• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else think Sora pales in comparison to TAV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
[video=youtube;66hAlITwwMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66hAlITwwMM[/video]
Looks like he lost to me.

You can't really count this as a loss since it was his first boss fight, we have no clue if TAV would have done any better their first time ever handling a keyblade.

5. I'm talking about solo battles. Xehanort's Heartless was defeated when HE HAD FRIENDS TO HELP HIM.

He had to free his friends first, meaning they're useless without him. I'm sure Sora isn't going to destroy something like that when it could potentially hurt his friends in the process. And it just shows that he's strong enough to actually rescue them in the first place.

6. Riku Replica is about to kill Sora but then Namine tells Riku to stop and basically "breaks him"

He beat him first, then let his guard down. If Sora wanted to he could have just finished him off but he wasn't fully prepared to.

Kenpachi

The Only thing that Sora has on TAV is that fact the He got things back to normal.

(repeating what i said.. how lame)All Sora did was get things back to normal(Like freeing Terra's body from MX when he was Ansem SoD and Xenmas)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

personally i think BBS shows when the Sh!t hit the Fan.

easy version: Sora is the character to finish the fight with MX where TAV failed. it's more like Sora is going to finish what TAV started.

But until them i'm going to stop talking and wait for more info about KH3.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
The Only thing that Sora has on TAV is that fact the He got things back to normal.

(repeating what i said.. how lame)All Sora did was get things back to normal(Like freeing Terra's body from MX when he was Ansem SoD and Xenmas)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

personally i think BBS shows when the Sh!t hit the Fan.

easy version: Sora is the character to finish the fight with MX where TAV failed. it's more like Sora is going to finish what TAV started.

But until them i'm going to stop talking and wait for more info about KH3.

Basically my sentiments as well. Like I previously stated I't more like a generation thing, liek a ageneration long battle, from one to another, TAV started the war but failed due to trheir weaknesses being taken advantage of. Sora came in when everything was going to hell and started putting it right, he's like the roosevelt after the war and depression. But he's also a baby when it comes to some skills tTAV posessed but he's also more advanced in some areas where they weren't.

Z3N

I keep finding myself in The World That Never Was.
...?
I come back after what...? A day or two away to find a whole huge argument over TAV vs. Sora...? Really?

You can't really compare them.
- TAV were trained.
- Sora wasn't. And yet he's still up and functioning and not waiting to be rescued. (So what if he had friends helping him? I don't see how that's a huge problem since it's a goddamn theme to this game. It will always be about friends and blah blah blah. You get the point. It's part of who Sora is, which I find very, very cool. He isn't some lone hero who saves the day. He has his friends, and that's pretty special.)
- TAV had a duty to protect what's left of the Realm of Light. (Referring to the KW here, shit's screwed up right now ain't it? :p)
- Sora got this shit thrust onto his shoulders. And yet he's still willing to go out and help people (he either met and doesn't remember, or never met at all), even though he doesn't have to. I find that noble. He's a good kid, with a warm heart.

We already know TAV are stronger/more experienced. (Nomura even said it. Yeesh.)
Big goddamn whoop.
How we can compare the two I'm not sure where you guys think that's possible. xD There are obvious spots where each are better. And they have different forms of experience.
(Why do these threads keep popping up...? x_x )

But remember, who's story is this, and who is the freaking hero?
This series is NOT about physical strength/experience. It's about the bonds of the heart and friendship, and the strength that stems from that. Which is also Sora's greatest strength. It's a goddamn game that shows the goddamn power of friendship, blah blah, and how that's goddamn ultimate power.
(And Sora's heart is freaking cool. c: Just sayin'. x) )

You see where I'm going with this and how it's silly to really get into this shit about Solo TAV and friend-relying Sora...? (Please read everything...it has all the info.) Sora isn't stronger. Period. At least physically/magically/what have you. However, there's no doubt his heart is pretty damn special. That's the whole idea behind this game! DING DING DING!! Sora's heart is special. c: That's where this series is going. That's the direction since the very first game.
It isn't about strength/being a Keyblade Master (really, go replay part of KH2 Pride Lands and see the part where Sora seems what's the word...? Unenthusiastic? Aversed? Reluctant? Not keen? Yes, that's it, not keen on the fact the Keyblade is still with him, and he has to keep fighting.)/etc. It's about Sora and the strength of his heart, and how special it is, and the freaking power it holds.

As for the original post...(since that was forgotten. xD)
Eh. The armor I don't care about. It was kinda cool...but...eh.
And I like Sora's keyblades more. x) All the ones TAV received (aside from like...a few per character) were pretty lame I thought. :p Their starter blades and final ones I liked (Aqua's second to last). Otherwise...eh. >.> (Excluding a few more, but I don't feel like getting into this. xD)
As for abilities/moves/etc.?
Sora.
He has a combination of TAV's. :p But he also has his own.

-also likes Sora more than TAV- :p I did from the getgo. That won't change.
His character makes me warm and fuzzy and think maybe things will be okay...even at the worst points in life. c:
Others don't like him. I won't judge, I won't try and persuade them/you, I won't argue. To each their own, no one is wrong. Even in KH2 I still adored him. Then again...I dug beneath the silly dialogue and saw the core of his character, and the main point of everything. x)

-loud, tired sigh-

Oh boy let's see what shit I dig myself into. x)
Oh boy! I can hardly wait!! ;)

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
Not to mention they only had one shape for most of the effects... different colored stars >.>

Thenn again if you can go patchwork hero on someones slowly fading heart and returnin it to a fucntional heart well... when your hearts fresh, thats sayign something about a strong/aspecial/unique heart.

