• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could KH3 be released on the series' 13th anniversary

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
I can't help but feel this could be a double-edged sword, seeing as the number thirteen is also associated with bad luck.
. . .
Please. :v

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Great idea, considering the amount of 13's in kingdom hearts but its doubtful, development for a HD next-gen game would be harder than a SD current gen game

Not really. PS4/XB1 architecture is supposed to be very easy to work with, a lot easier than working with the awful PS3 architecture and the kind of okay but limited 360 one. Non-HD titles also don't really take that much time to develop...Not in the way you're thinking they do.

Like I've said earlier, they have been trained to work with this new hardware. They had to have been to even be cleared to work on KH3. They are a group of smart developers, having figured out how to rebuild a game on scraps of data in a few years time from native PS2 code into a PS3 game on the PS3, notorious for being difficult to work with. And that was only with a handful of people working on it.

They've got this.

But seeing as the Square Enix teams tend to help each other from time to time, I think they're going to get some help when the time comes. KH3 is after all a very high profile game for them, and they're going to do their absolute best not to screw it up.

Yes, I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if a few workers who were working on XIV and LRFF have volunteered to help with KH3 while the rest moved to FFXV.

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
No I understand, I just think that its kind of funny how we've been waiting for this game for so long and when it's finally announced we decide that they could've kept us in the dark a little longer.
Kind of ironic, lol.

Fans who were so excited for FFVXIII when it first got announced probably thought the same thing...when it was announced...now look at it lol Though I have faith in the Osaka Team, all we need is for one thing to go wrong, and SE will actually be hurt by the announcement then hyped since people will be angry as anything.

I can't help but feel this could be a double-edged sword, seeing as the number thirteen is also associated with bad luck.

"Unlucky" numbers differ from country to country. The main unlucky numbers in Japan are 4 and 9, 13 is only thought of as unlucky due to Western superstitions...

Gram

Banned
Awards
As awesome, and creative, that release would be I dont want it hurried either.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
This is reasonable. Personally, I don't see any region making it to 2016 without this game.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm hoping that KH3 will be released near the end of the PS4's life cycle/near next gen. That way I'll be able to afford the console and not be behind on the series again.

kupo1121;6055251"Unlucky" numbers differ from country to country. The main unlucky numbers in Japan are 4 and 9, 13 is only thought of as unlucky due to Western superstitions...

And 4 an' 9 make 13... WOOoooOOooo, ghost noises.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm hoping that KH3 will be released near the end of the PS4's life cycle/near next gen. That way I'll be able to afford the console and not be behind on the series again.

Well, even if KH3 is released in the beginning or middle, as long as it is out by then, you can still pick up the console cheaper AND get KH3 at that time. The PS4 will no doubt last until minimum 2020 and there is no way KH3 is coming out that late o_O

Changer

Well, even if KH3 is released in the beginning or middle, as long as it is out by then, you can still pick up the console cheaper AND get KH3 at that time. The PS4 will no doubt last until minimum 2020 and there is no way KH3 is coming out that late o_O

Please don't jinx anything, I can't take another Versus 13.

Seighart

Awards
I have no knowledge of the business, but here's my take on it.

They're obviously good enough to give us new games, on different platforms, on a yearly basis. Nomura even said that he wants something in our hands while we wait for Kingdom Hearts 3. Ps4 is supposedly easier to develop for, and the time to triangle is apparently similar to the Ps2s, so at most, I'd expect a 2016 release. The time between KH1 and KH2 was what 4 years? That's just ignorance on my part but I think that's the latest we could see it.

2015 would keep the yearly KH games coming. Nomura said once they were done with FF15, they could go full force with KH3. Consider what they've shown us at E3.

They have us a movie of what it could look like, they even have playable demos. I'm not sure what "too early" means to Nomura, but it looks like they are at a good point. Last I heard they were just reaching world selection so there's that.

I think it's a 2015 release, because of the topic title lol, along with KH never really needing long development times.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura said once they were done with FF15, they could go full force with KH3. Consider what they've shown us at E3.

That was a really old statement Nomura made, which he was under the impression at the time that he'd be able to finish Versus XIII in a reasonable timeframe with a full staff from Tokyo. Things changed (not having staff to work on Versus XIII, moving it to PS4, etc.) XV is not even running on Luminous, their primary engine for next gen consoles. It is still running on a super computer engine, and a lot of what we saw still doesn't have Luminous tools used on it yet. Also now Nomura has a full staff, and has pretty much negated his own statement by the Osaka dev team working on KH3 instead.

