• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chinese Toddler Run Over By Two Vehicles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
well then yeah there's the dilemma here.

People act extraordinarily different in action than they do in theory.

You're right there. Most people are more talk then show...

But the real question is what is withholding them inside from helping someone? I guess you could say I'm being a little bit closed-minded, but I can't imagine myself treating this subject any differently.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
You're right there. Most people are more talk then show...

But the real question is what is withholding them inside from helping someone? I guess you could say I'm being a little bit closed-minded, but I can't imagine myself treating this subject any differently.

You can apply that question to nearly anything, whether it is the life of someone or stealing something or just making a day-to-day decision. There are pressures and stresses and all kinds of pschological shit involved. And sure, you say you can't imagine that ,but you don't know how others think, and you don't know how you would react in such a situation, especially if you were one of them.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Could someone ease explain to me the reason why these people just left her on the side? I don't really have any knowledge of Chinese society so I don't know what to think of this

Absent axel

I am disgusted.

Edit: Okay, so people who do help others turned out to be scammed.... but still. Just not giving a damn and walking past like a human being is nothing and not worth their time. It's sickening.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I am disgusted.

Edit: Okay, so people who do help others turned out to be scammed.... but still. Just not giving a damn and walking past like a human being is nothing and not worth their time. It's sickening.

Well if you understand the scam thing, what do you expect? Want them to just lean over and say sorry before they walk off?

Awards
And know what! In a country with overpopulation and what I'm sure are some crazy economical issues, saving the life of someone who looks dead and is completely unrelated to them, with money being a potential issue, may just be logical.

Even if it's the 'logical' thing to do, that doesn't make it right. I understand trying to put on someones shoes and see things from their point of view, but if their point of view is morally bankrupt?... I can't see myself trying to defend them, if that were the case with everything then what's to stop more people from getting this attitude? I can't just look at their excuses and go "Oh, well I guess that's just the way it is, move along~"

Wait a minute... What sort of scams involve someone fatally injuring a child? Even if they did have to pay money it would all go into treatment and rehabilitation. Seems highly illogical that a scam was the first thing to pop into their minds. unless I'm mistaken, and con artists over there are morons.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Could someone ease explain to me the reason why these people just left her on the side? I don't really have any knowledge of Chinese society so I don't know what to think of this

"As the conversations in the media and forums continued, journalists and bloggers began looking for answers as to why so many passersby failed to lend a hand for Yue. Bloggers and netizens began citing an infamous 2006 court verdict in Nanjing as the fault, which penalized a young man named Peng Yu after he tried to help a fallen elderly woman on the streets; the judge of the case ruled that “common sense” suggested that Peng only took to the woman to the hospital because he was guilty.

In September 2011, the Ministry of Health reiterated the same principle by issuing a Good Samaritans’ guidelines that advises one to take precaution when helping the elderly. As Chinese internet users continued to discuss the impact of the 2006 ruling, “Nanjing Judge” became a trending topic on Weibo with many of them containing satirical commentaries on the Good Samaritans’ guidelines."

From the link I posted, dunno how much it actually had to do with not helping the girl.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
That was just... horrible.
And I hate to justify for all those bad people but this:
And know what! In a country with overpopulation and what I'm sure are some crazy economical issues, saving the life of someone who looks dead and is completely unrelated to them, with money being a potential issue, may just be logical.
makes sense.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Even if it's the 'logical' thing to do, that doesn't make it right. I understand trying to put on someones shoes and see things from their point of view, but if their point of view is morally bankrupt?... I can't see myself trying to defend them, if that were the case with everything then what's to stop more people from getting this attitude? I can't just look at their excuses and go "Oh, well I guess that's just the way it is, move along~"

Sometimes logic means more than morals if it guarantees safety.

"crazy zero-tolerance law"

From the link I posted, dunno how much it actually had to do with not helping the girl.

Has tons to do with it, especially since she was so badly injured. Anyone could be blamed with doing all of that harm alone, or at least a lot of it, and be severely punished.

Selfishness > Moral Compass.

