down, “Hurry now! Your princess is waiting in her castle!”
With the wave of his hand, a dark gateway erupted on the street below Xigbar, and he fell into it without a fight. The portal then evaporated soundlessly, and Axel was once again alone atop the tower.

Axel, without a particular destination in mind, created a dark portal directly in front of him. He didn’t care where it would take him- anywhere was better than here. Besides, he was positive the Organization would soon find out he was here, and he had no intention of waiting around for any more members to arrive. Axel walked into the ellipse without hesitation.

:|:|:|:|:|:|:​

Another dark corridor blossomed into life in the audience chamber of Disney Castle about four feet above the floor. Xigbar came hurtling out of it and smashed roughly in to the tiled floor, without a single moment to waste, Xigbar jumped to his feet and rapidly surveyed the area. He saw the throne, and he then turned around to look at the massive doorway.

Near the bottom of the door, he saw a young man with long silver hair sprinting out of the audience chamber. He slammed open a small door within the massive one, and hurried onwards. As soon as the boy was out of sight, Xigbar immediately teleported after him.

The chase had begun.

Well... hope ya like it =D
I like how this one turned out.... It's a bit different than the others, but I think of it as original.
Anyway, the next (and final) part of this chapter will be out shortly.... And yes, there's a fight scene =D (for which the entire chapter is named)

(oh.... btw- I think that's a crack pairing I've never heard of... Axel x Xigbar... Axbar? XD)
(Not that I'm for it... just.... yea, weird XD)

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
Sadly no, for I could not locate the pm with your email! Dx

For some odd reason, I thought," The run," read," The rum." >__>

xD I think of never heard of 'Axbar' either, it sounds more like a chocolate bar of an advertisement from ax if anything! [but that was probably the point, eh? xD]

It's nice to see different interactions with the Organization members and others. Also, it's nice to see your word choice/vocabulary for how patterned and coloured it is.

For constructive criticism, I suppose it seems many things happen at once, I believe what I've been trying to pin point is how quickly seems to occur and there doesn't seem to be much time to linger on certain things.

Besides that, it's [again] well written and interesting. How is it that the Organization Members were revived? What do they plan to do next? What happened to the King? Till next time on 'A Little Taste of Life'! =D [Scuse me for the sad joke, it appears my mind likes to think of olden things or catch phrases from shows or what has been recognized as corny to a degree].

But anyway, besides good interactions, it's nice to see how well you portray the characters [instead of being out of character, you seem to hit the nail quite well with keeping them in character, and that's something that all author/esses struggle with].

I'm curious what will happen to Sora and Kairi.

I wonder if it will be Roxas and Namine who will save Sora and Kairi from the darkness? It seems thus far they have yet to break free [or separate] of Sora and Kairi's body, so I wonder if by Sora being engulfed by darkness, it shall allow Roxas to separate himself, or to at least take control while Sora's down for the mean time? ['tis my speculation, I should probably review Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 again because depending what one believes the Nobody to be, it could change how they believe something will occur; I should probably get my facts straight!]

~Taokitty~

PS Hah. It appears I haven't changed as I had feared. Hopefully I have not babbled too much or made my post too repetitive or chalky.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Thanks Tao =D

And... well, I dont wanna give too much away, but Sora and Kairi wont be in the dark for much longer (although, others will be *DUN DUN DUN* XD)... and the person who saves them... well, I think it's interesting, to say the least =D

Gullwing Yunie

perfectFIT//
Website
freckleyunie.deviantart.com
“Now Axel, are you gonna show me a good time here, or what?”

Axel’s mind was racing. There was a slight chance he could defeat Xigbar, but it was a chance he was not willing to take- not yet. But what other option was there- Flee? To where?
Or… Axel’s manipulative nature took over, and suddenly he knew exactly what to do.

