• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Comics ► 'DC characters are bigger than Marvel's'

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Are DC's characters bigger than Marvel's?

• Yes

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Like Johns' went on to further elaborate Marvel's characters are people trying to be heroes but at DC it's heroes trying to be people

<33333

This pretty much reflects my views

E

Eyesore

He took control of the Hand, murdered Bullseye and has called for petty criminals to be executed. Essentially Brubaker left and it all went to shit.

That sounds awesome, actually. It's exactly what I expect of Matt.

Symbolizing the average joe kinda defeats the purpose of being called a superhero. We don't want them to be like us. We want them to be the heroes we've always wanted to be.

Not at all. Perhaps for people like you, but others (like myself) find the hero at it's best when it reflects us.

Dionysus

Personally, I love both companies, but DC's heroes have been around for much longer (1930's) and do have more of an impact than Marvel. =/ I do love Stan Lee's creations though.

Trag

Bronze Member
When I was reading Crisis on Infinite Earths, it felt like a bible or something. I have never read a marvel comic that made me feel that way, though I don't read much marvel, i can't see any of their characters having the ability to make something like that happen.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Also, have any of you read Vertigo's Sandman graphic novels? They're considered to take place in the DC Universe

Yeah, you read that and come up with bigger characters Marvel has

Trag

Bronze Member
The Sandman is what got me really into comics, it's fucking amazing. An epic tale.

E

Eyesore

When I was reading Crisis on Infinite Earths, it felt like a bible or something. I have never read a marvel comic that made me feel that way, though I don't read much marvel, i can't see any of their characters having the ability to make something like that happen.

House of M? Civil War? Secret Wars?
C'mon brah.

Trag

Bronze Member
None of those were as grand-scale. They were also over-thought, in my opinion. They just weren't as gripping. DC has done a better job, in my opinion.

E

Eyesore

None of those were as grand-scale. They were also over-thought, in my opinion. They just weren't as gripping. DC has done a better job, in my opinion.

Over thought? How?
And really, how 'grand' it is, is debatable.
I just assumed you were saying you hadn't read a 'grand' Marvel story arc in general.
But if you just haven't felt an epicness like it, then I suppose that's just how it is for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back