• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drive Forms

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Would YOU like to see Drive a forms return?

• Absolutely! Bring them back better than ever!!

Votes: 36 73.5%
  • I could care less...

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Nah, it wasn't that good.

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Fine by me. I just want it to be given a resolution. Any of the myriad of options available will do.
The weird thing is, while Yen Sid almost certainly knows about Sora's dual-wielding, he doesn't appear to be certain that Ven's Heart is residing inside Sora (although he and Mickey are considering the possibility). To me, that would seem the logical assumption, since two hearts are required to dual-wield. Or, maybe that's the reason why he suspects Sora is harboring Ven's Heart.

If he's not certain, then perhaps he's also using the exam to get clarification? I imagine that by locking Sora's skills and having him start over it'd be easier to see which tricks are purely Sora and which would be a result from a second heart.

Yes, I was agreeing with you because I think it's a marvelous idea. :3

Oh good, I thought I was being ignored. :3

The thing is, I like the concept of transformations (just something weird with me) but when they get too overpowered it sucks the fun out of it. "Command Drive" could fix that.

Yeah, probably not. Just a thought. :p

It would make them seem more formidable (probably) from a viewer's POV, but that would be it. :p

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
If he's not certain, then perhaps he's also using the exam to get clarification? I imagine that by locking Sora's skills and having him start over it'd be easier to see which tricks are purely Sora and which would be a result from a second heart.
Very good point. Besides, allowing Sora to dual-wield when Riku can't would give an unfair leverage to Sora. I know the MoM isn't a contest, but I think Yen Sid would want to evaluate them based on their own merits, not extra powers granted to one of them by a Heart that doesn't technically belong to them.

The thing is, I like the concept of transformations (just something weird with me) but when they get too overpowered it sucks the fun out of it. "Command Drive" could fix that.
I agree. I mostly just liked dual-wielding for the flashiness of it, but I think DDD probably has enough of that to tide me over.

It would make them seem more formidable (probably) from a viewer's POV, but that would be it. :p
Provided there's no regular dual-wielding in DDD, though, I still think they could do something along the lines of Days where you get the ability once to fight a really strong (final or near final) boss (obviously, implicit in that is that the boss would actually be harder than Days's Riku). Just because? x'D

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Very good point. Besides, allowing Sora to dual-wield when Riku can't would give an unfair leverage to Sora. I know the MoM isn't a contest, but I think Yen Sid would want to evaluate them based on their own merits, not extra powers granted to one of them by a Heart that doesn't technically belong to them.

True. Even more: it's absolutely necessary Sora learns to fight completely on his own merits. Their eventual goal is restoring Ven (among others). If (when) they succeed in that Sora wouldn't have access to those powers anymore anyway. (Unless they come up with a Ven D-link for Sora that would uniquely (that spelled right?) allow him (both of them?) to dual-wield due to their former connection :3 )
Basically, when you look at it that way, not having Sora dual-wield is completely justified. He's most likely going to lose the ability anyway. Though they would come in handy at the least untill Ven would be restored.

I agree. I mostly just liked dual-wielding for the flashiness of it, but I think DDD probably has enough of that to tide me over.
I daresay DDD is the flashiest of the lot so far. :p

Provided there's no regular dual-wielding in DDD, though, I still think they could do something along the lines of Days where you get the ability once to fight a really strong (final or near final) boss (obviously, implicit in that is that the boss would actually be harder than Days's Riku). Just because? x'D

Well to be honest (and disregarding most of what I sad then xD ) it could still be in. If I'm not mistaken, that was one of the things they DIDN't spoil for Days. :p (though we obviously already knew it was unlikely to not be in that game)

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
True. Even more: it's absolutely necessary Sora learns to fight completely on his own merits. Their eventual goal is restoring Ven (among others). If (when) they succeed in that Sora wouldn't have access to those powers anymore anyway. (Unless they come up with a Ven D-link for Sora that would uniquely (that spelled right?) allow him (both of them?) to dual-wield due to their former connection :3 )
Basically, when you look at it that way, not having Sora dual-wield is completely justified. He's most likely going to lose the ability anyway. Though they would come in handy at the least untill Ven would be restored.
Exactly. I like the D-Link idea, in a way, although it would make me wonder why the D-Links with the three main Keyblade wielders in BBS didn't result in dual-wielding. But like you said, Sora can't dual-wield forever. Most likely he won't even be able to by the final battle with Xehanort.

I daresay DDD is the flashiest of the lot so far. :p
Watching the new trailer I am just awed. It's just. So. Pretty. *.*

Well to be honest (and disregarding most of what I sad then xD ) it could still be in. If I'm not mistaken, that was one of the things they DIDN't spoil for Days. :p (though we obviously already knew it was unlikely to not be in that game)
Yeah, it was a bit different with Days because we knew what the end-game was, ultimately. Still, you have a good point and besides, KH games don't tend to spoil details on the final boss information and what the battle will be like. Anything is possible~.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
If they bring back Drive Forms, then make it optional for christ sake. What pissed me off about the drive forms in KH2 is that I had to level them up to gain the abilities that should have been either a collectable (Glide) or mandatory (High Jump, Dash). I hated the Drive Forms because it forced it on me if I wanted to learn these abilities. And they are so fucking overpowered.

Fuck the Drive Forms. I hate them. It's one of the reasons why I hate Kingdom Hearts II.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Exactly. I like the D-Link idea, in a way, although it would make me wonder why the D-Links with the three main Keyblade wielders in BBS didn't result in dual-wielding. But like you said, Sora can't dual-wield forever. Most likely he won't even be able to by the final battle with Xehanort.
To be honest, if they just explained that away by stating that Sora can dual-wield when D-linking because of their former connection, I'd be satisfied.

