• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel: Post-Days character thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Axel has been described by fans as an irredeemable asshole, a big woobie who's head-over-heels in love with Roxas, and everything in between. I've seen people split into groups and argue whether Chain of Memories Axel or Kingdom Hearts 2 Axel is the "real" Axel. Now that 358/2 Days has finally filled in the connecting storyline, I think it's worth taking another look at whether the two “different Axels” are really all that irreconcilable.

Let's start with the basics. Axel's title, 踊る火の風 (odoru hi no kaze), has been translated into English as Flurry of Dancing Flames, but this doesn't quite capture the meaning of the original Japanese. The English title implies that Axel himself is fire, but the literal parsing of the Japanese phrase is dancing fire's wind - Axel isn't the fire itself, he's the wind that makes the flames dance. This is not just a bit of trivia for the linguophiles among you [1]. Axel's Japanese title is a perfect metaphor for his role and behaviour in the Organisation. He moves through the flames of betrayal and intrigue that consume the other Organisation members, making everyone dance to his tune but completely untouchable by their schemes - just as a breeze manipulates a fire without ever being burned. There's no doubt he can hold his own in a fight, but his real strength is psychological. Axel's a schemer, through and through, making him perfect for the job of assassinating traitors.

In modern, enlightened society it's considered ethically questionable even to assassinate an enemy leader to win a war. But in the ancient past assassination was recognised as a useful political tool - many Roman Emperors fell to assassins seeking to further their own agendas. Modern man eschews assassination solely for moral reasons; in a purely practical sense there's no disputing that it can be extraordinarily effective.

The Nobodies of Organisation XIII, lacking hearts and emotions, are equally bereft of the moral quandaries and attacks of conscience that humans are subject to. Axel's role in the Organisation - to be willing to kill even his closest comrades if the situation calls for it - would seem despicable to a human. But Axel, literally heartless, can carry it out with mental impunity. He doesn't care about the comrades he kills because he can't. He feels no remorse; his only concern is staying on his boss' good side to keep himself safe.

Of course, there is a little more to it than that. Because what we see in Chain of Memories clearly shows that that Axel doesn't just tolerate his duties, he enjoys them (inasmuch as a Nobody is capable of joy). But without the burden of guilt, why wouldn't he? One has only to consider the popularity of games like Grand Theft Auto, of characters like Light from Death Note or Dr. Gregory House, of all these fictional people who place themselves above and beyond societal restrictions, to realise that humans are intrigued by the concept of such freedom. Freedom from personal responsibility, or from the burden of morality. Take away remorse, and Axel is left only with the thrill of the game. The man is clearly tactically brilliant when it comes to manipulating others; of course he's going to revel in putting his abilities to the test.

Therefore when we describe Axel's character in Chain of Memories, we need to be careful with the terminology. Yes, he's a merciless and manipulative son of a bitch. But even so, he has no real malicious intent. He's heartless because he's literally without a heart, like all the others in the Organisation. He's amoral rather than truly immoral, and therein lies the all-important distinction. He takes his satisfaction not from cruelty to others, but from excelling in his plotting.

Before I talk about Roxas, a brief aside. For the sake of argument, we have to assume here that Roxas in every practical sense has a heart. Whether or not it strictly resides in his body is up for debate, but ultimately irrelevant to this discussion; the point is that he can and does feel true emotion. He is the only member of the Organisation - Axel included - to express real concern over the fates of the members sent to Castle Oblivion. His fears for Axel's safety leave him constantly distracted during missions while his friend is away. When he tries to bring this up with others, they laugh him off - as does Axel upon his return, joking that Roxas couldn't possibly have been worried without a heart [2].

With 358/2 Days, we are finally shown the gradual development of Axel's personality from the arrogance of Chain of Memories into the desperation of KH2. And I admit that I’ve often complained about the pace of Days' storyline, but for all that I think there are way too many ice-cream scenes, through them we really do see the gradual changes that being in Roxas' company evokes in Axel. We see him gradually affected by Roxas and Xion's company, coming to truly consider the two of them as 親友 (shin'yuu) - a word usually translated as "best friends" that means a really close, true friendship.

