• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Eaters will have the same fate as the Unversed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The pure-blood heartless i guess always existed in the RoD, and Xeanhort just had the ability to summon them foe whatever reason. But the non-purebloods came into existence in the RoL through Xeanhort/Ansems experiments with people's hearts. Also I think it is safe to say that not many people in the realm of light knew about heartless. In BBSFM Aqua encountered the heartless and said something along the lines of "these aren't unversed" not "these are heartless"

But none the less, Heartless were not prevalent in the RoL at this point in time.

This is correct.
Pureblood heartless always existed in the Realm of Darkness.
In that flashback seen in BBS (which takes place 4 years before BBS no less) Xehanort "only" summons neoshadows, a pureblood variant, into the Keyblade Graveyard/Badlands which is a world of the Realm in-between.
So the notion "No heartless in the Realm of Light" in BBS is still valid as there are no heartless in the RoL.
Xehanort's power over darkness is so great that he can apparently summon neoshadows right out of the RoD with his own hands.

The emblem heartless however didn't exist until Ansem's and Apprentice Xehanort's experiments, and that was the reason for Xemnas saying to Ansem "you are the source of all heartless" => meant in relation to the RoL as it really were the experiments which resulted for one in the creation of emblems and the ability for pureblood heartless to enter the Realm of Light on their own volition.

---

@thread:

Regarding Unversed and Dream Eaters I would not be too fast labeling them as an one-time event just yet...

Awards
The emblem heartless however didn't exist until Ansem's and Apprentice Xehanort's experiments, and that was the reason for Xemnas saying to Ansem "you are the source of all heartless" => meant in relation to the RoL as it really were the experiments which resulted for one in the creation of emblems and the ability for pureblood heartless to enter the Realm of Light on their own volition.

That's really not what he meant, he says it pretty explicitly, even emphasizing "all" heartless. All heartless encompasses both purebloods and emblems, and there is nothing there to suggest that he means he is the source of one in one way, and the other in another. There's nothing there to qualify his statement, eg "in the Realm of Light" or something to that effect. By Xemnas' statement, AtW would also be the source of the Heartless in BbS, which we know isn't true. What he said was categorically false, and I think people are trying too hard to dodge the bullet.

That's neither here nor there, as it really doesn't matter at this point. Xemnas either said that out of ignorance or it was simply retconned, either way it isn't a big deal. The more important thing in Xemnas stating that wasn't its factual accuracy, but the purpose for which he said it. He was manipulating AtW's heart, making him feel shame and humiliation.

Zul

Awards
Would it suffice to say that perhaps Xemnas does not have knowledge of Heartless existing before his experiments, thus believes that even the heartless present in the RoD are a result of his doings?

SoraXVen

Would it suffice to say that perhaps Xemnas does not have knowledge of Heartless existing before his experiments, thus believes that even the heartless present in the RoD are a result of his doings?

There's really no way of answering that one way or the other. We might be able to guess once we realize how much xeanhort remembered before splitting. Although I do think we're reading a bit too much into that particular quote.
The main point is that neither pure blood or emblem were in the realm of light at that time. Meaning that each enemy type is naturally bound to a particular realm. (until outside forces intervene i suppose). That's why dream eaters are necessary for 3D. Heartless and shadows can't cross into this new realm. Plus I'm sure they will swerve some deeper purpose(at least for 3D's plot)

billyzanesucks

With Nomura, the story is bound to be complicated whether they're are multiple breeds of enemies or not. I think a combined breed is completely possible, but even if the Dream Eaters don't appear and the Unverse do, then you'd still have four types of enemies. Heck, even with just the Heartless, Nobody and "Hallowed," we'd still have three types, more than any other game, plus we're bound to how somebody enemies too. All in all, whether or not the Dream Eaters appear and a new enemy does, we'll still have a ridiculuous amount of breeds in KH3. I think that if would just be better to have an army of past breeds (H,N,DE,U) other than a new breed (H) but that's just me.
It just sounded like you meant the story would be less complicated if they had all the enemies as opposed to a new breed. It would make sense, since it's just a combination of two old breeds.

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
mabey we will have to go back to to the realm of sleep

Awards

Yeah, that's what I meant by Xemnas' ignorance.

