• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Elder Scrolls VI

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - New Official Trailer!!

That was freaking awsome, looks way better the Oblivion. and to think if I had not discovered Minecraft I would have seen it 2 days earlyer :(

Awards
So I just got the new US OXM in the mail this weekend, and I just opened it tonight. Flipping through the pages, lo-and-behold I find an article on Skyrim (an article I've been waiting on for some time from them). I'll try and recite only what's new or is expressed in a new/different way. I've kept up with the news flow since the GI article dropped, so there shouldn't be many problems.

After reading the article, these are the highlights I found:

• Just because a dragon flies by doesn't mean automatic death to you. When Todd compared them to big daddies, he wasn't kidding. This one quote says:
    "In theory, you can engage a dragon whenever you see one simply by pelting it as it flies past, but make sure you're ready for the fight."
    Basically that states that the dragons (not all of them, anyways) won't attack you immediately on sight. This also comes up again in a later point.

• Telekinesis spell confirmed. I don't remember if it was just speculated or not, but it's confirmed to be in the spell list. Specifically, OXM said there were 80 spells, but for those of you keeping up with the news, there's certainly a lot more versatility in the spells now.

• Speaking on dragonshouts: "The first strain of this new magic that we're shown is the ability to slow time. As you approach the carvings, one word in particular begins to glow. Once its been examined and equipped, a tap of RB slows the entire scene down for eight seconds, allowing you to casually plant arrows in the skulls of any surrounding enemies. Learn the rest of the phrase and you'll get even longer to play at being a medieval Max Payne."

• It also mentions the Unrelenting Force dragonshout, which is of course the 'knockback' shout, and also briefly mentions there's a cooldown period after each shout you do. Then it says:
    "Also, if you think you're the only one wandering around Skyrim with the ability to turn words into magic, think again."
    Now are they referring to dragons, the graybeards, or something else (and by that something worse)? I'm interested.

• The mag talks about how you actually feel like you're hitting the person with metal to flesh with each hit of the weapon. Nothing otherwise 'new.'

• You have quick menus for each hand. The example they give is say, you switch your left hand immediately from a shield to a fire spell while retaining the sword in the other. Apparently you can switch from the gritty, up-close melee to magic in almost no time spent.

• "Bethesda has struck a masterful balance between the straight-forward accessibility of placing items on each trigger, and a system that clearly offers depth and flexibility. Naturally, two-handed weapons do exist, at which point the left trigger may, for example, block with a broadsword or allow you to aim with a bow."

• There's also new dragon screen. I think it's been mentioned before, but I had yet to see the screen myself. It's basically the dragon sitting on that stone pillar, much like the one at the end of the Official Trailer that it flies off of, the one in the GI mag. Only this time it's from under and from the front, with the dragon's wings partially outstretched and his head looking away, roaring.

• "Skyrim is going to be a slightly less dangerous landscape to negotiate this time around. Rather than initiating a zany chase every time you wander near the local wildlife, many of the creatures (including giants) will simply ignore you unless you give them a reason to attack. Certain breeds are permanently pissed off, though, so don't go trying to shake hands with a frost spider."

• The article retouches on the fact that everything is being designed by hand, from the world itself to the dungeons. For the dungeons mainly, they also reiterate what we've heard in that none will be exactly alike. They then mention 'burbling underground rivers, tree roots punching their ways through walls, and odd glimpses of light from the world above' in the 'ancient Nord catacombs.'

• Supposedly Bethesda has also focused more on pacing and variety to ensure that you don't 'just find a dark corner to curl up in for a snooze.' The dungeon which they explored was Bleak Falls Barrow from the demo, and this time around there are 'far more traps and puzzles' in dungeons, which gave Bleak Falls section 'a distinctively Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade vibe.'

• *Spoiler here*
    It says instead, as they went to exit a cave, they found themselves to face to face with 'an enormous, dark gray dragon.' They point out that you can't escape these looming baddies. At some point or another, you're going to have to take these bad boys down, and it's not going to be easy.

• OXM then mentions how unlike in Oblivion, people will actually have proper jobs and schedules now. Like how, in the small town of Riverwood, it will feature such things as chopping wood, cooking, and running a sawmill. You can perform these jobs now too, 'so if you want your hero's story to include eight-hour days cutting up hundreds of logs, the option is there.' Each settlement has its own economy, and apparently you can, for example, 'ruin Riverwood's financial state by choosing to sabotage that sawmill.'

• That whole 'drop a sword in the middle of a town' deal has more weight to it, too. If the NPC that picks up the sword and likes you, they might offer it back to you in case you dropped it by accident. A neutral-feeling NPC might ask if they can have it, and one who dislikes you 'might simply nab the weapon and take off.'
    Then, if you choose to kill that person, the radiant story will then search for his/her relatives 'and may even send one of them in pursuit of you to avenge the murder.'

• Also, OXM isn't even mentioning the hints Bethesda kept dropping during the interview. Apparently there's a lot more they want to talk about but can't yet. For example:
    "We're expecting something very special from the faction system, which the team seemed to be itching to talk about."
    And that isn't referring to the Dark Brotherhood as they mention that later. I don't know what stops Bethesda's pulling on the faction system, but I'm eager to find out.