“Why Xigbar, I’m flattered, but I don’t exactly go that way,” said Axel in heavier tone. Xigbar let out a chuckle, but it died quickly at Axel’s next comment. Axel folded his arms and smiled. “Still- I know someone who might be interested in ya- he’s about a quarter of your age and if I do say so myself, he’s quite a catch. Perhaps you’ve met him before- does the name ‘Riku’ ring any bells?”
Xigbar’s eyebrows were raised in question and in anger- what was Axel going on about?

“But,” said Axel, his voice lowering, “If you’re really interested, you’d better be prepared to fight for him… I happen to recall Larxene’s (Xigbar’s eyes widened at the name) interested in him too.”

I seriously lol'd at this part.

Great chapter!

Aqua

Very funny chapter. Axel sure has a way with words. Instead of the pen being mightier than the sword, here, we have Axel's words being mightier than Xigbar's guns. Again, great chapter.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Thanks for the reviews guys =D
Yes, that chapter was supposed to be funny...
But I think the next one is somewhat sadder.... =(

Anyway, I'll try to get it up before the week's over... but it might not happen (I'm sorry, but I've been busy... as always ><)

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
HOLY CRAP!!! 4th PAGE!!! O_O
Well... I'll try to never let that happen again....
Anyway, here's the thrilling conclusion to chapter 7 XDDDD

----------------------------

Chapter 7: The Run
Part 3: The Run

Riku wasn’t prepared to waste anytime. The organization was back. A bombshell had just dropped on his perfect life, and what could he do? He was sprinting through the castle courtyard, and he knew exactly where he had to go. The king’s quarters were in the second highest tower, at the top of the spiraling hallway. He had to head through the courtyard and he would hit the hallway.
It was as simple as that.

His feet were falling heavily on the grass, and his body was screaming in protest from the movement. His muscles were stiff and sore, and most of his body was streaked with blood. The wounds Larxene had left had yet to seal, or even begin the process, but he ignored it. And judging from the bitter taste of blood in his mouth, Riku guessed his face was just as much a mess as the rest of him. It didn’t matter though, the king would help him with that.

He had passed through the courtyard door, and found himself in a massive hallway. It was angled slightly upwards, and it twirled like ramp. The walls were lined with pictures of the castle’s many inhabitants, and the floor was hard and tiled.

Riku couldn’t run anymore. His lungs were sucking in the air as fast as they could, and Riku’s good hand was clinging to his side as it tightened up on him. He took slow steps, and soon found himself leaning on the wall in exhaustion. “Just… a little more…” said Riku to himself, despite the fact he was over twenty stories below the king.

Ping.

The sound echoed through the empty hall, and Riku fell to the floor roaring in agony. His already wounded wrist was pumping blood out like mad, and he grimaced. He didn’t care. It was nothing, he told himself. All he saw before he got up was a strangely familiar shard of glowing glass protruding from either end of his wrist, and blood was soaking straight through the bandaging.
Thoughts were streaming across Riku’s mind. What happened? Where was he? What was he supposed to do?

With a whoosh and a flash of darkness, the keyblade manifested in Riku’s only good hand. “Xigbar!” Riku commanded, “Come out!”
Nothing happened. The hall did not stir, but Riku was not convinced. Without the slightest warning, Riku broke out in a full out sprint, straight up the hallway.

Suddenly the hallway was exploding with flying shards. Riku knew he couldn’t outrun the bullets, and he felt the familiar sensation as the dark hoisted him off his feet. He wasn’t flying, so much as he was repeatedly teleporting forward. With the temporary advantage, Riku managed a quick glimpse behind him. Suddenly a scarred face came into being directly before his own, and Riku slashed with his blade, but it vanished just as quickly as it had appeared.

Xigbar was not a fool. The guns wouldn’t work on the boy. A new approach was necessary.

Riku was still near the ground floor, when suddenly, Xigbar became clear. He was standing a few yards ahead of himself, and Riku allowed his feet to touch the soft carpet. His body was a wreck, but he wouldn’t let it show.