They have us a movie of what it could look like, they even have playable demos. I'm not sure what "too early" means to Nomura, but it looks like they are at a good point. Last I heard they were just reaching world selection so there's that.

Nothing they showed in the KH3 trailer was running real time. That was all a CG representation of what the game will look like on next gen consoles. World selection is one of the earliest parts of making a KH game, and they only just recently finished pre-development work. There is a long road ahead for them.

The "playable demo" is...not really playable in the sense you're thinking of. It's barely playable, only a framework of what they think they want to do.

k99y77

Awards
I doubt KH3 would take as long as Versus/FFXV, KH doesn't need massive areas or a huge world map to be good.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I doubt KH3 would take as long as Versus/FFXV, KH doesn't need massive areas or a huge world map to be good.

It most definitely needs massive areas for me to enjoy it. I hated KH2 and BBS' maps because they were so linear (in that there was no actual exploration. Even FFXIII, which also suffered from a linear map, has more exploration than KH2 and I find that really disappointing to say because I hate FFXIII) and tiny. KH1 and KH3D were the right direction for large areas with platforming, and KH3 can push that farther by making areas even larger and worth exploring.

Like why is Olympus Coliseum three areas in BBS, one of which is just the room with save and shop, and the two others are literally squares. (Ignoring the actual coliseum part because there is nothing to do there.)

Of course we're not going to get a huge world map (since the game has various worlds) but we could get some bigger areas. Also larger areas doesn't equate to a longer development time...Once they have the textures and any necessary assets, it is a matter of putting it all together and building a location. As long as their map planner is doing their job, it should be an easy, painless process for the programmers.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
It most definitely needs massive areas for me to enjoy it. I hated KH2 and BBS' maps because they were so linear (in that there was no actual exploration. Even FFXIII, which also suffered from a linear map, has more exploration than KH2 and I find that really disappointing to say because I hate FFXIII) and tiny. KH1 and KH3D were the right direction for large areas with platforming, and KH3 can push that farther by making areas even larger and worth exploring.

Like why is Olympus Coliseum three areas in BBS, one of which is just the room with save and shop, and the two others are literally squares. (Ignoring the actual coliseum part because there is nothing to do there.)

Of course we're not going to get a huge world map (since the game has various worlds) but we could get some bigger areas. Also larger areas doesn't equate to a longer development time...Once they have the textures and any necessary assets, it is a matter of putting it all together and building a location. As long as their map planner is doing their job, it should be an easy, painless process for the programmers.

Big worlds, outside of weighted combat, might be the most important thing to me in the series. Please give us something on the scale of Hollow Bastion or Oogie Manor again, please, Cheesus Crust

krzym4n

Form what i have heard from a friend who works for Square Enix(i'm not going to give his name or position) we can expect the game as early as Q4 2014 or around christmas. Also they are far ahead in production than they have let on.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Form what i have heard from a friend who works for Square Enix(i'm not going to give his name or position) we can expect the game as early as Q4 2014 or around christmas. Also they are far ahead in production than they have let on.

I'm not doubting your connections or your friend, but this kind of info tends to be kept pretty secret and tightlipped among a small select number of people. If this is even remotely true, you have just jeopardized your friend's job despite not giving his name and position.

Just think about that.

as a point to be made, Assassin's creed is churning out HUGE worlds in a matter of 2-3 years of development. if Osaka can't match that kind of dev, I want him replaced. I graduate in 2016 and wont be able to afford kh3 afterword! :mad:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
as a point to be made, Assassin's creed is churning out HUGE worlds in a matter of 2-3 years of development. if Osaka can't match that kind of dev, I want him replaced. I graduate in 2016 and wont be able to afford kh3 afterword! :mad:

Osaka is a city, where a team of over 300+ SE staff work...Not a "he". The Osaka team is highly efficient, with an average of a 2 year turnout. They've spent ample time doing pre-dev work to make sure full development goes smooth. That isn't really what would be the problem if there were any delays, anyways.

If any issues were to arise, it'd probably be with story development (which I doubt would happen since Nomura has a very clear idea of how KH3 will end and has had it since fiveever) or company politics (which happens frequently especially with a new company president)

If you graduate in 2016, why not just save money for a PS4 and the game in the meantime? 2-3 years is ample time to save up $500 ($400 for the system and $60 for the game, then spare for any potential Limited Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back