The exact mechanism of this - as in the literal mechanism of how a Nobody can come to have friends - is questionable. And, in my experience, another sticking point amongst fans. It doesn't just apply to Axel, either. If one cannot feel emotion without a heart, how then does Saix exhibit rage? How do Vexen and Zexion display fear just before their deaths? In their last meeting, shown in Final Mix+, Axel asks Roxas whether he really has a heart - and whether Axel and Naminé really lack hearts [3]. We're never given an answer to this, and I have my own theory, but since it's purely speculative I'm going to stick to what we're told in-game.

In 358/2 Days we're told explicitly that Organisation members - with the exception of Roxas and Xion - all have memories of their past lives. According to Axel, this is where Nobodies' apparent emotions come from [4]. When a Nobody thinks about something that they know should make them fearful, their mind remembers what it's like to be scared. The same, I assume, applies for other emotions. Nobodies don't feel emotions, but so much of how we think and act is habitual rather than as a result of true feeling that their personalities remain even after they lose their hearts. As Axel says, "Even we Nobodies have things we don't want to lose." [5] The Organisation members' memories allow them to act as though they were human, even without hearts.

So in general terms, Organisation members retain personalities thanks to their memories of their previous lives. This is supported by the fact that Roxas, who lacks memories, is often referred to as absent-minded or "spacing out" early in 358/2 Days, and shows very little in the way of personality for his first several weeks as a Nobody, giving a lot of blank stares and repetitive responses. (In the 358/2 Days manga, he’s shown as a totally blank doll who needs to be propped up in his chair.) Thanks to their memories, the Organisation members are still individuals, not mindless automatons. On the one hand we have Xaldin, who scorns the very idea of emotions as a weakness to be avoided, and actively seeks to suppress any semblance of feelings - he actually scolds the other Organisation members for acting as though they have hearts (Final Mix+).

And on the other hand, we have Axel, who in Saix's words ‘can't stand the emptiness of living without a heart’. More credence is lent to Saix's opinion by the recent revelations that the two were, if not friends, then at least partners or co-conspirators[6] - but it also works as a theory because it just plain fits all the evidence. Axel says in the 358/2 Days Secret Reports that hanging around Roxas evoked strong memories of what it was like to be human. While we can only guess at what Axel was like before he had a heart, his brashness and arrogance even as a Nobody hint at a strong, impassioned personality. He perfectly fits the fire element stereotype - impulsive, extraverted, always on the hunt for excitement.

The loss of the ability to feel would undoubtedly hit such a person extremely hard; it's not surprising Axel would yearn for the ability to feel again. As Roxas gradually becomes Axel's strongest tie to the faux-emotions of his memories, he therefore also becomes the most important thing in Axel's life. Now that he has the illusion of humanity, Axel can't bear the thought of returning to the empty shell that he had been before; even the thrill of backstabbing power politics would surely pale in comparison. Moreover, reminded of what it's like to really feel, Axel can no longer carry out his duties with the blithe apathy he exhibited in Castle Oblivion. He admits in the Secret Reports that while he used to be able to lie effortlessly, lying to Roxas hurts. And there's a very telling line when he comes to force Xion to return to the Organisation - 嫌な役目はいつも俺だ (I always get the nasty jobs) [7]. Although his jobs have always been nasty, it's the first time he really admits it to himself - and he does so with obvious distaste.

In the end, it's only under physical threat of imminent extermination that Axel grudgingly agrees to go after Roxas - and even then he tries everything he can think of to bring Roxas back rather than destroy him. At this point Axel is still acting ultimately in his own interest, choosing his life over Roxas' - a minor strike against his character perhaps, but a lot of humans would make the same choice. Moreover, the decision clearly costs him. By the time he meets Sora in the path to the World that Never Was, Axel has reached a point where he's willing to sacrifice even his own life to save Sora's. His redemption is completed with one final attempt to recapture the human compassion he once had.

All this considered, I really can't see how Axel's shift in priorities from "whatever suits the Organisation and keeps me entertained" to "whatever keeps Roxas alive" is at all implausible. On the contrary, I think it makes him one of the most intriguing character arcs in this entire series. We're not talking about two separate Axels, we're talking about real, believable character development - and a fairly moving storyline besides. Saix may dismiss Axel's hunger to feel as weakness, but as Xemnas asks - wasn't something in Axel awakened thanks to that very 'weakness'?

