• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream On

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I want a bare minimum amount of bitching online when KH4 inevitably goes with the Special Edition version of RotJ's ending with ghost Hayden. Sadly, I expect lots and lots of bitching.
Will they complain? Hasn’t everybody come around on that thanks to the two-hit combo Obi-Wan & Ahsoka?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
In my head, I picture this as a fight in the Final World against a being reminiscent of Marvel’s Eternity.
Yeah something like that. Or heck, maybe have all three in the one battle (entity, MoM and Luxubar).

The only reason I say this might be a “no chance” scenario is that, in my head, this isn’t just fighting death like with the Lich, or destiny like the Whispers in FF7R. Instead, Sora is fighting the idea of world order itself, and he is snapped. Rather than the standard battle cries we’d be used to hearing, in this fight and only this fight, Sora is letting everything out, yelling his head off with every swing(think when he charged at Xehanort after Kairi was fractured in KH3, that kind of rage).

I don’t know if Nomura would be likely to write Sora as angry as that for this story, unless he made the resident Anti-Form equivalent into a pivotal story plot point.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Unreality having their own villain group like Maleficent in KH1. The group would include Loki and Darth Vader.

I have no idea for the rest of the group but I think it would be cool to have Data battles against the group in a future DLC.

Data Loki, Data Darth Vader, etc. because I doubt we're fighting the Fortellers or Darknesses yet

Soldier

Awards
In a scenario where KH4 is out, and Sora has consequences, I'd like Donald and Goofy to see the damage their constant motto of constant positivity has on the boy. That Sora internalizes all of his anger and frustration partially because of them, and that they actually own up to it. That sometimes the healthier thing to do is let somebody process their negativity and to support them through it. Not constantly crack jokes and tell them to smile.

That smiling is sometimes not the best answer, and that Sora has been through too much just to force that optimism.

(Also let Kairi actually be a character for once. Please.
You do realize that Sora having to be positive constantly is so their ship runs right? The gummi ship is literally fueled by happy faces and the many depressing things that happened to SDG during their journeys (KH 2 especially) were pretty dangerous for them because they'd be stuck in the lanes between.

Anyways, in a scenario where KH 4 is out I'd want to see the series return to its roots. KH 1 hit the happy medium in terms of balance, with the serious Final Fantasy cast intermingling with Disney characters with a few OC's mixed in and that's a hill i'll die on. KH 3's insistence on removing FF characters bar the moogles because "the plot is too bloated" is a BS excuse and Nomura knows it. Every KH game bar the mobile games that featured Olympus had some Final Fantasy character in it, it was tradition and Nomura did away with it. It could have been very easy to get Claire Farron (lightning) from FF 13 in Olympus because defying gods is kind of her thing, but nope, we just get dopey Hercules flinging Sora around like a ragdoll. The only reason why the Restoration Committee even appeared in Re:Mind was because Nomura's team wanted to see them as well as fans of the series. Had no one on his team said boo about any of the FF cast, they wouldn't even be mentioned again.

They should stop relying on using big properties like Frozen because it makes for crappy worlds that hardly anyone likes. KH is at its best when it uses Disney properties that allow them to have a lot more creative control. Famously, When developing Toy Box for KH 3 they were going to just do the first film but with SDG in it but Pixar said "No, do an original one" and look at on how that turned out. Easily one of the best integrations of KH's plot and Disney magic and it didn't feel forced in the slightest. Compare that to Frozen where most of the damn level is SDG falling off of a mountain and Sora complaining about how cold it is. If they have to, use things like Coco or Encanto, or hell even Luca that are relevant and recognizable but not too big that the house of mouse will crack down on them. That's the KH 4 I want to see, I could give less of a damn about edgy silver haired boy #4, I came for KH, and he doesn't feel like KH.

Awards
I love how they wrote up an interesting dilemma KH4 can have and your only response to it is "Um actually it's cuz of da gummi ship" even tho that running on smiles stuff has literally never affected the Gummi Ship in any way.

That and CoM callin back to it removed the Gummi ship association by just making it a general promise.

I for one think it'd be real interesting for their insistence on remaining positive to actually have a negative effect on Sora and see how he deals with it.

Last edited:

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
- Nomura has finally been able to realize his concepts from Versus XIII and people actually love how it turns out. (Or Verum Rex Is fully set up as a spin-off to accomplish this.)

