• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you forgive him?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotaHero21

Of course I forgive him, what reason could I have not? He did bust his balls to make up for it and his ends weren't intentionally dark,it was just his means that needed to be changed.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I've always wondered about something else. In Hollow Bastion, did Riku want to become stronger with the darkness to kill Sora? I always thought he just want to beat him, just to show him that he was "stronger".

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
I think I forgive him. Mainly because of what he went through in KH2. He had to hidde from his best friend, which prevented him from apologizing, and live in the thing that had nearly consumed him before. Not to mention he got his ass handed to him trying to save Sora in the Xemnas fight

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I've always wondered about something else. In Hollow Bastion, did Riku want to become stronger with the darkness to kill Sora? I always thought he just want to beat him, just to show him that he was "stronger".

I don't think there's any real proof either way in the game itself, but the Reverse/Rebirth novel makes no bones about the fact that Riku wanted to kill Sora. Gold-panner even made a point of saying that the phrase she was translating wasn't the usual euphemism, but a completely different phrase that was far more blunt.

localorange

I don't think there's any real proof either way in the game itself, but the Reverse/Rebirth novel makes no bones about the fact that Riku wanted to kill Sora. Gold-panner even made a point of saying that the phrase she was translating wasn't the usual euphemism, but a completely different phrase that was far more blunt.

@ bold: O.O What? *is traumatized*

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't think it should come as that much of a surprise. The novels' debatable canonity aside, they didn't really mind killing people they perceived to be villains in-game, and the bad guys came at them with an even stronger intent.
Half the villains coming back at one point or another doesn't change that, and wanting to off Sora actually fits with Riku's mind-set at that part of the game where if Sora wouldn't come with him, Riku doesn't need him.
Seeing how it's a novels issue though, take it as you will until we see some in-game scene stating either which way.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I never go by the novels, they aren't canon to me.

But he really did? I assumed he just wanted to beat Sora in a rematch, or to humiliate him to show that he's "stronger". I never really saw Riku as bad as the other villians. I sort of saw him like Draco Malfoy, being on a side in which he doesn't fully understand.

Last edited:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I tend to go by the plot tidbits, such as further implications that Kairi's a Wielder and that Riku was Duel Wielding, and how Riku's Memories flowed into Sora during Days and as a result of Xion complications.
If any of this is truly meaningful though, it'll be explained in-game.

But he really did? I assumed he just wanted to beat Sora in a rematch, or to humiliate him to show that he's "stronger". I never really saw Riku as bad as the other villians. I sort of saw him like Draco Malfoy, being on a side in which he doesn't fully understand. Even then, he wasn't as douchey as him for the long amount of time that Malfoy was, which was his whole life. Riku was only for a short time, a month or so I'm guessing.

But Riku was a lot more extreme in the sense that he wasn't in control. In a sense, wanting to kill Sora sits somewhat better with his will to be free - so long as Sora was alive and active, he'd always come after Riku, and so long as Sora didn't go with Riku under Riku's own terms, Riku could never be free to do as he pleased. So when all else failed and even using Kairi didn't get Sora to come obediently, one can see why Darkness-infested-Riku'd think he had no other choice.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

But he really did? I assumed he just wanted to beat Sora in a rematch, or to humiliate him to show that he's "stronger".

Here:

Riku turned and looked at the base of the mast. Kairi’s still sleeping form floated up, like a vision.

Without her heart—she wasn’t Kairi. That’s why I wanted to bring it back to her. But—I wasn’t able to. That’s all I thought about, and then here, I controlled the Heartless and tried to kill Sora. There was no reason for Sora to have wanted to meet me, a person like that…

And the author's note:
+ tried to kill Sora.------------ソラを亡き者にしようとした。The kanji亡 actually does mean death, so I’m not putting extra meaning on something like 消す here. Riku’s literally saying he was trying to make Sora a dead man.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You mean translator's notes, not author's notes.
And if it's in Neverland, yeah, it makes sense he'd have given up on Sora completely. In Monstro he still had a tiny bit of "hope" left for Sora to come with him, but then Sora refused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back