[1] Something that is a bit of trivia for linguophiles: in Japanese the expression 火遊び (hiasobi, literally fire-play) is idiomatically used to refer to wanton or fickle behaviour and as a metaphor for immorality.
[2] Another note for the linguophiles - the Japanese phrase here is 心配?俺たちノーバディは心は無いっての (Worried? We Nobodies don't have hearts.). The joke is that the word 心配 (worry) uses the character 心 (heart). Therefore, you can't worry without a heart. Axel actually makes a few heart-related puns during the game, but I digress. (In the English version, this dialogue was translated as, “Worried? Well, that's a neat trick, considering you haven't got a heart to feel with.”)
[3] Axel: ロクサス - おまえには 心があるんじゃないか? いや 俺やナミネにも - 俺たちには本当に心は無いのか? (Roxas… you have a heart, don't you? And… do Naminé and I truly not have hearts?) I've seen this subtitled slightly differently on YouTube and feel the need to clarify the exact connotations of Axel's words. In his first question, he's implying that it's likely Roxas has a heart. In his second, he's wondering if it can really be true that he and Naminé don't.
[4] Japanese dialogue: Axel: 俺たちには怖いなんて感情は存在しない (Emotions like fear don't exist for us.) Roxas: でも… 今、俺は怖い (But… right now, I'm scared.) Axel: もし、おまえがそういう風に思うなら怖いってことを記憶のどこかが覚えているのかもしれないな (If that's the sort of thing you're thinking, it could be that you're remembering some part of your memories of fear.) English dialogue: Axel: “Scary? Scary's a feeling, man.” Roxas: “Yeah, I know I can't feel, but… It's still a scary thought.” Axel: “A thought, then. But not a feeling.” Roxas: “Are you sure?” Axel: “Maybe you just remember what it's like to feel scared, and think you're feeling it now.
[5] English dialogue:Everybody’s got something they want to hang on to.
[6] Nomura confirmed in a recent interview that Axel and Saix knew each other before they were Nobodies, and had plans to overthrow the Organisation together.
[7] English dialogue:Why do I always get stuck with the icky jobs?

fantasy08

Wow, and I thought I typed term papers when I post lol. You must be a writer like I am. I enjoyed your post very much. I agree with everything you said about Axel and yet I still don't like him lol.To much **** riding, among other things, by nomura where he's concerned. However, since he's friends with characters that I like then I suppose I can tolerate him.:lol:

I want to add something about Saix though. I truly believe that every negative thing he said about Axel ,especially his comment about weakness in final mix, was him really talking about himself. I don't think he really truly believed that since nobodies don't have hearts then they shouldn't have real emotions. He was lying to others as well as to himself. I think losing his heart hit him hard, but being a nobody, especially a nobody with a personality like his, he told himself emotions are a weakness and shuns them. Lea's old friend sadly changed as a nobody. For the worst it seems. Axel says this and Saix seems to realize it as well about himself and admits such in one of his entries. His death scene is what really shows that he has being lying to himself where emotions are concerned. Limping and hand shaking to kingdom hearts he asks it where his heart is. The lie he kept telling himself as a nobody evaporates and it seems he finally gives in to his weakness and realizes what Axel did. No, Lea.

I want to go into detail about Saix like you did with Axel but it's 2 something in the morning and the bed is calling lol. I might just wait for yours though since you seem to be excellent at character analysis.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I like this, especially the part with his title's etymology. Watching my little brother play through KH2 (which is essentially saving me the trouble of playing through it again), I couldn't help but pay more attention to Axel's character and motive. Reading this and seeing the puzzle finally be put together, I've come to like him a bit more now than I did before.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
A final decent and true analysis of a character that's more or less a favourite.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I've seen people describe him as an irredeemable asshole-

*shifts eyes to the side and whistles*

Half-kidding, half-not. I still don't forgive the way he had killed both Vexen and Zexion. Could've been done less painfully and cringe-worthy, in my opinion. My main gripe about his character is his over glorifying, constant screen stealer, shoved into our faces all the time, face plastered everywhere spiel. Basically, unless you're on Nomura's, or the staffs', favorite character list, or aren't a main character, expect everyone else to be crap, not paid attention to, and one-dimensional. And that's more of bias and favoritism, that should NOT ever interfere or show in your work. To me, it's not professional, and disregards others. Hell, we're going to get Axel's other self in KH3 for further emphasis, which I can bet my one million savings on.