- In Unreality, accessing other worlds will be done via something similar to the World Between Worlds from Star Wars. We’ll be able to unlock special “doors” in Quadratum that open new pathways in this nexus. We’ll be able to walk these paths seamlessly with no obvious load screens. (Not unlike the gateways in GoW PS4 and Ragnarok, but more seamless thanks to the PS5 SSD.) To unlock the doors, Sora will need to acquire the right keys by completing quests around Quadratum. (Make keys relevant to game mechanics again!)

- The grand magic system has further evolved from KH3 to give more variety. Instead of just -Za tier spells, we can learn various Grand Magic spells that can be equipped like Mega Flare. For balance, we do still have to combo lesser magic abilities to get the option to use them in battle.

- We get to fight more Disney villains. Also major boss battles will have multiple phases like those from FFXVI and FFVIIR.

- Whatever “Scrap and Build” is doesn’t bog down the combat. This is a mechanic I’m a little nervous about. Sounds like it could be along the lines of Ultrahand from TotK, but idk if that would work in a KH game.

- The stakes are higher with the characters exploring more mature themes.

- There isn’t much handholding to catch people up on prior events. People can read the journal or look up what’s happened so far. No reason to waste cutscenes rehashing the series’ plot like what happened in most of KH3’s non-Disney world cutscenes.
this...i want all this. especially the multi phase boss battles like in FFXVI.

Perkilator

Awards
This isn’t related to KH4 specifically, but my dream is that there’s a side game leading into it that primarily focuses on Kairi and Aqua’s training as they travel across multiple worlds to prepare to rescue Sora. I haven’t necessarily worked out how the other characters would fit into the story, but ideally they would contribute in some fashion.

All of this and more would of course contribute to KH4 later down the line.

Chie

Awards
"Training" is a codeword for "being shuffled out of the story", if they were actually doing something it wouldn't be training

SuperNova

Awards
A non-rhythm game where you play as Kairi will continue to serve as my fever dream alongside the Destiny Trio as a party side game.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I got a pipe dream for you Ariel. A call back to that apartment thread you made:

Sora wakes up realizing he's not in Kansas Destiny Islands anymore. Strelitzia (sp?) overnight becomes his room mate, he finds himself in something of an odd position hormonally as he was just shipped in the previous game. She makes it abundantly clear that they're roommates and solely that, he's put at ease. That stress is shifted when he understands he's now a responsible young adult/teen that has to come up with the "munny" to pay for his portion of the rent. Quadratum's inflation levels hit 2022-2023 levels surging 33% increase in cost-of-living (saw your one tweet about cost of apartments by you, holy hell!). Our boy detracts to his Roxas altar-ego, and hits every job posting he can find working several odd jobs, Cosplay Cafe, Waiter on a Skateboard, Paperboy, and Apprentice Pet-Groomer just to name a few.

Its 7PM, and he bursts into the apartment and stretches out on the same couch he woke up on, placing a 7lb bag filled with his earnings on the table. When he opens his eyes, we hear the opening by Utada and they play the OP Cinematic.

You just finished the prologue. Lmao.

Awards
I got a pipe dream for you Ariel. A call back to that apartment thread you made:

Sora wakes up realizing he's not in Kansas Destiny Islands anymore. Strelitzia (sp?) overnight becomes his room mate, he finds himself in something of an odd position hormonally as he was just shipped in the previous game. She makes it abundantly clear that they're roommates and solely that, he's put at ease. That stress is shifted when he understands he's now a responsible young adult/teen that has to come up with the "munny" to pay for his portion of the rent. Quadratum's inflation levels hit 2022-2023 levels surging 33% increase in cost-of-living (saw your one tweet about cost of apartments by you, holy hell!). Our boy detracts to his Roxas altar-ego, and hits every job posting he can find working several odd jobs, Cosplay Cafe, Waiter on a Skateboard, Paperboy, and Apprentice Pet-Groomer just to name a few.

Its 7PM, and he bursts into the apartment and stretches out on the same couch he woke up on, placing a 7lb bag filled with his earnings on the table. When he opens his eyes, we hear the opening by Utada and they play the OP Cinematic.