Hard to say how different they are when it comes to survival.

JustDarkMemories

This footage is proof of the world's crash course. If this attitude and way of thinking spreads to the Western civilizations, we're pretty much doomed.

People should start to care more! If they didn't want to be charged for the child's murder, at least call an ambulance anonymously! There are no excuses for the pedestrians behaviour. My opinion is, it's best to at least try to save a child's life even though you know the consequences and charges this might cause you.

But I don't know their way of thinking. Maybe saving someone hit by a car equals instant jail.

*sigh* This ruined my saturday evening...

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Seems like every time something "bad" happens like this it's a sign of "the world spiraling down sobsobsob". Not like, you know, isolated incidents haven't happened countless times in the past. Like, way in the past.

JustDarkMemories

Seems like every time something "bad" happens like this it's a sign of "the world spiraling down sobsobsob". Not like, you know, isolated incidents haven't happened countless times in the past. Like, way in the past.
I know, but they're forming a pile. Too much happens behind the scenes... Do some research.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
The problem is the legal system in China, as there was a case where a helpful bystander was sued by an old woman for helping her after an accident, and she blamed it on him, and she won.

Still, I was hoping this wouldn't get posted here. It disturbed me greatly that two trucks passed by, people passed by, and no one even gave a second look to what was happening. It's horrifying.

LucasDraleau

What is wrong with people?

For one, why was that girl in the middle of the road in the first place, without her parents, nonetheless, she was only two. You don't let your two-year old go wondering by herself, especially in China, the most populated country in the world (not trying to sound racist).

Two, I can see accidentally hit her, if your going to fast, you can't stop, but why didn't anyone see her and get her. Also, why the hell didn't the guy who hit her stay. Just because you don't want to be seen helping a girl that got ran over, or be classified as the person who ran her, you need to get off your high horse and help her.

I can even see how the second person hit her, not seeing her and/or going too fast, but this goes back to the "why didn't anyone help her after the first run over, and why the heck didn't the guy who hit her stay." And then why the heck didn't he stay, he just went on like nothing happened, as well.

People are so messed up some of the time that it's ridiculous. At least, someone had the decency to help her, only after 20 others passed by like nothing ever happened. I hope that something happens to the people who ran her over and those who didn't help: be it Karma or the Law.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The world is completely hopeless to me. This is wrong, people leaving a poor child to die, the woman who got her wasn't a hero, it was only something that should've been done much earlier.

Dross263

This is one of the most sickening, heartless things I have ever seen. It's not as much the fact that she got hit by a car, because people do everyday. It's the fact that people didn't even look at her or acknowledge that she was hurt. I may not have the same mentality as any of these Chinese people but when someone is hurt or injured (especially a child) you help them. I don't give a bonk what country you are from, what religion you are, or what race you are: it's human nature.

That's wrong actually, you're living in a utopy.
Cases just like this one and some even worse happen around the world and people don't care, like, for example, vagabonds. People walk by this people and don't even look at them, even though they know that they have no home, no family, no money, no food or water, so why don't they stop and help them? Even one dollar would be a fortune in a beggar's eyes, he could eat for a day with it, so why not give them one buck even though it's very little for you? Because hey, it's a dollar! You can buy ice-cream with it!

Human nature is selfish, people know that in Somalia there are hundreds of people dying everyday because they have no acces to drinking water, and what do we do? We say "hell with it", scratch our balls, and move on. I know it's different when someone is dying right in front of your eyes, but like someone else said, the kid was pretty much dead already, and you would have to pay all the medical bills or even go to jail if you tried to help, so why not look away and pretend it didn't happen? I wouldn't, and probably you wouldn't, but most people would, and it's not a problem with chinese "culture" either.

On-Topic: In a newsletter I read that they actually talked with the first guy that ran over the girl, and he said something like "If she had died, it would've been sufficient with a compensation of 20.000 yuan (like $2500) but if I took her to a hospital, it would've been hundreds of thousands of yuan". That's still no justification, but it explains why no one helped her or called an ambulance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back