Otherwise, I agree with your assessment. I also enjoy his aesthetics, he's a pretty thing to look at. Maybe if they stop whoring him, I can appreciate him just a bit more.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Wow, and I thought I typed term papers when I post lol. You must be a writer like I am.
I'm actually nothing of the sort, but coming from one I'll definitely take that as a compliment! :)

I have to admit Saix isn't a character I'd given a lot of thought to previously. But that's a really interesting take you have on him, and the more I think about it the more I'm intrigued. While I was watching Final Mix+ cutscenes to confirm bits of dialogue for this post, there was one little slip of Saix's that had bugged me. When he's not in Berserker mode he's usually very quiet and reserved, his Japanese voice is almost creepy - but when he says that Axel was weak, there's a hint of frustration/anger there. (See this video at 1:04.) On the one hand it made sense for Saix to dismiss Axel's weakness. On the other, it didn't make sense for it to actually evoke 'emotion' in him. Not unless, as you say, it hit a little close to home. Maybe we can bounce some ideas off each other sometime?

I like this, especially the part with his title's etymology.
Thanks! It was actually that bit about the title that sparked this whole rant - it just suddenly struck me what a wonderful metaphor 踊る火の風 was for Axel, and everything else followed...

Otherwise, I agree with your assessment. I also enjoy his aesthetics, he's a pretty thing to look at. Maybe if they stop whoring him, I can appreciate him just a bit more.
So Axel himself you don't have a problem with, so much as the way he's managed? Yeah, I guess I can see that. There's a fine line between fanservice and just plain whoring. And I totally agree about the aesthetics - he definitely has a striking appearance, and on top of that some marvellously expressive body language.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thank you for writing this out ♥

Axel is one of my favourite characters, and your analysis was written so well and. Unlike you I suck at expressing myself. ;____; YOU JUST ROCK OKAY

And you rock even harder for mentioning 火遊び and the fact that he's the wind fanning the flames!! I've always lamented that little lost-in-translation tidbit.

Btw, what is your theory on Namine and Axel's hearts? Even 'purely speculative', a theory coming from one who has such a good grasp on canon and character is worth hearing!!

Avens

Beautiful synthesis—you’ve managed to string things together brilliantly

He's amoral rather than truly immoral, and therein lies the all-important distinction. He takes his satisfaction not from cruelty to others, but from excelling in his plotting.
My major conflict is the one that no one will support me on, that it is possible to be moral without emotions or a sense of guilt, so long as one recognizes the restrictions of society and desires a stable environment for its advantages. But that’s a general thing, and not directed solely at your analysis. Morality is a habit and a convenience, as well as a sensation; it is not something you need to feel in order to understand.

He is the only member of the Organisation - Axel included - to express real concern over the fates of the members sent to Castle Oblivion.
And maybe Xigbar from the secret reports:

Day 71 — The Traitors’ Last Days
It seems that Saïx is somehow deeply connected to the elimination of those guys who went to Castle Oblivion. Which means, Axel is probably connected to it too. It is a fact that, through Saïx, Xemnas ordered Axel to take care of the traitors. It seems as if it wasn’t said who the traitors were however, of course Xemnas knew of those guys’ betrayal.
Day 355 – Purpose
After half the members disappeared in Castle Oblivion, Xemnas’s plan generated disorder little by little. In hindsight, I’d say was probably a success, though it really doesn’t appear to have been. If the great Kingdom Hearts has a will, it may reject Xemnas… No, Xehanort. Roxas left the Organization today.

--but only if you’re like me, and like to read in things which probably aren’t there.

The joke is that the word
心配 (worry) uses the character (heart). Therefore, you can't worry without a heart. Axel actually makes a few heart-related puns during the game, but I digress.
Lawl, we aren’t going to be able to take that from the English version, are we?

Again, brilliant. I look forward to your analysis of Saix!

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Avens said:
Lawl, we aren’t going to be able to take that from the English version, are we?

Hahaha. It 'weighed on his heart'? Not nearly as subtle XDDD

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Good job Krexia, this is one of the best analsies I've seen yet. And it actually makes sense, which is a bonus!

