• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Comics ► Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Animated Film

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Can't wait for this movie. I need to see superman's butt be kicked all over the place. Go Batman!

That would honestly be the major selling-point for me. 55-year old Batman MUST fight Superman or I will be disappointed.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
1. the superman-batman fight is one of the most iconic and important parts of the entire story. it is obviously going to be in the movie.

2. the whole discussion people have about this is just retarded, superman is pretty much a god and you wouldn't be able to do anything to that under normal circumstances.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Yeah, I love Bruce like you wouldn't believe but I agree with Paolo. Superman was severely weakened by the time Bruce got to him. Honestly, when I think of Superman I think of Goku. There's no fucking way Bruce could EVER go toe to toe with either of them. No fucking way. One good hit would probably break every bone in his body, or probably kill him instantly.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Am I the only one who didn't care about the superman fight and found it a little anti-climactic? I found his war with the mutants and the new GCPD MUCH more compelling. And Here's Hat, it's made pretty clear by the context of the end of that fight that superman didn't want to win and was holding back.

Sorax 122

Yeah, I love Bruce like you wouldn't believe but I agree with Paolo. Superman was severely weakened by the time Bruce got to him. Honestly, when I think of Superman I think of Goku. There's no kupoing way Bruce could EVER go toe to toe with either of them. No kupoing way. One good hit would probably break every bone in his body, or probably kill him instantly.

Well that's why bruce is awesome, he doesn't need to be a god to be cool. He just needs martial arts and a authoratative voice. But alas, let's not turn this into Superman Vs. Batman because unfortunately, we know how that woulld turn out. :(

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I love Batman/Bruce more than any other fictional character. Period. But Superman would almost assuredly win instantly. The only chance Batman would have is if he had Kryptonite or Superman was in a weakened state. Batman past his prime? Forget about it.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Yeah, I love Bruce like you wouldn't believe but I agree with Paolo. Superman was severely weakened by the time Bruce got to him. Honestly, when I think of Superman I think of Goku. There's no fucking way Bruce could EVER go toe to toe with either of them. No fucking way. One good hit would probably break every bone in his body, or probably kill him instantly.
One of my favourite moments, demonstrating just how in control of himself he is, is when Bruce throws a punch and Clark cops it, but says "do it again and you break every bone in your hand".

But yeah, Bruce doesn't stand a chance under regular circumstances. More people need to read Superman: Sacrifice. All it takes is six seconds.

Who's idea was it to make a god-like character whose only weakness was a rare stone, making him virtually invincible anyway.
Way to misunderstand the character. His strength doesn't come from his powers, but from who he is. And if you don't think Superman has any physical matches then you really don't know anything.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Who's idea was it to make a god-like character whose only weakness was a rare stone, making him virtually invincible anyway.

And human life. And his virtues. And how he uses his powers. He's an amazing character just like other DC Heroes, not as amazing as Batman, mind you (personal opinion only), but he is the second-strongest character personality-wise.

Sorax 122

And human life. And his virtues. And how he uses his powers. He's an amazing character just like other DC Heroes, not as amazing as Batman, mind you (personal opinion only), but he is the second-strongest character personality-wise.

I wasn't dissing his character development or anything. I'm just saying that it's unfair to have someone who can pickup buildings and flick evildoers across town, and compare him to Batman, who while still being awesome is only human. And Stooge, i do know enough to know superman isn't the only god-like person strength wise. You've got doomsday and all the rest. You're real defensive of your Superman.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I wasn't dissing his character development or anything. I'm just saying that it's unfair to have someone who can pickup buildings and flick evildoers across town, and compare him to Batman, who while still being awesome is only human. And Stooge, i do know enough to know superman isn't the only god-like person strength wise. You've got doomsday and all the rest. You're real defensive of your Superman.
You're the one who compared Batman to Superman in the first place.

I'm just tired of seeing the bullshit criticisms people make when they evidently fail to understand how the character works. If people talked about Batman with the same amount of ignorance they do Superman, you'd be pretty frustrated too.

Sorax 122

You're the one who compared Batman to Superman in the first place.

I'm just tired of seeing the bullshit criticisms people make when they evidently fail to understand how the character works. If people talked about Batman with the same amount of ignorance they do Superman, you'd be pretty frustrated too.

Um... let's just calm down. These are just fictional characters. We all have our fanboy/girl moments but, it isn't something to get angry over. And anyways, i never said Superman wasn't cool. He is a very cool character, but just a little to overpowered for my tastes.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
These are just fictional characters.

You couldn't be more wrong about that.
tumblr_m2tu4iwXHh1qlva78o2_400.jpg

They are so much more.

And the reason why Superman is as powerful as he is....is....he was the first of his kind. At the time he was created, it was enough that he was able to do anything and beat up everyone because there was nothing else like him. You didn't need an elaborate and deep character study, because HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT HE JUST PICKED UP A TRAIN, etc. It wasn't really until Stan Lee created the Fantastic Four, I'd say, that there was a demand for depth and diversity among heroes, all people cared about was that air of adventure that came from the hero saving the day. Which Superman was, and still is, the best at.

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Um... let's just calm down. These are just fictional characters. We all have our fanboy/girl moments but, it isn't something to get angry over. And anyways, i never said Superman wasn't cool. He is a very cool character, but just a little to overpowered for my tastes.
If at any stage you think I'm not calm, you're reading my posts wrong.

I'm simply telling you that saying "Superman is overpowered" is like saying Batman is useless.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar

It seems like his only weakness is a rare stone because that's the most popular one, the one that is most familiar in general. Now, I'm no Stooge when it comes to comic knowledge, but Superman is also vulnerable to magic and red solar radiation due to his physiology. And yes, if you smack him around hard enough, it will hurt him, but it just takes a kupo-load of power to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back