It depends on how much he is Terra and the state of his memories. If he is more Terra and/or his memories haven't been fully restored, he probably wouldn't know about the Heartless existing before the experiments.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The main point is that neither pure blood or emblem were in the realm of light at that time. Meaning that each enemy type is naturally bound to a particular realm. (until outside forces intervene i suppose).

I'm not sure if outside forces have to intervene for them to transfer realms. The Neoshadow appears in Days in one of the worlds, and it is a Pureblood. In Days, the point of the mission is to eliminate it, so that must mean the Org. did not intervene in it. I'm not saying some outside force didn't, but if some other force did intervene to bring that Neoshadow into the RoL, it was one we don't know right now...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm not sure if outside forces have to intervene for them to transfer realms. The Neoshadow appears in Days in one of the worlds, and it is a Pureblood. In Days, the point of the mission is to eliminate it, so that must mean the Org. did not intervene in it. I'm not saying some outside force didn't, but if some other force did intervene to bring that Neoshadow into the RoL, it was one we don't know right now...

Days already takes place after Ansem's and Apprentice Xehanort's experiments.
The experiments did not only bring about the emblem heartless but also allowed purebloods from the RoD to enter the RoL on their own choosing, during the time of BBS a exceptional strong darkness user like Master Xehanort was needed to summon the heartless, they could not come at their own volition and also not into the RoL, only into the realm between.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
The story isn't being jumbled up first off. It's perfectly easy to understand. And it was clear from the beginning that HEARTLESS would be the main enemy. You are saying you'd rather be stuck with the SAME enemies in EVERY GAME? Be realistic. It is creating variety in the kh franchise, and he is adding enemies in a way that compliments the story as a whole. Each enemy thus far has held a significant role. If it was not for heartless, there would be no KH. If it were not for nobodies, Roxas nor the OrgXIII would exist. Terra would not exist as Xemnas either. If it was not for unversed, Vanitas would not exist seeing that his negativity is what created them. So if you are getting "upset" because Nomura adds new enemies every now and then, with a LOGICAL reason for their extinction, then that is pretty sad.

Ronove

I sort of have a funny feeling that Riku is going to have to fight Sora's built up inner angst as the final boss. And the RoS, well it's sort of temporary anyways right? Like suspended animation, surely?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
In the first trailer they face off against AnsemSoD and Xemnas, so I highly doubt that.

That doesn't mean they are the final bosses, and even if they are, who's to say Riku doesn't go through a battle similar to that prior or post that battle?

SoraXVen

That's actually a good point. But we're not sure if Xemnas had any of Xeanhorts memories at this point in time. Judging from the TGS trailer we'll have more insight for that in 3D. And most of those missions were just attempts to develop Rox. an Xion through battles, so it's possible he just wanted to provide a stronger enemy to fight.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Didn't all of the nobodies come into existence from the creation of the artificial heartless in the ROL. I was under the impression that nobodies only appear when the heart is unnaturally ripped from the body. This would therefore make the ROL the true realm of the nobodies. Someone please correct me if that's wrong though.

Nobodies are born from the cast off bodies and souls of strong-hearted individuals when they become Heartless.

LucasDraleau

Also, your assuming that Xemnas and Ansem are a major part of 3D based on a concept trailer that was just thrown together to show the gist of the idea of 3D. I mean Xemnas and Ansem could've been placeholders like how the heartless were and Sora and Riku's "old" clothes. That doesn't mean that we will definitely see them in any form in 3D, but then again we might not. After all, they were no where to be seen in either trailer at TGS, the one that we have seen and the extended one, but then again they could be in the RoS since they were destroyed.

LucasDraleau

However, DDD is supposed to carry as much weight as a main title, I don't think Nomura has stated that it is in fact a main title.

In my opinion the games fall into these categories:
The "Numbered" Titles are I,II,III
The "Main" Titles are CoM, BBS, BBSv2, 3D
The "Other" Titles are 358/2 Days, and Coded.
The ""Ones that aren't out or even revealed yet, so no one can speculate and throw them into one of the above categories" Titles include BBSv2,

When Nomura says that it carries the weight of a main title, I think that it means that it could be considered KH0 (BBS), KH1.5 (CoM), and KH2.5 (3D), or in other words, that it adds a lot to the story and is one of the games that if skipped would completely confuse the player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back