You just finished the prologue. Lmao.
Why do odd jobs when he can just go to the designated 1988 area and beat up random punks over and over

NoWay

Awards
I think we already know what the tutorial of the game is going to be. Sora waking up in Quadratum and beating the big Heartless.
Aren’t they always showing the tutorial sections/first hours in the first trailers?

I wouldn’t expect Aqua and Kairi for the tutorial, although I would like to be proven otherwise

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I wouldn’t expect Aqua and Kairi for the tutorial, although I would like to be proven otherwise
Now that would honestly be very cool to see. Have Aqua and Kairi training be the base tutorial, then cut to Sora fighting the Darkside for the newer mechanics

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Unreality having their own villain group like Maleficent in KH1. The group would include Loki and Darth Vader.

I have no idea for the rest of the group but I think it would be cool to have Data battles against the group in a future DLC.

Data Loki, Data Darth Vader, etc. because I doubt we're fighting the Fortellers or Darknesses yet
I kinda think it might be better to have Data-Palpatine instead, who'll likely go unfought in the main game & just gets thrown down the well in a cutscene. But when you factor in EU media, his fighting prowess & force powers could easily make him final boss-caliber.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I know as of Melody of Memory, Yen Sid has commanded everyone to suspend their search for Sora, but in the KH4 trailer, we see Donald and Goofy looking for him still-- It's a highly specific hope, but I hope this is them sneaking off to search for a lead of their own. Now that Riku's also missing in Quadratum, D&G might be feeling like, as they did in Traverse Town, only they can find and help Sora.

If anything, it just seems like more interesting shit happens when Yen Sid is disobeyed and ignored. I haven't seen the old bitch make a plan that worked, so they might as well start ignoring him.

I'm expecting Sora to he a little hazy at first, not remembering where he came from or who his friends are, but knowing instinctually to use the Keyblade to help people. He's carrying the stress and impact of KH3's events, and the longing for his friends, but the faces and names might be fuzzy, as it seems something similar happened to Yozora, according to the Nameless Star.

Awards
I know as of Melody of Memory, Yen Sid has commanded everyone to suspend their search for Sora, but in the KH4 trailer, we see Donald and Goofy looking for him still-- It's a highly specific hope, but I hope this is them sneaking off to search for a lead of their own. Now that Riku's also missing in Quadratum, D&G might be feeling like, as they did in Traverse Town, only they can find and help Sora.

If anything, it just seems like more interesting shit happens when Yen Sid is disobeyed and ignored. I haven't seen the old bitch make a plan that worked, so they might as well start ignoring him.

I'm expecting Sora to he a little hazy at first, not remembering where he came from or who his friends are, but knowing instinctually to use the Keyblade to help people. He's carrying the stress and impact of KH3's events, and the longing for his friends, but the faces and names might be fuzzy, as it seems something similar happened to Yozora, according to the Nameless Star.
Isn't Yozora's situation because he literally has someone else's heart in his body instead of his own

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Isn't Yozora's situation because he literally has someone else's heart in his body instead of his own

I’m interested to see what Yozora “really looks like.” And to get an explanation of the form he has now. An idea I like is that it is his video game avatar. His body was taken and so his heart went into that of a video game character he loved. Could be an allegory there about how we in real life pour our hearts into RPG characters.

I thought of a couple more dreams:

- With the exception of maybe one more trailer to give us a release window, the marketing doesn’t kick off until six months prior to release and we only get maybe 3-4 more trailers max. And they don’t reveal every world, character, and boss battle. With this being a new saga, I want them to keep an air of mystery around it.

- Quadratum has fully explorable buildings and other areas like subway systems to add depth. I’m hopeful this will be doable with the PS5. And if they’re recycling Versus XIII designs, I think we could see some interior areas similar to those in the early trailers of that game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Man, we really need a "meanwhile" side game running concurrent with KH4. Have it star Kairi, use it to feature Disney worlds not big enough to get into KH4 (cuz let's face it, they seem to only go for "big brand" properties now).
So when I made this post, the scenario I was imagining was a B tier game made by the NEO TWEWY devs. I was thinking this was likely because A the NEO team included HAND who made Days and ReCoded. And B. both NEO and MoM were developed in Unity engine, thus it was easy to imagine a new game also made in Unity as well as the team would be experienced with it.

Well as of yesterday we can flush that idea down the drain because Unity engine went to shit. https://kotaku.com/unity-engine-subscription-cost-unreal-godot-indie-dev-1850831032

Back