Silent hero_

Awards
I enjoyed reading this. A very good analysis. To me, Xaldin is the only person in the Organization who doesn't show any emotions, he even beats Xemnas.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Axel is one of my favourite characters, and your analysis was written so well and. Unlike you I suck at expressing myself. ;____; YOU JUST ROCK OKAY
I never really know how to respond to compliments, but I'm flattered, thanks :3

Btw, what is your theory on Namine and Axel's hearts? Even 'purely speculative', a theory coming from one who has such a good grasp on canon and character is worth hearing!!
But being obsessive about canon doesn't help much when we're talking about speculation that has very little basis in it... this really is just an idea, one that I think fits with canon but has no actual evidence.

In meta terms, the Kingdom Hearts universe is one where metaphors are made literal. In real life we talk about how our friends hold a place in our hearts - in KH Kairi literally survives safely in Sora's heart. KH is a universe where magical keys can literally unlock a person's heart, and where emotions that can consume metaphorically in real life consume literally, turning people into Heartless monsters.

There are countless metaphorical uses of the idea of a 'heart' when it comes to friendship or love. We talk about pouring our hearts out, about baring our hearts, about our hearts going out to people we feel sympathy for, and we talk about having our hearts broken. But you can only have your heart broken by someone you care deeply about - in general, the underlying concept common to all these metaphors is that when you truly care for or love someone, you entrust them with part of your heart. So, if we speculate that this aspect of heart metaphors also has literal connotations in the KH world, then Roxas literally shares his heart with Axel through their friendship, which is what allows Axel to feel.

Apart from having no real evidence it's also incredibly sappy, but KH is all about the sap xD

My major conflict is the one that no one will support me on, that it is possible to be moral without emotions or a sense of guilt, so long as one recognizes the restrictions of society and desires a stable environment for its advantages.
Something like Kant's categorical imperatives, you mean? As a strict moral relativist I do agree that morality can only be defined relative to a particular society and given set of values. We can 'feel' like something is right or wrong, but that's only as a result of the value system we've learned to accept. As for Axel, though, he no longer 'feels' whatever set of values he was raised with, so the only set of societal rules he operates under are those of the Organisation. Which makes it perfectly okay for him to follow orders from above and kill his comrades.

And maybe Xigbar from the secret reports:
Considering what we know about Xigbar from elsewhere, I can't really imagine Xigbar feels anything for the loss of half the Organisation. On strictly practical terms obviously it's a blow, and likewise he wouldn't be thrilled at Xemnas sowing dissension in the ranks, but I certainly don't get the impression that he cared personally for any of the members that were lost at Castle Oblivion.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
After Days, I've begun to like Axel again, then I get hit in the face with this tl;dr post. Wow, just wow. Very well thought out. Axel is definatly climbing up the ladder thanks to your help.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
So Axel himself you don't have a problem with, so much as the way he's managed? Yeah, I guess I can see that. There's a fine line between fanservice and just plain whoring. And I totally agree about the aesthetics - he definitely has a striking appearance, and on top of that some marvellously expressive body language.

Precisely. It's kind of like a "too much of a good thing" effect. When it comes to Axel is good, anyway, to some extent. I like the character (I made his fanclub), I don't mind him getting his share of screen time. However, it's kind of like what people sometimes feel with overrated and blown out aspects. Take, Twilight, for example. You just start getting tired, and tired, and somehow annoyed. You don't like things shoved down at you, and you start to dislike said subject. This character is getting all this drive, and the rest, 10 more, are just standing there, while he's moving. I really don't like favoritism and bias when it comes to a game, or any type of work (oh, Axel was the staff favorite, so we gave him everything). You ignore all else, and that's what's happening here. SE/Nomura are particularly guilty of this. Milk out what's popular until it runs dry, and the others are just left in the dust (take the Turks, for instance. I doubt people were that fond of Reno back in FF7 with his sly look. Come AC, and, lo, and behold! He's everyone's favorite cause he turned utterly hot/sexy and funny, and so likable. And in turn, the Turks popularity rose *cue Turks everywhere in every compilation in some form*).

