• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think Sora's father will be in it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
Probably not. The parents in KH are like the parents in Ed, Edd, n', Eddy, you know they exist but it's forbidden to show them because it might cause a rip in the fabric of reality.

This. ^ Although it might be interesting, it would go against previous norms set by the series, and would feel out of place. I would be shocked. For all we know, he doesn't even have a father, seeing as he's only been confirmed to have a mother in the first game.

k99y77

Awards
This. ^ Although it might be interesting, it would go against previous norms set by the series, and would feel out of place. I would be shocked. For all we know, he doesn't even have a father, seeing as he's only been confirmed to have a mother in the first game.
I think Riku mentioned Sora's father in BBS.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Riku mentioned that "the father of a friend" dropped him off on the island but it's never stated whose, it's just assumed that he must mean Sora's because they were together. Curiously, Sora is never directly mentioned having "parents". Even the woman's voice we hear in the first game isn't confirmed; like with Sora's "father", it's just assumed.

Ultimately, I think it's one of those "I leave it up to your imagination, lol" Nomura things.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
If I'm not mistaken (I'm going purely by memory here), Sora once implied that the kids on the Islands did have parents or a family. Shortly before he got separated from Riku that night, he questioned something along the lines of "What about the island? Our family / parents? Our friends?"

Then again, I still doubt any of their family members is going to appear in the game for reasons I and other folks here have stated.

Ruran

Awards
If I'm not mistaken (I'm going purely by memory here), Sora once implied that the kids on the Islands did have parents or a family. Shortly before he got separated from Riku that night, he questioned something along the lines of "What about the island? Our family / parents? Our friends?"

Then again, I still doubt any of their family members is going to appear in the game for reasons I and other folks here have stated.

Looking at that scene again, Sora mentions his island, home, and friends, but no family. Although I looked over the scene in BbS with little!Riku as well and it does seem to be strongly implying that he is talking about Sora's father.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

It was Riku: "We may never see our parents again." Kairi's family dynamics interest me the most, as she's implied to be the adopted daughter of the Mayor of DI, and then we have to think of her grandma. Like, what if Kairi's Grandma died before she found out what happened to her? That's sad, guys. On the flip side, if she got turned into a Heartless during the attack on Radiant Garden, then in theory she might be reformed after the destruction of the Kingdom Hearts of People's Hearts. Hm.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not sure if Sora said anything, but Riku did.

Ah, that there is the one that I was referring to. Thank you! Yeah, I remember the word "parents" was mentioned in KH1 by a main character, but who exactly said that escaped me...

Ruran

Awards
It was Riku: "We may never see our parents again." Kairi's family dynamics interest me the most, as she's implied to be the adopted daughter of the Mayor of DI, and then we have to think of her grandma. Like, what if Kairi's Grandma died before she found out what happened to her? That's sad, guys. On the flip side, if she got turned into a Heartless during the attack on Radiant Garden, then in theory she might be reformed after the destruction of the Kingdom Hearts of People's Hearts. Hm.

I feel the same, I doubt we'll ever get very deep into family dynamics in the series, but Kairi's has (and her life on DI) the potential to be the most interesting. I'm surprised it's not brought up more often tbh.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Did Sora's father ever take him fishing? Did Sora ever beat his father in a sport? Did Sora's father even noticed that Sora was gone for over a year? Do you guys think that Sora's father spanked him as a child?

These are questions that need to be answered if we're to have an idea about the dynamic between Sora and his father.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
@Master Spockanort: I gotta apologize to ya, I meant to edit some of the things I said in that comment (namely the first part being removed, which I thought I did) I'm sorry you winded up responding to that.
To bribe for your forgiveness, here's a quick Xemnas I did last night.
MKCxXH4.png

I think it's about twice the size it actually is so it might look funny.
I was gonna say dinner, but lunch sounded better.

Riku mentioned that "the father of a friend" dropped him off on the island but it's never stated whose, it's just assumed that he must mean Sora's because they were together. Curiously, Sora is never directly mentioned having "parents". Even the woman's voice we hear in the first game isn't confirmed; like with Sora's "father", it's just assumed.

Ultimately, I think it's one of those "I leave it up to your imagination, lol" Nomura things.
Re-watching the credits and I noticed she's not even listed. The woman's voice does not exist. *ghost noises*
I guess it's safe to assume that Sora has no mother and the voice we heard was his microwave.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Re-watching the credits and I noticed she's not even listed. The woman's voice does not exist. *ghost noises*
I guess it's safe to assume that Sora has no mother and the voice we heard was his microwave.

In case you were actually curious, that was Kath Soucie. I'd know that voice anywhere, especially since Sora's Mom (or whoever) has the same voice as Helga Pataki's mom.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
In case you were actually curious, that was Kath Soucie. I'd know that voice anywhere, especially since Sora's Mom (or whoever) has the same voice as Helga Pataki's mom.
I thought she sounded familiar. Thanks.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
@Master Spockanort: I gotta apologize to ya, I meant to edit some of the things I said in that comment (namely the first part being removed, which I thought I did) I'm sorry you winded up responding to that.
To bribe for your forgiveness, here's a quick Xemnas I did last night.
MKCxXH4.png

I think it's about twice the size it actually is so it might look funny.
I was gonna say dinner, but lunch sounded better.

I'm crying so hard right now. This is so wonderful ;A;

I was never mad...It's fine. This is everything I never realized I needed until now! This is how I imagine things would have been if they had actually made Sora a Xehanort. Not some terrible world-ending chaos, but Sora gaining a mom, dad, grandpa, and a bunch of brothers that baby or pick on him.

Or a robot mom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back