• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

And Vanitas Looks Like...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
vanitas.jpg

Sora would look tite buffed out for once.

Awards
To those who take issue with Vanitas' bulk, I remind you that, even if Vanitas looked like Ven and not Sora, there's still the same problem.

Both Ven and Sora have a slim frame.
Granted, Riku's suit clearly adds bulk to his frame (his biceps are definitely not that big), and would do the same for Ven and/or Sora.

I'm still trying to think of a remotely plausible theory to explain why Vanitas may look like Sora.
Haven't come up with anything yet, but I will say this.
If it's true, the amount of Sora rip offs in this series is astronomical.

1. Sora
2. Roxas
3. By extension of Roxas, Ven
4. Xion
5. Data Sora
6. Vanitas

Though, admittedly, I have always been interested in seeing a legitimately evil Sora.

K

kitowskiv

Just one TINY detail you probably missed...

Take a GOOD look at this picture.

[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/gracefulassassin9/2d7sh2p.png[/IMG]
What color is Vanitas' BLACK hair?

Confused? Maybe this pic will help.

[IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/DarkSora07/Vanitas_what_if_face_1.png[/IMG]
What color is this Sora's BLACK hair?

Still confused? Okay then. Now listen to me when I say this, and this
is VERY important...

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]VANITAS HAS[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"][SIZE="7"]BLACK [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]HAIR!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Really does he? i didnt realize that....Oh wait i did
Im sorry if the pictures i made werent up to par with your standards i made them quick for the purpose of the thread and couldnt figure how to get black color replacement on pscs4 so i just said screw it. Is that cool with you?

Trimms

If it's Sora then it will be my first time ever shitting my pants when playing a video game.

Oblivionite

or kingdom hearts, for that instance.

...I think vanitas is going to look like ansem the wise's apprentice, xehanort.

i know how terra looks like xehanort and all...but this would be a nice little.."twist"?

Dark Sora 07

Really does he? i didnt realize that....Oh wait i did
Im sorry if the pictures i made werent up to par with your standards i made them quick for the purpose of the thread and couldnt figure how to get black color replacement on pscs4 so i just said screw it. Is that cool with you?

Yeah it's okay. Seems like a lot of people are posting up some Photoshopped
pictures just for the sake of it.

Also, for the hair, you should play around with the layers in CS4.
For mine, I used the pen tool to select Sora's hair, filled
that with black, played around with the blending options and copyed
the layer three times and they came out with the black hair.
I used Hue for the top layer, Overlay for the middle, and Hard Light for the bottom.

Forgive me if I sounded too technical on that. :wink:

K

kitowskiv

Yeah it's okay. Seems like a lot of people are posting up some Photoshopped
pictures just for the sake of it.

Also, for the hair, you should play around with the layers in CS4.
For mine, I used the pen tool to select Sora's hair, filled
that with black, played around with the blending options and copyed
the layer three times and they came out with the black hair.
I used Hue for the top layer, Overlay for the middle, and Hard Light for the bottom.

Forgive me if I sounded too technical on that. :wink:

Thank you im just learning with Ps so I appreciate the tip.

B

Blade5468

I think the suggestion that he is a replica is just....kinda not thought out at all.
Who made the replicas guys? Vexen.
who doesn't exist/isn't important yet? Vexen.

Who's to say that Master Xehanort isn't badass enough to know how to make replicas himself?

Why were the replicas made? So the organization would have access to the keyblade, they hadn't a clue Roxas would stroll along.
Just because they were made for a certain purpose in one occasion doesn't mean they can't be used in OTHER ways. And, besides, who knows, maybe MX DID make Vanitas to have another keyblade wielder on his side. He's about to face three, he'd need back up :X

Replicas...haven't been seen in any other senario or for any other purpose.
This is the first game in this period of time, for all we know replicas could be as common as keyblades were in the Keyblade war. They probably aren't, but what I mean is all the rules are changing anyway, anything is possible,there are thousands of keyblades, remember that little thing we used to have about Sora being the "chosen one?" Not back here, apparently.

and since this is in the past...I think that makes it even less likely. Because if they were already an existing idea, I don't think the replicas would have been such a special or unique thing.
I suppose that's true, but seeing as the only people who would know Vanitas is a replica are TAV, (probably,) it wouldn't cause much difference to whether or not the Organization considers replicas to be unique.

Van being female...is also...just reaching too far, I think.
THAT SUIT IS SKIN TIGHT. We would most Definately know if He were female.
Xion.

Nomura said we would be shocked.
Wouldn't you be shocked if it were the most obvious person? Or someone connected to the most obvious person?
Riku?
It just makes sense.
THere is a reason that Van holds SO MANY similarities to Riku.
There has to be.
Wouldn't you be shocked if it was Sora or Ven? :X

-------

Anyway, it's not that I like this theory or anything, no, and I do think it'd be kind of boring, but just..
What you're saying doesn't really prove this is impossible in any way :X
Maybe improbable, but hey, so is everything else.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
or kingdom hearts, for that instance.