But, when you notice it, they wouldn't have had a problem with Axel, and his popularity, if they actually placed the same efforts to the other members. No doubt, each and every one can be ten times more interesting if given the chance. Larxene could make a whole story by herself, whether emotional, dramatic, insane, cruel, whatever. You can make that girl anything depending the road to take or what you want to pursue (they have done the "rough around the edges, but heart of gold" thing. Look at Axel). Luxord, we can explore more of his life, his opinions. I mean, when the Secret Report showed what he thought of children, it just...really brings it out the depth that was needed. It's those types of things that truly attach you to a character. And, the fandom always tries to think of how each member might interact or act around each other. Not only Roxas. It would have been great to have some official actions when it comes to different people. We didn't get that either. And we never, EVER, get them in the actual game. Days was just the RAX DS cart, basically. In fact, it should be called, Kingdom Hearts: The Epic RAX Game....and some Organization members here and there, meh. I just find it bad that they have to use Secret Reports to actually develop characters. It's stupid, in my opinion. If you're going to create 13 characters, then might as well do the job of actually try with who they are. We got a good chunk out of Saïx in only few minutes. Imagine if you devote some small time?

But, it's over and done with *sigh*.

Good job on the analysis, though. It really connects and ties it in. Might be an idea that you think fits with canon, and has no evidence. But we got to make up for what the game lacks in the end. And if you have a process as to Axel's character in such a correct way to just round it up, then hell.

Mikeneko

I couldn’t help liking Axel because he’s...well…so likeable, yet I never quite forgave him for what he did to my favorite character. (And Vexen, too.) So whenever he suffered, half of me was going “awww!” while the other half thought “Hah! Karma is a bitch!” :p For some reason, though, finding out about the conspiracy with Saix has kind of made me let it go. Maybe it’s because most of the Organization has done, is doing, or plans to do something terrible to somebody, so I’ve just decided that it’s unfair to judge those particular acts of Axel’s more harshly.

I wish they'd take Axel out of the “Character Derailment” section on tvtropes.org, especially since Days has helped connect the two “versions” of him. It wasn’t derailment, it was development that some people happened to disapprove of...

I like to think that the Nobodies experience blunted emotions, either through memory (which seems to be more magical than real-world memory) or from a distant connection to their hearts. But it takes a lot to make them feel anything strongly, and the constant sense of emptiness probably distracts them from what they do feel.

My favorite theory is that being a small, insular, tightly controlled group, they’ve simply convinced themselves and each other that they can’t feel anything, and each new member is indoctrinated into the Organization’s way of thinking. The first six would have been the ones who decided what Nobodies were and passed that information on to the rest—and the apprentices weren’t normal humans to begin with. They had all been corrupted by the darkness before becoming Nobodies. According to Xaldin, they actually *wanted* to lose their emotions, so they’d probably prefer to believe that they’d succeeded. Saix and Axel, the first new members, seem to have accepted what the elders told them about emotion. Saix becomes an “enforcer” like Xaldin, and Axel even dismisses Roxas’s feelings at first. On the other hand, Demyx and Luxord both seem to resent the senior members’ attempts to make them act less human. (“There goes our fun.”)

I’m afraid the official explanation will have something to do with connections to Sora, though. I dislike that idea because it would mean that only Roxas, Axel, Namine, and Xion can feel, while the rest are just faking it after all. I can’t square that idea with the times they seem to show emotion involuntarily, such as Saix’s tone of voice when he talks about Axel or Zexion’s terrified reaction when he first sees the Riku Replica.

forget-me-not

dear god i want to play this game. too bad i have to wait for september. at any rate, i thought you did a very good job on this. even though i didn't know the references you were making through most of it, if everything in 358/2 days happened the way you said it did, then this makes a lot of sense. i've always thought that axel was hit really hard about not having a heart. he's one of my favorite characters and you really did him justice. and his change between the two games makes a lot more sense to me now haha; and his... feelings for roxas do as well. i've got to admit, i began to think that he was completely in love with roxas, but when you put it this way, that roxas was what gave axel the ability to feel anything, it makes sense that he is so attached to him. great job

fantasy08

You are definitely getting reped for this twilight. As always you seem to take the words right out of my mouth. Like you It's not so much that he killed Vexen and Zexion that bothers me, I mean Sora pretty much took out the entire org and yet I still like him, no it's the sadistic way he did it that I can't forgive. You hit the nail right on the head with Nomura and co. orgasming all over Axel. Seriously the **** ride needs to stop. I know several people who are Axel's fans and even they are getting tired of seeing his face everywhere while the rest of the members take a permanent backseat. It's truly a shame that the secret reports and the novels give way more character development to the rest of the org. then the games do.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind him getting screen-time. He is Roxas friend so its to be expected, but Nomura could have given the other members especially,Xenmas, Xigbar, Vexen, Zexion, Saix, Marluxia, and Larxene, even half the character development Axel gets and they would have been better characters for it, but no. The only one's that got development were Axel of course, Roxas, and a pointless newbie instead of already established characters. The game should have been called Sob Story and the Mind-numbing Ice-cream eating in 358 Days. Staring Axel, Roxas, and Xion. A little long, but definitely a more accurate title.

