• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone else think that...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Multifridgeman

The 5 min challenge for Grand Spree is a bit harsh?
You have to be absolutely perfect, but with 6 racers trying to knock you over and no Retry option in the Mirage arena, you face a long loading time to get back to the MA, then a longer loading time back to GS. Several times.

That and the Captain Dark/Justice fruitball mini-game are harder than some boss battles imo.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It's a challange but it's not so difficult IMO. Also I think you can narrow it down to just 2 racers.

Captain Justice steals all mah fruit. >:I

Ralz

Just set it to two players. You'll pretty much be in the lead almost constantly.

About Captain Dark/Justice, you really can't leave let fruit fly all around the stage. The best things to do are knock bananas and grapes at him, and fast shot everything else. You'll be in good shape if he stumbles on a banana. Even with that, I still find myself with a huge disadvantage at times when he gets a lucky shot or two. Then again, hating Fruitball isn't really helping.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I managed to do 4:30 in the final race track when in Disney Town. Namely, 6 racers.
It has more to do with the timing and knowing the mini game than anything, really. Practice makes perfect.

I can only second that...practicing the sharp turning with using the brake and accelerator at the same time also helps a lot...as well as taking every shield you come across so you can just speed right through the tornados and ignore attacks from the other racers.

Practice is also what turned me from finding ice ream beat quite annoying to actually enjoy it.
With Terra I messed up big time and barely got enough points at every song to unlock the next one.
On Dessert Paradise Master I tried surely over an hour to get that Command Style...
With Ventus I performed remarkably better and I got even a few "Fantastic" scores after 4 to 5 tries on some songs.
Now, with Aqua, I'm so good I only need 3 or 4 tries to get an"Fantastic" on every song except one => Destiny Islands.
Compared to the other songs, this has a noticeable slower beat I can't get accustomed to.

For fruitball I still haven't got the real hang of it. I mostly spike all fruits with triangle and smack them towards the goal...only pineapples and bananas are always spiked at the opponents' head...lol

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Frankly it wasn't that hard for me to beat Captain Justice/Dark in the fruitball. I mean for me it only took me one or two tries. I just try to hit as much as I can and make sure I'm not the one ending up with the banana peels on my side and get knocked out by one of the pineapple fruits or whatever those spiky fruits were. And be sure to score all the grape fruits when it separates over at Pete, er I mean Captain Justice/Dark goal side.

And yeah the last race for the Mirage Arena was pretty difficult with more players on the track and especially the different routes that are on that level. But getting down to a few players would actually make the game play much easier. Although I still can't beat the Iron Imprisoner IV in the Mirage Arena and I'm doing it as Ven.

But at least I was able to complete all the mini-games in Disney Town especially the ice cream songs. I wonder what I would get if I gotten fantastic on all the songs? I mean for most of the other games when I finished the Pete fruitball I got a command style and when I finished the final race I got a new keyblade. So I wonder what I will get if I done a fantastic on one of the ice cream songs. I'm also wondering if I get something when I defeat the Iron Impronser IV in the Mirage Arena.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Frankly it wasn't that hard for me to beat Captain Justice/Dark in the fruitball. I mean for me it only took me one or two tries. I just try to hit as much as I can and make sure I'm not the one ending up with the banana peels on my side and get knocked out by one of the pineapple fruits or whatever those spiky fruits were. And be sure to score all the grape fruits when it separates over at Pete, er I mean Captain Justice/Dark goal side.

And yeah the last race for the Mirage Arena was pretty difficult with more players on the track and especially the different routes that are on that level. But getting down to a few players would actually make the game play much easier. Although I still can't beat the Iron Imprisoner IV in the Mirage Arena and I'm doing it as Ven.

But at least I was able to complete all the mini-games in Disney Town especially the ice cream songs. I wonder what I would get if I gotten fantastic on all the songs? I mean for most of the other games when I finished the Pete fruitball I got a command style and when I finished the final race I got a new keyblade. So I wonder what I will get if I done a fantastic on one of the ice cream songs. I'm also wondering if I get something when I defeat the Iron Impronser IV in the Mirage Arena.

Um...yeah, you do get something:

1. If you get a fantastic score on the master version of "Dessert Paradise" you'll get the Frozen Fortune command style.
2. If you beat the Iron Imprisoner IV you get the ultimate Shotlock for your Character.
- Terra: Ultima Cannon => Transforms the Keyblade in a big cannon and blasts all enemies with energyballs, was also used by the LS in KHII FM.
- Ventus: Multivortex => Lets Ven give credit to the meaning of his name with six twirling energy blades and a real big whirlwind. Has the highest lock-on
count with 30.
- Aqua: Lightbloom => Aqua spins around engulfed in light and fires barrages of energy beams at enemies.

The main Problem with the Iron Imprisoner IV is that annoying firespin and that you can't stagger it.
The best idea to beat him his to constantly slide/cartwheel/dodge roll away from him using the basic evasion-technique to be invulnerable for short times.
To attack it one should use shotlocks against it when it either has just finished a firespin (it stands still for a little while) or when it summons it's cage.
Photon Charge, Ragnarok or Bio Barrage works best against it.

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Yeah I later found that out in another thread apparently. And I do try to dodge roll away from the fire spin from the Iron Imprisoner IV but still when he backs me into a corner I'm done for. So basically I've been kinda leveling up while I was looking for more ice cream ingredients so I would go back and challenge that thing again. And now I've been having troubles with Vanitas's Spirit. I mean I nearly one take a quarter health down from him but he still manages to heal himself and beat me. Even when I have the ability Second Chance on me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
And as for healing, Vanitas' Remnant only heals itself when you use a cure-type spell on yourself. Use Potions, Elixirs or else items and it shouldn't heal ;)...

Last edited by a moderator:

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
I play lots of race games so I really won't have a problem with this when I have to do it for myself officially.

I tried it at gamestop, twas fun.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
5 minutes being too harsh? Ha! For me, it was too easy. Then again I found the Ice Cream beat mini-game to be extremely easy as well yet somehow people find it challenging :/

Multifridgeman

5 minutes being too harsh? Ha! For me, it was too easy. Then again I found the Ice Cream beat mini-game to be extremely easy as well yet somehow people find it challenging :/
O...kay, not quite sure how you race, but I had to do everything perfectly and get hit a maximum of twice.
As for the Ice Cream Beat minigame, I found it reeeeeeeeally easy. It's because I play drums and have played many rhythm game before, so it was nothing new.

INamineI

Its hard, but can win first try if you know where your going and correct turn timing. I beat them my first try.

Yea, slow times can be a drag, especially playing multi-player.

Crystal

Silver Member
Grand Spree in 5 mins is quite easy for me, but as for the castle circuit , if went into another long way, it might be exceed the time requirements ..xD

I'm sux in the fruit mini-game :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back