• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aerith's Voice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just hope if Aerith makes a cameo in KH3 they replace her with someone else. It'd be great if Mandy Moore came back, and David Boreanaz back as Leon.

As Sign has already said, Andrea Bowen voices Aerith now and has done so for Crisis Core & Dissidia 012 so she'd be the go-to. Doug Erholtz is a fine voice actor and has voiced Squall in all of his appearances since KH2. Again, he'd be the go-to and it's been well over twelve years since either David Boreanaz or Mandy Moore have played these characters.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Yes. KH2 had really terrible script writing and voice direction. I don't know what the deal was. Aerith was particularly bad in that game. I liked Mandy Moore just fine but I'd be really okay with her Crisis Core voice actress. I've gone as far to say that I would want them to re-record Aerith's lines in KH2.5.

morgancb35

Mandy Moore was so much better. Mena suvari just sounded dull and very monotoned.

MegaCore5

Awards
Mandy Moore was so much better. Mena suvari just sounded dull and very monotoned.
It seems that usually the original voice actor is everyone's preferred favorite although it would be nice if for some of the Disney voices got replaced by their actual voice actors (Robin Williams as genie for example).

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I didn't even notice Aerith had any voice acting. I mean, sure I noticed, but I really didn't care enough to pay close attention to it. lmao

Yamuraiha

Awards
Oh God.. I still remember how much I disliked Aeriths voice in KH2. I barely remember what it sounded like but I know that I disliked it.
A lot.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It seems that usually the original voice actor is everyone's preferred favorite although it would be nice if for some of the Disney voices got replaced by their actual voice actors (Robin Williams as genie for example).
The first is always better. I do think sometimes why some people prefer the first is simply because they were the first. Though of course in this case the first really was better, but heres hoping Andrea Bowen voices her in III. I think she did a good job.

I didn't even notice Aerith had any voice acting. I mean, sure I noticed, but I really didn't care enough to pay close attention to it. lmao
Haha, It was so bad you blocked it from your memory.

MegaCore5

Awards
I guess so haha. Maybe I sub-consciously blocked it out, but I really don't remember her voice. *shrugs* Perhaps it was THAT bad lmao.
In my first Playthru I did not really notice a voice actors either, but after I played it for a second time I started to notice how each voice actor sounds and how different they sound from the original Disney VA. I don't remember any voice actor to be particularly bad... Besides Aerith that is...

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
In my first Playthru I did not really notice a voice actors either, but after I played it for a second time I started to notice how each voice actor sounds and how different they sound from the original Disney VA. I don't remember any voice actor to be particularly bad... Besides Aerith that is...

You definitely aren't alone on that broski. Both you and I are on the same boat. As I have stated, I didn't notice how different the voice acting of Aerith, but as I continued to play, I had no choice but to notice it. Granted, I muted my TV every time she talked, but still hahaha.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
In my first Playthru I did not really notice a voice actors either, but after I played it for a second time I started to notice how each voice actor sounds and how different they sound from the original Disney VA.
This reminds me back when I didn't know Ansem was originally voiced by Billy Zane. Even when I played KHII right after KHI I didn't notice the change in actors, until sometime after when I was re-watching some scenes.

rufusisaghost

Her voice actor is TERRIBLE for KHII. The graphics got better for sure, but the voice for her ruined it. She had actual emotion in the first game, and it seemed to suit her. The second game they might as well of had a robot voice her instead of an actual person, it would have made no difference and you wouldn't have to pay them! This always made me mad, haha.

MegaCore5

Awards
Her voice actor is TERRIBLE for KHII. The graphics got better for sure, but the voice for her ruined it. She had actual emotion in the first game, and it seemed to suit her. The second game they might as well of had a robot voice her instead of an actual person, it would have made no difference and you wouldn't have to pay them! This always made me mad, haha.
it's usually hit or miss with VA's. And just because they weren't so good with another character doesn't mean they aren't a good actor either. Some VA's R just not compatible with certain characters voices.

rufusisaghost

it's usually hit or miss with VA's. And just because they weren't so good with another character doesn't mean they aren't a good actor either. Some VA's R just not compatible with certain characters voices.

Eh, I guess so. But it's still pretty bad when the Nobodies had more emotion than she did XD

Anthony12KH

Im glad Im not the only one who noticed this. I want to have at alk with the people in charge of hiring voice actors because someone got to go.

rufusisaghost

well maybe her contract was up/over and she decided to not do it anymore. which i think is stupid in my opinion.
Well I mean that's not really stupid, it's her decision. If she didn't want to do it, then she didn't want to do it. It would be stupid if they fired her or just randomly chose someone else, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back