• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Characters?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Genocide

SA will give the best reasons. XD
personally, I prefer namine. she is more likable, less obnoxious, and I feel bad for her. Kairi is dead weight.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
I'm not a true So/Nam fan by far, but I really don't like SoKai, either. Of the two, I'd rather see him with Naminé, because she seems to be of a much more substantial character than Kairi. Sora always seemed interested in finding her and being with her, even after he figured out the deception she pulled on him..

The only thing I can really recommend you do is read Suffering Angel's essay, which you can find in her signature on any of her posts. That... is probably the most eloquent and almost full proof essay on why Sora and Naminé go better together than Sora and Kairi do.

tofudude

hmm. I always saw soras" I`ll keep going, and help namine even though she messed with my memories" atitude as just being the good "try to help everyone" character that he is.(i mean come one, almost everywhere he goes,especially in kh2 he helps random people). I never saw it as meaningful, weird huh?

Seiramu

It's the same for people that like Riku/Sora, Axel/Sora, Axel/Roxas, Riku/Namine, Namine/Kairi etc. etc.

It's the charm~

I think.

And it's cute. I know most of Sora's feelings for Naminé were fake, but the pairing is still cute and that's what attracts people.

And you know how fangirls are. When the characters like eachother for even a little bit (or even ik they don't like eachother, but they just talk...like with Axel and Larxene lol) people try to make out something of it and try to make it canon or they come with all kinds of theories to make their pairing work.

Lifes.Lover

Website
It's not so much as seeing what he does for her meaningful, but rather that he initiates the 'relationship' between the two, in a way that he never did for Kairi. If you'll notice, Kairi was the one to make all the advances to Sora. She wanted to go along with him to find Riku, he told her she'd be in the way. She wanted him to come back, but him saying he would wasn't he enough. She gives him a charm and makes him promise to give it back to her, thereby making sure he came back home, because Sora wouldn't break a promise, whereas Naminé gives him a charm, and he knows how much it means to her, and he initiates the promise to return it to her.

Personally, I'm either a SoRi fan, or a Sora with no one fan. But I like SoNami better than SoKai.

Sweet Genocide

Plus kairis kind of a biyatch for no good reason. She was making charms while sora caught fish with his bear hands, stole rope, and cloths, picked shrooms and other such shenanigans!

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
To all the people that mentioned me -

I love you guys <3

I know most of Sora's feelings for Naminé were fake

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT.

#1 misconception about SoNami, lawl.
Sora's feelings were hardly fake. He attested as much himself -

"I loved seeing you laugh... in my fake Memories, I mean. But what I'm feeling right now isn't a lie; this is real"

Naminé can't creep into his Heart and make him love her. She can creep in and implant Memories, yes, but it's Sora that in light of those Memories went and said "hot damn I want me some of that". And that would involve quite a lot of effort on Naminé's side, and seeing how, again, Sora kept going "The Memories feel right", meaning that not only did Naminé herself seemed enough like her Memory self to make sense, but Sora found his behavior in the Memories believable in light of the circumstances presented.
In other words - they were both In Character.

SoNami isn't a lie; it just never had the chance to happen for real.
And that's something Sora understood perfectly, hence the Forgotten but not Lost promise - he wanted to have it for real, because he saw that through it all, despite it all, and because of it all -
Naminé and what she presented as possible between them was worth having for real.

Rest of the SoNami part can be found here -
Strawberries and Fairy Wings - The Shadow and Her Light

And just to compare with SoKai -
Strawberries and Fairy Wings - The Princess and her Knight

I'm so happy I posted that. Saves me writing it all the time repeatedly when issues like this pop up <3

Seiramu

SufferingAngel:
Woops, guess I was wrong about that~
it's been 1-2 years since I last played the game (I played Re:com but my Japanese is nihil) so nevermind what I said.

Last edited:

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Because Naminé is much cuter and nicer than Kairi...
There's just something adorable and sweet in that pairing. <3

Seiramu said:
like with Axel and Larxene

One of my favourite pairings. XD

Seiramu again said:
SuggeringAngel

Lolwut?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Because Naminé is much cuter and nicer than Kairi...
There's just something adorable and sweet in that pairing. <3

And heartbreaking. Despite it all being a lie and mind-fucked and messed up, you can't help but want a happy ending for them >:

One of my favourite pairings. XD

Mine too @w@ true, they didn't have that much interaction, but their interaction was intense and extreme and gave us a good enough idea of how a relationship between them could be - especially since we saw the rest of their behavior all around so we could build a good image of it in our minds.
Yes, it wouldn't last and would be probably them tying each other up and whipping and what not; it's still one amazing chemistry they have going there.

She fixed it.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
Well, Namine is well liked in my/peoples opinions.

Hell, she`s better than Kairi, lol.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
And heartbreaking. Despite it all being a lie and mind-fucked and messed up, you can't help but want a happy ending for them >:

IMO, one of the best things in the pairing is the fact that it was meant to be a lie.

Mine too @w@ true, they didn't have that much interaction, but their interaction was intense and extreme and gave us a good enough idea of how a relationship between them could be - especially since we saw the rest of their behavior all around so we could build a good image of it in our minds.
Yes, it wouldn't last and would be probably them tying each other up and whipping and what not; it's still one amazing chemistry they have going there.

I agree, I agree! And it's a proof that Axel is not gay for Roxas :3
Bolded part: Weird... Those are my thoughts exactly. XD

She fixed it.

Noticed that. XD

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
hmm. I always saw soras" I`ll keep going, and help namine even though she messed with my memories" atitude as just being the good "try to help everyone" character that he is.(i mean come one, almost everywhere he goes,especially in kh2 he helps random people). I never saw it as meaningful, weird huh?

I wouldn't call it "weird"; there was a part of me that always found Marluxia's plan to be a bit silly, because Sora probably would've helped Namine anyway if he knew that the Organization was keeping some poor girl prisoner in their castle. That's just how he is: he's the hero, he likes helping people even if they're complete strangers.

But that's actually not the case in Chain of Memories. We can tell that Sora is still willing to help Namine not because he's just being nice, but because he really cares for her. How do we know? Because of the scene when Marluxia threatens to kill Namine if she refuses to break Sora's heart. And what is Sora's reaction?

Do what he says Namine! I don't care! Erase my memory! Who am I going to look after if I don't have you? So do it! Erase my memories, break my heart! I'll still have my promise. I'll still protect you!

I don't know about you, but I don't think that sounds like someone who wants to help her out just for kicks. He's desparate to keep her safe, even if it costs him deeply.

Anyways, I do love SoKai, but that doesn't mean I can't love SoNami either. I like them together, basically because of what I just posted. Even after it was revealed that all his memories of Namine were fake (which only happened because Namine cared deeply about Sora), he still forgave her and made the promise to her real.

Lifes.Lover

Website
Let's not even get into Axel/Larxene. This isn't about them, though I'm not just saying that because I'm not really into the pairing. After all, Larxene looked interest in him, flirting with him, touching him, etc., but he sure as hell didn't seem all that interested in her. So, no, it's not proof that he isn't gay for Roxas, because any level of attention he gives to Larxene is far surpassed by the attention he gives to Roxas.

But this isn't the time, or the place, so let's stay on topic.

Anyway, tofudude, I hope you realize now why we like SoNami more than SoKai, though you'll find all type of pairings here. We're a hodgepodge of people, and therefore, we have a hodgepodge of pairings. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back