When training Sora there were pretty much 2 options: train him to use that second heart and eventually end up with Ven and a possibly useless Sora (for a while), or have competent Sora that can occasionally pull out some 2nd heart trump cards when need be untill you get Ven back. I imagine two competent wielders are better in the long run than 1 that occasionally gets a limited time powerboost.

Watching the new trailer I am just awed. It's just. So. Pretty. *.*
I know. Now it's only hoping that it's also substance and not only flash.

Yeah, it was a bit different with Days because we knew what the end-game was, ultimately. Still, you have a good point and besides, KH games don't tend to spoil details on the final boss information and what the battle will be like. Anything is possible~.

True. Days was a bit of a special case as we all new what was going to happen with the most important details, but if I remember correctly, dual wielding was spoiled but Final Form wasn't back in the day of KH2. There's always something left. :p

Riku/Sora-Rule

If they bring back Drive Forms, then make it optional for christ sake. What pissed me off about the drive forms in KH2 is that I had to level them up to gain the abilities that should have been either a collectable (Glide) or mandatory (High Jump, Dash). I hated the Drive Forms because it forced it on me if I wanted to learn these abilities. And they are so fucking overpowered.

Fuck the Drive Forms. I hate them. It's one of the reasons why I hate Kingdom Hearts II.

I can agree with u on that one, mostly because it was somewhat hard to level up, unless you found really easy ways to do it, and spend hours just doing the same thing over and over again. for me, the main hub for leveling up was Olympus coliseum, because whenever u run out of your drive meter, just talk to panic, enter one of the cups, hit start and exit, then it'll be full. plus I REALLY hated how far spread out getting the forms were. and how it was completely random when you get Final Form. like I said though, the question of this thread is, would u like to see them back, IMPROVED lol

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
and I thought of a new one for the drive forms and d-links combining. what if cloud was one? your clothes change to the dark style soldier type of Cloud and the keyblades grows to the size of the Buster sword? lol

I like the suit change... what if you gained drive form branch offs by completing tasks in other worlds. A valor form branch of could be Soldier form, hence the cloud-esque stuff, and yeah get a bigger, or armored keyblade. Your attacks become slower but more powerful.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Well that's more of what I meant... also... drive forms should come with their own keyblade sets if they never implimented them as skill trees. There should be normal Sora keyblades, and then Drive Keys. You unlock them as you level them up. So that way when say in valor form, you don't have an obnoxiously bright keyblade flailing about, you have keyblades that compliment the form better.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Sephiroth0812

We can agree on many things, but KH2 (I can't say Days seeing as I never played it), but KH2 will always be that game I hate no matter what for many different reasons already explained plus it's already been done to death.

As for the Drive Forms I like Aldrain idea I can of like starting with a base drive and as you level up it branch's out with different abilities instead of just giving any random set.

Riku/Sora-Rule

Ok time to combine them lol so first there's the command style and drive form combo. You can drive, your outfit's color changes, similar to KH2 but it will change your movement style, like the ghost drive will have you teleport, and say if one combined with something like Rockbreaker, then when you jump, it will increase the height of your jump substantially by summoning a rock to basically catapult you into the air. Also these drive forms will give you special keys to match the element and color scheme of your clothes. Second, is the combo of drive forms and d-links. Your outfit almost completely changes(and appearance can too) as you link with an ally. So if it's beast, u get a purple cape, and maybe turn into a small beast yourself. These also change your stats, so beast-sora would have higher strength and defense, but slower movements and not many combos. You also get their abilities. So again for beast there would be things like a roar, big slashes, and jumping up to make a shockwave. I'd also like to have a way of making new keys for this one too. But this time they closely resemble what weapon the ally carries, in beasts case, maybe no keyblade, just claws, or if it was Auron again, the key would resemble the battlefields of war sword etc. In both forms your have a base stat and level them up decently, starting off with a few abilities in each form and gradually gain more and more until they become powerful, but not too powerfull that the game is too easy. Also, there will be one way to level up, cuz that stuff where u had to level up valor one way, wisdom another, etc. was really dumb if u found where to easily level them up.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Ok time to combine them lol so first there's the command style and drive form combo. You can drive, your outfit's color changes, similar to KH2 but it will change your movement style, like the ghost drive will have you teleport, and say if one combined with something like Rockbreaker, then when you jump, it will increase the height of your jump substantially by summoning a rock to basically catapult you into the air. Also these drive forms will give you special keys to match the element and color scheme of your clothes. Second, is the combo of drive forms and d-links. Your outfit almost completely changes(and appearance can too) as you link with an ally. So if it's beast, u get a purple cape, and maybe turn into a small beast yourself. These also change your stats, so beast-sora would have higher strength and defense, but slower movements and not many combos. You also get their abilities. So again for beast there would be things like a roar, big slashes, and jumping up to make a shockwave. I'd also like to have a way of making new keys for this one too. But this time they closely resemble what weapon the ally carries, in beasts case, maybe no keyblade, just claws, or if it was Auron again, the key would resemble the battlefields of war sword etc. In both forms your have a base stat and level them up decently, starting off with a few abilities in each form and gradually gain more and more until they become powerful, but not too powerfull that the game is too easy. Also, there will be one way to level up, cuz that stuff where u had to level up valor one way, wisdom another, etc. was really dumb if u found where to easily level them up.

And then you take all of this, and turn it into one damn crazy skill tree. I love this :D quick somebody spam Nomoura's email!

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
What the kupo man?! I thought we were on the same team here! God we are geniouses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back