• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the 13th vessel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImVentus

Awards
Sure it would be interesting to see how that would turn out but at the same I should have mentioned that there are still 7 guardians of light and I really believe that Ven & Aqua are part of the guardians. The rendering from from 0.2 opening scene with Ven-itas & Terra-Xehanort I see more as a flashback from Aqua's point of view when She fought them in BBS. Well Vanitas is probably gonna turn out to be a vessel but I still don't think that Ven or Aqua will be vessels. Who else would fill their spot in the 7 guardians if that were to be?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Sure it would be interesting to see how that would turn out but at the same I should have mentioned that there are still 7 guardians of light and I really believe that Ven & Aqua are part of the guardians. The rendering from from 0.2 opening scene with Ven-itas & Terra-Xehanort I see more as a flashback from Aqua's point of view when She fought them in BBS. Well Vanitas is probably gonna turn out to be a vessel but I still don't think that Ven or Aqua will be vessels. Who else would fill their spot in the 7 guardians if that were to be?

Well, we do have a lot of possible lights. Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Lea, Ven, Aqua, maybe Xion, Roxas or even characters from Chi.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well, we do have a lot of possible lights. Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Lea, Ven, Aqua, maybe Xion, Roxas or even characters from Chi.

Yep. Counting those, we have nine Lights. Maybe Xehanort can bring past version of Xion and Roxas when they were seeded?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yep. Counting those, we have nine Lights. Maybe Xehanort can bring past version of Xion and Roxas when they were seeded?

...heh. "Seeded".

If the chess pieces are a proof, we at least should know the, ehrm, 12 Darknesses. The Lights are kinda harder to guess, for both the odd screenshots of the pieces and the fact that most good guys have not so easy to spot representative symbols.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
...heh. "Seeded".

If the chess pieces are a proof, we at least should know the, ehrm, 12 Darknesses. The Lights are kinda harder to guess, for both the odd screenshots of the pieces and the fact that most good guys have not so easy to spot representative symbols.

I'm still confused about the chess game though. Especially the pieces that have already been taken by the enemy. I mean, what's that trying to tell us?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm still confused about the chess game though. Especially the pieces that have already been taken by the enemy. I mean, what's that trying to tell us?

Maybe nothing at all, or sheer metaphor.
But I remember one of the pieces taken by Eraqus was a Void Gear. Buuut, there were two Void Gears.
Maybe it symbolized that Vanitas was defeated once (the piece "eaten"), but he's still in the game?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Maybe nothing at all, or sheer metaphor.
But I remember one of the pieces taken by Eraqus was a Void Gear. Buuut, there were two Void Gears.
Maybe it symbolized that Vanitas was defeated once (the piece "eaten"), but he's still in the game?

Two VoidGears?!?!??!
"I'M ME, NOBODY ELSE!!! DD:"

On a slightly more serious note:
I hope there's some importance to the pieces that have already been taken. If it hadn't been the Void Gear explicitely, I would've thought that it meant that a character "switches sides" somehow during the course of the game.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Kind of farfetched, but what if one is representing Vanitas and the other one Venitas?
We still don't know enough, though

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Kind of farfetched, but what if one is representing Vanitas and the other one Venitas?
We still don't know enough, though

I thought about that, too, but Venitas never wielded the Void Gear.
It's so thrilling come on Nomura, give us SOMETHING.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I thought about that, too, but Venitas never wielded the Void Gear.
It's so thrilling come on Nomura, give us SOMETHING.
Hmmmm, thinking about it, Venitas doesn't even have yellow eyes in the 2.8 Trailer, while he DOES have them in BBS

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Hmmmm, thinking about it, Venitas doesn't even have yellow eyes in the 2.8 Trailer, while he DOES have them in BBS

Hm...
Considering it's still Aqua's memory, it might be she fears Ventus himself has fallen for / into the darkness somehow instead of being taken over again? Or maybe they didn't pay too much attention to giving him yellow eyes there, lol...

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Another theory might be that the two Gears don't represent two actual guys, but just a double nature. So, Vanitas is one of the Darknesses but he's still a part of Ventus, so indirectly tied to the Light.
...it could even meant that Vanitas could switch sides, althought that is higly improbable.

This theory however was based on the fact that among the Lights there are two almost identical pieces, that should be Terra's two keychains, meaning both him and his Will (which we know now thanks to First Breath it still has its own role to play)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Or two Void Gears could mean that either masked or black-haired Sora-Vanitas is a Seeker, while Venitas is another.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Or two Void Gears could mean that either masked or black-haired Sora-Vanitas is a Seeker, while Venitas is another.
Dude, I am awfully sorry, but do you even read posts before you post? This is the third time today that you're stating stuff that someone else already did the same day, some minutes ago.

Back to the topic…
Another theory might be that the two Gears don't represent two actual guys, but just a double nature. So, Vanitas is one of the Darknesses but he's still a part of Ventus, so indirectly tied to the Light.
...it could even meant that Vanitas could switch sides, althought that is higly improbable.
I like this idea even more than my own, especially Vanitas switching sides! Do it Nomura!

SakuraKaitou1412

You know, since one of the Void Gears is captured it could mean that in the beginning of KH3 the light has Vanitas with them(perhaps he is currently trapped inside Sora's heart) but that he is released later and is ultimately a vessel for Xehanort.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
You know, since one of the Void Gears is captured it could mean that in the beginning of KH3 the light has Vanitas with them(perhaps he is currently trapped inside Sora's heart) but that he is released later and is ultimately a vessel for Xehanort.

That's interesting. Could there be the existence of two Vanitas...? Helmet or dark-haired Vanitas, and Vanitas-Ventus (Venitas). KHII.8's intro seems to suggest that Venitas and Terranort will be Seekers.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
KHII.8's intro seems to suggest that Venitas and Terranort will be Seekers.

Vanitas and Terra-Xehanort I can see, but Ventus-Vanitas?
That's just Vanitas possessing Ventus' body, a "being" that arguably existed not long enough to be grabbed as a seeker and is practically only Vanitas with a different haistyle and color.

Also, some of you seem to have the whole thing backwards as the Wayfinders going dark and "swirling" around the Org throne room happens before the scene with Aqua facing Ventus-Vanitas and Terranort.
This serves as a callback/reminder to Aqua's two final bosses in actual BBS, Ventus-Vanitas wielding the proto-X-blade being a further hint towards it.
I'd assume that the darkened Wayfinders swirling around the throne room coming before it serve as a visual connection of the events of BBS with Xehanort's overall intentions in general (the thirteen seeker-plot, symbolized by the throne room, was always in the background as a back-up plan), but not decisively as an outlook to the actual future.

It seems that 0.2 will be somewhat an acid trip down the memory lane for Aqua with lots of self-blame/loathing on her part for "failing" to save Terra and Ven from the grasp of Xehanort, concerning the former she not knowing if he regained control or not and concerning the latter knowing that "ending" the enemy's forced control of him resulted in his heart being smashed/lost (I imagine the Ven-in-a-box...err coffin-scene also being related to that).

Phantom versions of Ventus-Vanitas and Terra-Xehanort could even be bosses for her somewhere down the line, possibly helping her overcome the self-blame and doubt eventually (possibly with Mickey's help) and with her new-found faith it may actually lead to the scene with Terra's and Ven's keyblades trashing some Darksides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back