• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Any suggestions for children?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
wait what

I didn't say it was conclusive. Just that research does exist for cartoons in general.

I think that's absolute bull. Honestly, it has to with discipline and the way parents bring up their kids.

I said it is a correlation, which is does not mean it is a direct cause. Correlation means it might have a connection, attributed with other factors like temperament of the child, the temperament of the parents and their child rearing practices.

I still remember watching the very first episode of Spongebob air 14 years ago. My brother grew up watching it. We turned out just fine. Whenever I stepped out of line, you bet my mother was there to put me in my place.

As did the parents of the children I've babysat in my years. They were all young children and watched SpongeBob almost 24/7 and were disciplined whenever they did something wrong, but they would continue to copy actions in the show. Modeling plays a big factor in how children behave, especially when exposed to certain shows for extended periods of time at a very young age.

Of course there is research that goes against that just as much as there is research that prove it.

Anyways.

Last edited:

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Thanks for the advice peoples! As for the violence... they are really into Skyrim... So... NOT MY FAULT! Only one TV in the house. And their parents were like letting them do anything. Now I let them play Tekken... they are good at it! Before you say, "WHAT? How can you let them play or see anything violent" You are talking to the girl that played Mortal Kombat at age 3 and beat it... >_> and I turned out okay. The 2 year old can fight pretty well with Kazuya mind you.

They are not my siblings more my niece and nephew. They are living with me since their mother died and my brother left them with us. So yup... they are starting to become like me... it's scary. <:3

Edit: We are watching Pokemon, they <3 Pikachu! But sadly... she is now bothering me that she wants a "Jelly Filled Donut" because Brock said it... -_-' Even if I tell her it's a Riceball... she's just doing it on purpose... xD

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I wouldn't worry about violence, but I would try to be wary of disturbing content or gore.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thanks for the advice peoples! As for the violence... they are really into Skyrim... So... NOT MY FAULT! Only one TV in the house. And their parents were like letting them do anything. Now I let them play Tekken... they are good at it! Before you say, "WHAT? How can you let them play or see anything violent" You are talking to the girl that played Mortal Kombat at age 3 and beat it... >_> and I turned out okay. The 2 year old can fight pretty well with Kazuya mind you.

They are not my siblings more my niece and nephew. They are living with me since their mother died and my brother left them with us. So yup... they are starting to become like me... it's scary. <:3

Edit: We are watching Pokemon, they <3 Pikachu! But sadly... she is now bothering me that she wants a "Jelly Filled Donut" because Brock said it... -_-' Even if I tell her it's a Riceball... she's just doing it on purpose... xD
Riceballs are actually REALLY easy to make o3o you should make some for them some time I'm sure they'd go nuts.

Also yeah I played both Tekken and Mortal Kombat too as a kid. I fucking LOVED it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back