“Riku! It’s been awhile, hasn’t it?” jested Xigbar, “you know I never did have the pleasure of fighting you.”
Riku panted, not at all fooled by the distraction. Riku hurled himself at Xigbar with surprising force. Xigbar was not caught, but he did have to jump back, leaving himself vulnerable.
Although every fiber of Riku protested, he felt himself slipping into the dark. Every inch of his being was becoming entwined with it. It grew on him, and his strength was magnified by the sensation. Darkness cackled out of Riku as he slammed into Xigbar, not even aware that the key had taken the form of a blade quite similar to that of a bat-wing.

Xigbar was sent smashing into the concrete, but Riku spent no time admiring his work as he tumbled into the portal he had just created. He fell through effortlessly, and was not at all aware that he was not alone in the dark.
Nothing made sense, the fight had occurred in a span of about thirty seconds, but Riku was guiding himself through the dark, and he saw the light.

He was flung out of the portal only a story below the king’s quarter. He cursed himself for misjudging the jump, but he had no time to stop moving. His body was glowing with the dark, but Riku was himself, and he knew it, he embraced it.

Xigbar flew out of the wall, guns in hand, and smashed them into Riku’s face. Xigbar landed in a roll, and vanished once more. Before Riku had time to fall, Xigbar came flying from behind with a fierce kick. He smashed Riku’s skull with guns, and blood came pouring out.

Riku was dying. The dark was streaming out of him, as was his blood- and Xigbar knew it. He landed from the kick and took a moment to admire his handiwork. Riku was lying face down in a puddle of blood, mere meters away from the king’s quarters. Xigbar breathed a sigh or relief. He had cut it far too close.

Riku could not allow it to end like this. With every ounce of strength left in him, he forced himself to his feet, shaking uncontrollably with the effort.
Xigbar looked as if he was about to die of laughter, but he dare not make a sound to alert the king of his prescence.
Riku was panting- now or never. He suddenly hurled both hands directly in front of himself, as if he were pushing someone. A paneled, transparent wall erupted in the space between himself and Xigbar, smashing Xigbar back only a few feet.
Xigbar’s eyes were wide with horror and anger, and no sooner had he landed, he sprinted, toward the shield, guns raised- but it was too late. He vanished on the spot, cursing himself for this failure.

The time the shield had bought Riku was not wasted. He had turned and sprinted at the king’s door. He smashed into the door, and then several things happened.

The door flew open, and in the fraction of a second before it turned on its axis to smash into the wall, Riku was gone. He opened his mouth to yell, and before he obtained a glimpse of the room, a gloved hand was grasping his face so tightly it was suffocating him. An arm wrapped around his waist, and he felt himself falling backwards, far into the dark. It all happened without a sound.

:|:|:|:|:|:|:
The door smashed into the wall with a mighty bang. The king, who was just rising from his luxurious bed, fell with a start onto the ground. He scrambled onto to his feet to take a look at his doorframe. The door was still swinging on its hinges.
The king walked carefully to the spot, and looked out of his room to the hallway. There was no one there in either direction. He took one last glimpse at his door, but there was nothing there. He shrugged lightly, and climbed lazily back into bed.

Nobody had ever been there.

-------------------------

As you may notice, this chapter was a bit rushed.... ><
I had it planned for AGES, I just never really had the time to write it....

now tell me what ya think =D

Aqua

I also enjoyed this chapter! Very good job, and as always I am looking forward to the next one.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
well, sorry to dissapoint, but I haven't started writing it yet...
fortunately, I did manage to outline about 4 upcoming chapters today....

(IN OTHER NEWS!!! => I GOT AN iPOD!!!!!! HUZZAH =DDD )
Sorry, but I'm happy... my old one was stolen awhile back ><

Anyway.... the next chapter revolves around Axel...
And as a preview, the title card!! =>

Chapter 8:
The Fires of Sunrise

Hope that little tid-bit holds you over XD

Aqua

well, sorry to dissapoint, but I haven't started writing it yet...
fortunately, I did manage to outline about 4 upcoming chapters today....