...I think vanitas is going to look like ansem the wise's apprentice, xehanort.

i know how terra looks like xehanort and all...but this would be a nice little.."twist"?

People have thought of that before trust me. But as far as appearances go, Vanitas far less likely to look like Xehanort than Terra by the end of BbS. Not only does he have a totally different hair color (Terra does too), but a different hair style to boot. Then there's the obvious fact that he's around Sora's age in KH1 or 2, demurring the possibility of him being Xehanort even more. In my opinion, that theory doesn't hold at all.

And without only talking about appearances, it's a totally different er, ball field.

Anyway, I feel like Vanitas looking almost exactly like Sora would be really tacky. And I hope Nomura won't do that to us. Because Sora already looked like himself when he was four, so it wouldn't make sense for Vanitas to influence Sora's look.

B

Blade5468

People have thought of that before trust me. But as far as appearances go, Vanitas far less likely to look like Xehanort than Terra by the end of BbS. Not only does he have a totally different hair color (Terra does too), but a different hair style to boot. Then there's the obvious fact that he's around Sora's age in KH1 or 2, demurring the possibility of him being Xehanort even more. In my opinion, that theory doesn't hold at all.

FDgfdgsdgfdgsfs.
You don't know if he has Xehanort hair or not, they barely showed two strands of it.
Terra's body build / age / haircolor/ all that fun stuff are also nothing like Xenny's.
Terra is, too, around Sora's age in KH1 or 2, maybe two or three years older, but still "around the age," of him, and Riku in KH2 (who is the same age) looks just as old as Terra, if not older.
In your opinion, it might not hold at all, but with the use of common sense it doesn't hold any less than Terra being Xehanort.

And without only talking about appearances, it's a totally different er, ball field.

What about the fun fact that Xehanort is known to have been an apprentice and stolen his master's name? Who is to say he wouldn't do that twice?

Anyway, I feel like Vanitas looking almost exactly like Sora would be really tacky. And I hope Nomura won't do that to us. Because Sora already looked like himself when he was four, so it wouldn't make sense for Vanitas to influence Sora's look.

Yeah, but then again, Ven has to have influenced Sora's look, too, and we don't know how that works. (Because Ven looking like Sora is canon, since Sora looking like Roxas is canon.)

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
FDgfdgsdgfdgsfs.
You don't know if he has Xehanort hair or not, they barely showed two strands of it.
Terra's body build / age / haircolor/ all that fun stuff are also nothing like Xenny's.
Terra is, too, around Sora's age in KH1 or 2, maybe two or three years older, but still "around the age," of him, and Riku in KH2 (who is the same age) looks just as old as Terra, if not older.
In your opinion, it might not hold at all, but with the use of common sense it doesn't hold any less than Terra being Xehanort.

Xehanort's didn't have bangs over his forehead.
I'm pretty sure Terra's features are similar to Xehanort. And since we don't have much info on Xehanort's appearance, you can actually use XH's. He kept his exact same form. Albeit, his skin color is darker.

aba449d1d07380_full.jpg

Is the build good enough for you? Also, all those organization Somebodies are about ten years younger than their Nobody counterparts. Terra looks to be about 20, not around 14 or 15 (Vantas' likely age because it's Sora and Riku's ages in KH1). Xehanort is confirmed to be about 30 when he gets to AtW, no?
Stop acting like you are the the all mighty person who decides what is common sense.

What about the fun fact that Xehanort is known to have been an apprentice and stolen his master's name? Who is to say he wouldn't do that twice?
That doesn't mean much to me. Sure people can have a habit, and that would fit nicely. But logically, that doesn't mean anything to me.

Yeah, but then again, Ven has to have influenced Sora's look, too, and we don't know how that works. (Because Ven looking like Sora is canon, since Sora looking like Roxas is canon.)

Um, any reasons why you say that? Sora isn't Roxas. Ven influenced Roxas' look.
Sora already looked like himself.
Edit: Oh wait, yeah I see what your saying now. And I guess Sora's face was made to look more like Ven's in KH2. Like how his hair became more blondish.
Anyway, I still doubt Vanitas influenced Sora's look.

Last edited:

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
Just throwing this out there:

Compare with those on the first page.
Terra/Riku's eyes look nothing like Vanitas' eyes.

Was anyone saying Riku or Terra would look like Vanitas?

I want to know who Vanitas is like everyone else, but so far, it doesn't look like we've seen him before. Even though Nomura said that Vanitas' face won't be revealed until the near end of the game, that doesn't necessarily mean he is hiding his face for that much of a reason.

Awards
Was anyone saying Riku or Terra would look like Vanitas?

Not recently, hence, "just throwing this out there."

There were some people pages back speculating that Vanitas looks like Riku.
Also some who have said that Vanitas is Xehanort (and since Xehanort probably has the same kind of eyes as Terra...). While I do think this is plausible, Vanitas absolutely does not look like him at that point in time.

but so far, it doesn't look like we've seen him before.

So far, nothing.
Assuming that we've never seen him before is on the same level as assuming we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back