• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drakengard 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Re: Drakengard 3 - Coming to NA/EU in 2014

Drakengard 3 trying to avoid 'formulaic' JRPG - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com

"We're intentionally trying to push the envelope, even though we know we're taking a risk," Shiba said. "One of the bad things about JRPGs is that it's very formulaic. You know what to expect. There are no surprises. You get tired of it."
the more i hear from shiba the more i like him

the dude just kinda GETS it

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/14/preview-drakengard-3-eyes-on-video-impressions/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Drag-On Dragoon 3 Original Soundtrack| SQUARE ENIX

text_03.png

emi evans yes this is perfect

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

friend showed me that track and i cried tears of joy

soundtrack of the year 2014 confirmed

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

This looks cool. Should I read up on the other two games or is it ok not to since it's a prequel?

If anything, read up on the first game since this is a prequel to that. i'd also recommend playing through nier, not so much because it's strictly necessary but because it'll help you know what to expect

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Alright the story for this game is definitely getting me hyped as diddly. Gave my desktop a drakengard wallpaper so I won't forget about the game. I hope it's longer than 15 hours though.

the main campaign in nier and the drakengards weren't very long. the extra endings were pretty much a must to get the most out of the games, but getting to ending b in nier (which required me to play the second half of the game again with extra cutscenes that added gameplay time) i think only barely got me 20~ hours.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Uh isn't that spoiling the game?

Why would it? These are the pre-game stories they've been posting on the official website for months.

None of this stuff will be in the game outside of passing references. These are more to get people prepared for what the characters are like.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

New song!

It's pretty Drakengard-y.

i honestly am not a fan of drakengard's soundtrack, so this track is kind of a "meh" for me. the vocals were a nice surprise, but i'd honestly have just been happy if they had gone full nier on the entire thing.

also omg octa's story i'm dying

cent's story plus that description that he's basically a typical square-enix character that manages to somehow fuck up everything makes me think he's going to be like inuart aka a colossal failure during the entire game and two dying will be entirely his fault

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

i honestly am not a fan of drakengard's soundtrack, so this track is kind of a "meh" for me. the vocals were a nice surprise, but i'd honestly have just been happy if they had gone full nier on the entire thing.

Yeah, I didn't like the first two game's OSTs, either...Drakengard 2 notably had the worst OST of the series. I'm glad they are trying to stick to the feel of the previous games, but I agree that I would have preferred more Nier to this. I suppose one song out of four so far isn't really a good indication on where the OST leans.

also omg octa's story i'm dying

the black hole

cent's story plus that description that he's basically a typical square-enix character that manages to somehow diddly up everything makes me think he's going to be like inuart aka a colossal failure during the entire game and two dying will be entirely his fault

i still think he has more going to him. he's too in love.

Back