Ah, Reno. He's the hottie in your avatar isn't he? I remember him. He's from Cutscene the Movie a.k.a. Advent Children. And as for the Twilight Series *vomits*:eek:

Krexia, I can't believe you're not a writer. You seem to have a true gift for it.
Sure, you with Axel and I with Saix we'll write a character analysis to blow everyone's minds, and then we will rule the fandom! Mwhaaaaa:lol:

I agree Mikeneko. I have never believed that the organization were completely devoid of emotion.There are just to many instances in the games and the novels where they show this to not be true. I to think Xenmas is the problem. Just look at what he said to Roxas when he gave him his new name. Xenmas gives them the party line of nobodies don't feel shit etc. and they believe it because they don't see any alternative to his crap when they have just lost their humanity and are blank and vulnerable. Then afterwards when they start to doubt his bull he toots the party line over and over until the shut-up about it.

Santuary

The stuff about him being an asshole is mostly because of how after Xion went insane, he just defeated her in battle an brought him back to Xemnas, who was the one responsible for making her crazy.

Beastly

Well Hello Beautiful
Really, to me Axel was a beast. He caused the deaths of all the traitors in com. And he has a cool fighting style.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
You are definitely getting reped for this twilight. As always you seem to take the words right out of my mouth. Like you It's not so much that he killed Vexen and Zexion that bothers me, I mean Sora pretty much took out the entire org and yet I still like him, no it's the sadistic way he did it that I can't forgive. You hit the nail right on the head with Nomura and co. orgasming all over Axel. Seriously the **** ride needs to stop. I know several people who are Axel's fans and even they are getting tired of seeing his face everywhere while the rest of the members take a permanent backseat. It's truly a shame that the secret reports and the novels give way more character development to the rest of the org. then the games do.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind him getting screen-time. He is Roxas friend so its to be expected, but Nomura could have given the other members especially,Xenmas, Xigbar, Vexen, Zexion, Saix, Marluxia, and Larxene, even half the character development Axel gets and they would have been better characters for it, but no. The only one's that got development were Axel of course, Roxas, and a pointless newbie instead of already established characters. The game should have been called Sob Story and the Mind-numbing Ice-cream eating in 358 Days. Staring Axel, Roxas, and Xion. A little long, but definitely a more accurate title.

THANKS :3. It's nice to see I'm not the only one, considering that's what I have felt for awhile. Though, people have agreed, on who I talked to, that they've noticed the Axel orgasm. Sometimes, I feel like Nomura shouldn't have created half of the members if they were to be scrapped so horribly and they couldn't handle it. If you're going to play favorites, then just stick with one or few, and leave it at that, considering those are who matter, apparently. The rest were just probably filler, and nothing more. And I agree with Xion. A newbie, instead of established characters. The whole game was based on her, truthfully. Her development, her cause, her whatever else to make us feel sympathy. Even Nomura admitted in an interview that they changed some scenes, and replaced it with ones that reflect her character. Like it seriously wasn't enough? o.o (oh, and funny thing, he said that she was one of his favorite characters because of how cleverly she was made. No, of course not, Nomura, we didn't notice the obvious. Not at all...>.>) As said, however, it's done. Nothing we could do except live with it. The RAX game of the series.

Ah, Reno. He's the hottie in your avatar isn't he? I remember him. He's from Cutscene the Movie a.k.a. Advent Children. And as for the Twilight Series *vomits*:eek:

Yeah, he's the hottie in my avatar =P. I am able to admit when one pixel is good looking. He's not only from Advent Children though, he's been there for awhile. Like Days, they got a Turk game called Before Crisis, which was for the mobile phone like Coded is. And you know Nomura, minus the character designs, wasn't the only one at the helm considering how everyone got appropriate development and screen time, and we get to know about each Turk in general. On a damn mobile phone.

>/

I digress, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back