Well, do not feel like you have to rush for me. I am looking forward to reading it whenever you have it done. I enjoy your work.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Thanks Aqua =D
I wasn't really directing that comment towards you btw, it just came out that way, so sorry (god I'm far too apologetic)...

Aside from that, in other news, I finally got to start writing the battle I WISHED had been in KHII (and after you read it, I hope some of you will say the same =D).....
It won't be in the next chapter (which is unfortunately even shorter than the rest ><), but it may be in the one after that.....

Anyway..... yea..... that's it =D
I'm really sick... no updates tonight ><

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
Meep! How'd you manage to get sick?

Anyway, I do not think many of us think it felt rushed. Though, if you would like to, I could try to find the reasoning why you find that it seems rushed if you would like, or try to give constructive critism if that is what you wish. >_<

Ori? How long ago was your old Ipod stolen?

Ah? *Perks ears in interest* I will look forward to this battle.

Anyway, if you would wish for it, I will try my best to make sure the story does not end up on page 4 again. ^-^

I am still quite fond of all the battles you have thus far and the interactions with characters that really do seem plausible. I'm unsure if I can yet see why you believe it felt rushed, though I will try my best to see why you feel it was rushed so I can react accordingly.

It appears the King is quite oblivious of his own world's affairs.
I wonder if there is the slightest chance anyone had been awake? Though doubtful [and being unknown how many residents are in the Mouse's house] it would be interesting, though it doesn't appear it will play that way.

Please excuse the speculation.... ^^;;;

And if it causes you to tarry in anyway [though I do not see how it could tarry exactly but...]

~Taokitty~

PS Scuse my random babbling.... >___>

Hmmm... by any chance, have you received the pms I sent? 'Scuse me for my curiosity.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
your speculation is welcome Tao! (as is anyone else's by the way =D)
(but no... I haven't gotten any pms.... o_O)

Well, the only animate objects that were around to hear the commotion were the brooms.... and since they are mute, I don't think the king will find out through them XD

So anyway, yea, I like the battle... but its not in the next chapter... which won't be up for awhile due to schoolwork >< (i.e. finals/regents/last minute projects to get my grades up XD)

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
xD Good to know ><

[o_O Ori?
... The site's against us, I should have known! >___>
Shall I send it again? o.o
{How odd for it says it sent too... checked my pm box to make sure it was sent.... o___o;;; ]

xD True, true. They may point excitedly perhaps at the King's entranceway I suppose but...
And they probably can't write either? >__>
Or have a mind for that matter....
xD Probably not [less they defied their purpose, got some nice paint and wrote words, but last time I checked, brooms could not see nor write... despite these brooms knowing where to go! D: ]

Ah. *Pat, pat*
All the fun stuff, eh? xD
I wish ye luck on that! D:
Perhaps I should try to update Wish [the revised version] I put on here for the one nice thing about my school, is that we can get exemptions.

Well, have fun! ^0^

-Taokitty
PS For a moment, I almost put `Tornished, an acount of mine on gaia.... >___>
Anyway, my mind fails to think of anything random! D:
Someone feed my mind something to work on.... Dx
[The following comments on the top are due to the recalling of when I used to post random thoughts of the day and such when my mind liked to organize random thoughts that would have no purpose in it's own thread].
Hmmm... the only thing I can think of is that I think frogs are growing in the graveyard. >___>

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Lol, thanks for that Tao.

And again, I'm sorry guys, school ends tomorrow (monday) for me... =(

I've got a term paper that I'm doing right now... and my life's been.... stressful lately... ><

anyway, let's hope for an update sometime next week, cause I'll be DONE WITH SCHOOL!!!!!! =DDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back