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I'm kinda waiting for skyfoxx to get back here so I can mention that Terra is stupid compared to Sora :\ I'm almost done with Terra's story and he has the most "lol wtf" moments.

Z3N

I keep finding myself in The World That Never Was.
I'm kinda waiting for skyfoxx to get back here so I can mention that Terra is stupid compared to Sora :\ I'm almost done with Terra's story and he has the most "lol wtf" moments.

I was soooo bored with Terra until his last battle. (Story and gameplay wise. So lame.)
By all means shred his character to pieces. <3 (Seriously...do it!)

Actually...after playing BBS it made me reeeeeeaaaally miss Sora... :c

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Basically, Terra finds every bad guy on each world ( well except Deep Space cause Jumba isn't really a villain ) and basically lols. They try to kill him and he doesn't seem offended. The Queen from Snow White asks him to kill Snow White and cut out her heart and he basically agrees to do it without ever confronting the Queen about this. If Sora was there, he would have refused outright and slashed the Queen to bits. Sure, you can argue that Terra just wanted to get info out of the Mirror. But, what is the point if he refuses and goes back? Why didn't he challenge her outright and skip that mess? Even when she basically sends him into the Mirror to be killed, he never confronts her about it.

Terra is either really stupid or blind as hell. I'm pretty sure you shouldn't make deals with the Lord of the Dead just to enter a tournament for fun.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Terra is pretty stupid.
He's easily manipulated into pretty much every situation he's involved in during his story.
That being said I like using Terra move than Ventus but Aqua more than all 3. Considering Ventus' abilities either have slow start up or leave you completely open during/after you use them, save for Last Arcanum/Ars Arcanum and Faith.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
I was soooo bored with Terra until his last battle. (Story and gameplay wise. So lame.)
By all means shred his character to pieces. <3 (Seriously...do it!)

Actually...after playing BBS it made me reeeeeeaaaally miss Sora... :c
Same, probably why I enjoy ven because out of the group he can at least chain combos in a similar speed to sora.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
so true the only character I really had trouble stomaching was Vanitas when I heard how they pronounce his name I was like ehhhh >.>

But anyway I agree, their differences make them... well them lol.

Sadie808

╬ProperArtist╬;5283613 said:
Terra is pretty stupid.
He's easily manipulated into pretty much every situation he's involved in during his story.
That being said I like using Terra move than Ventus but Aqua more than all 3. Considering Ventus' abilities either have slow start up or leave you completely open during/after you use them, save for Last Arcanum/Ars Arcanum and Faith.
znmrnq.png

SogeUsopp114

Awards
sitting with you know who in the realm of darkness
unlike yu guys i like terra his story reminds me of riku in some ways and if yu people remember riku pulled off some of the same stunts terra did except riku kinda went too far lol in my opinion the only thing that was wrong was that terra's story was too short. if yu people listened to terra's story and connect everything from there instead of hating on him for the littlest reasons then you'd get what he's about. also im a big fan of ven but if yu think about it he could've easily been tricked just like terra was. the problems with terra was that he was too trusting of people and that he was overconvident in being able to control the darkness. also even though they seem similar terra and anikin in personality and story wise are nowhere near similar in any way and if yu don't believe me then play terra's story again and actually pay attention. and if yu still don't believe me then go buy the whole box set of star wars and watch all of them. and in case yu wanna know im a huge fan of sora and big fan of TAV

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
LOL Never said I was hating in fact I'm rather much a big fan of terra, now since you obviously know what becomes of terra, then think about what becomes of anikin, look at the bigger picture, thats what I'm talking about lol.

I enjoy terra, in fact if you read back a few posts you'll see me explaining why I like him over sora, and why I like sora over the trio, in fact I like them both equally as well. Just both fractions accel in some areas more than the other but thats what makes them special and unique.

;p

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
unlike yu guys i like terra his story reminds me of riku in some ways and if yu people remember riku pulled off some of the same stunts terra did except riku kinda went too far lol in my opinion the only thing that was wrong was that terra's story was too short. if yu people listened to terra's story and connect everything from there instead of hating on him for the littlest reasons then you'd get what he's about. also im a big fan of ven but if yu think about it he could've easily been tricked just like terra was. the problems with terra was that he was too trusting of people and that he was overconvident in being able to control the darkness. also even though they seem similar terra and anikin in personality and story wise are nowhere near similar in any way and if yu don't believe me then play terra's story again and actually pay attention. and if yu still don't believe me then go buy the whole box set of star wars and watch all of them. and in case yu wanna know im a huge fan of sora and big fan of TAV

Despite the fact that Nomura purposely made Terra like Riku, at least Riku isn't as stupid as Terra. There was no evidence of Terra's trusting nature. He was never over confident. He was in denial the whole time. He kept telling himself he can overcome the darkness because he feared it. Even then, there is no excuse for basically using the Princesses to further his own desires. He only went around to find Xehanort and did not give two shits of the girls. I still stress the point where the Queen straight up asks him to kill Snow White and he doesn't see anything wrong with it.

It also helps not to sound rude when you just entered a discussion.

SogeUsopp114

Awards
sitting with you know who in the realm of darkness
LOL Never said I was hating in fact I'm rather much a big fan of terra, now since you obviously know what becomes of terra, then think about what becomes of anikin, look at the bigger picture,

;p

lol sorry it wasn't you that i was saying was hating it was the people before you that were hating on terra just because he didn't do everything that aqua and ven did in the worlds he went through. at the ending terra doesn't give up and turn to the darkness like anikin does. his last fight with xehanort proved that he was still fighting unlike anikin who just gets completely tricked and throws away everything because his wife left him. i know there are some similarities between them but overall terra at the very least did the opposite thing that anikin did in the end like i said before terra never gave up even when his body was stolen lol ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back