And that's pretty much it on the 'new' info guys.

vnnk

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - New Official Trailer!!

Thank you for the information sound very interesting. Cant wait to get Slaughtered by the Giants and Dragons.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Wow I was pretty 'meh' about this game at first but after reading up on it I'm definitely looking forward to it. And the graphics look superb.

D

djseiya

This one is going to be epic, despite the fact that it takes place in skyrim, i kinda wish they would have picked one of the other nations... The graphic do indeed look superb! I can honestly say i am extremely excited about this one!

But on a side note, is there no longer a chat?? Sorry i just got back :/

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

No news huh, well what race and class are you guys gonna start as?
I gonna start as a Nord seeing how I am a nord myself (sweden) and Skyrim is my home. No class in specific, just play around with all different kinds of skills seeing how I can never stick to one.

later I gonna do one mage, warrior, archer/something more and an assassin/necromancer

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

sorry for doublepost but there's new info, from IGN this time

The Elder Scrolls Evolved: What's New in Skyrim - PC Feature at IGN - I haven't read it jet

edit - there wasn't much "new" info but if you play on pc and want to mod stuff it haven't changed that much, so that won't be any problems.
They also mensionend some "carriage system that can take you to some major locations that you haven't been yet". seeing how Nords travell a lot over the world with ships and they gonna make the game much more living I hope you can use ships as well.
The enemies will level up similar to Fallout 3

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I really hate to tripplepost but there's a new videointerview with no new info but pics of both a kajiit and orc - they are awsome YouTube - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Gameplay & Dragon Details

Spoiler Spoiler Show

My translation of Swedens Gamereactor:
-It's true that bushes and grass moved already in Oblivion, but in Skyrim so much more is going on. Here are rats running around, bats living in caves, fishes jumping in the water and lots more that contributes to a living world

- The goal have been that meetings with dragons should be just like the first time you see Jurassic Park.

- A cool feture that also include a actuall game purpose is when surtain objects have hidden clues (to what abilities the weapon have?) which can only be seen if you look closly at them (in the menu) - so it won't say what special abilitys of weapons are?

- On my way from Lucan (whatever that is) I walk betwen a young lady. as long as you walk in her speed, she will talk to you like two people would talk to each other.

- If you bring up the map everything zooms out and shows the world 3-dimensional seen from above. think of it like Google Earth but with Elder Scrolls

- ...and starts to swing his way through a bunch a spider nets - I smell a lot of LotR insperation with these spiders

- The caves are filled with stuff like ... (unintressting) ... dead warriors that rises from their graves - I hope that's litteral
- ...and a dragonpriest... - starts to talk about dragontounge and mension the ability to teleport.

- Todd show us how to combine weapons, magic and shouts in a way that make the wait for the finished game almost unbarable. - show us, release a gameplayvideo!

- We also got to know that the finished adventure will contain mamuths, wolfs haunting in group and are atleast as intressted in catching a deer instead of you and there will be magical worlds to visit, kinda like the painting in Oblivion.

Awards

Kajiits are looking pretty boss.

Orc has a derp face...

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards

That's one kitty you do not want to pet. I like the Orc's expression, looks like someone pissed in his drink.

Awards
re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

252833_10150191377036404_131368351403_7044302_4843137_n.jpg

From the new Official Playstation Magazine:
GT409 from Bethblog forums said:
New Dragon Shouts: "Yol Toor"- Fire breath, "Iiz Slen" - Ice crystals, "Strun Bah Qo" - Lightning Storm. There are two others mentioned, not in the Dragon Language, Slow Time and Whirlwhind Spirit (Move quickly in one direction)

Dragons:
If injured enough, they can't fly
randomly appear
battles are unscripted

Dual weilding:
Weapon and Shield, Weapon and Torch (Yes, Torch as a weapon), Weapon and Weapon, Spell and Weapon, Spell and Spell, Two Handed Weapon

Random Quests:
Were inspired by Fallout 3's random encounters
Didn't like how fake some quests in Oblivion felt, Bethesda wants to make it feel mor real with these

Crafting:
13 different types of ore

Dialogue:
60,000 line of recorded dialogue, more voice actors

The Game World:
Each city has a unique economy, which the player can sabatoge
Guards no longer as powerful as they could end up being as Oblivion
9 seperate bounties, one for each hold, wanted criminal in one place; "Who's that" in another. :celebration:

Traveling:
Horses - More detailed then Oblivion, actually handle like horses
Fast Travel - Oblivion and Morrowind style

Skills:
Hand to Hand has been removed

Factions:
Three confirmed so far: Thieves' Guild, College of Winterhold (Mage) and Compainions (Warrior), their storylines are no longer unaware of other events in the world.
248632_10150191377051404_131368351403_7044303_6335479_n.jpg

Box_ghost

Will skyrim have bosses? Because that's what Oblivion lacked.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

This game looks so fun. e-e

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

Fun isn't the word. The-best-game-of-2011 is closer to the mark.

I also persuaded Jezza to get Oblivion and now he has it I can watch him play~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back