• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Eyesight?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I started wearing glasses in the 5th grade for a while but eventually they broke and I finally got new ones in the 8th Grade and ive been wearing them ever since. But the thing is, the glass get kinda bigger every year and I just got my new glasses yesterday and the glass comes off the frames so their kinda big. Im going to try and go soon to try and get contacts. I dont care if my eyes get to the point where I dont need glasses anymore but does anyone know how to help my eyesight so it stays the same or possibly gets a little better?

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I'm pretty sure as long as you maintain a prescription, your eyesight will deteriorate.

Other than that though, don't stare at the sun, wear safety glasses if you need them, etc. I don't think there's much else you can do otherwise.

If anyone wants to correct me, that's fine- I'm not absolutely sure on this.

Blue

home is where the heart is
What also helps is whenever you're going to be staring at a monitor for some time, try to keep appropriate distance from it (from the TV, the computer, from portable consoles etc.). Don't read/ watch TV/ play games on your consoles when it's too dark, switch on the light as soon as it gets dark.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
What also helps is whenever you're going to be staring at a monitor for some time, try to keep appropriate distance from it (from the TV, the computer, from portable consoles etc.). Don't read/ watch TV/ play games on your consoles when it's too dark, switch on the light as soon as it gets dark.

No, those're myths.

Well, as far as I've been informed. I guess I can't outright deny that what you've said is true, but a grain of salt always helps.

As for your eyesight, I can't think of much you can do, Zero. Someone else on here probably knows, but... Well, I don't.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Like Watson said, those are all myths. I've studied the human visual system enough to know. ;p

Mallorytheace

If u need glasses I'm not sure your eyes will ever get better where u don't have to wear them anymore unless u get contacts or laser eye surgery.I have worn glasses most my life and the only tip I really have is if u wear them all the time,don't. I wear my pretty much 24/7 and cause of it,its like my eyesight without my glasses has gotten worst cause my eyes are so dependent on my glasses by now.Try to wear them or put them on only when you need them and then take them off after I guess.I really should do that myself.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Er... do you have a hereditary problem with your eyes or is it just a problem that developed?

If it's hereditary, the most you can hope for is for your vision to improve somewhat but, you'll most likely be dependent on glasses/contacts for the rest of your life {like me...}.

If it's a developed problem, there's a chance it can be corrected to where your eyes will be fine without glasses. And yeah, avoiding dependency upon the lenses also helps.

The odds of your eyes being perfectly fine again is, sadly, very low.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
You all pretty much said stuff that I already knew but still thanks.

EDIT: Tenyas, my dad, mom, grandparents, never wore glasses and I dont want my eyesight to be perfect just enough so my eyesight will get a little better and stay like that.

Oriax

If u need glasses I'm not sure your eyes will ever get better where u don't have to wear them anymore unless u get contacts or laser eye surgery.I have worn glasses most my life and the only tip I really have is if u wear them all the time,don't. I wear my pretty much 24/7 and cause of it,its like my eyesight without my glasses has gotten worst cause my eyes are so dependent on my glasses by now.Try to wear them or put them on only when you need them and then take them off after I guess.I really should do that myself.
I used to wear glasses a few years ago but last year my eye doctor man said that I didn't need them anymore because my eyesight had gotten better ...
But yeah, I agree - only wear them if you feel you need to.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
My eyes got steadily worse from the age of about 8. Had to get new lenses every year or so. They're stopped changing now.

Contacts are good to get as long as you're comfortable with them. Especially disposable ones in case your sight does change.

A

Azrael

My eyesight is extremely horrible so I'm forced to wear glasses but I usually don't wear them a lot.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I heard about the carrots thing but how many am I supposed to eat a day cause ive only eaten like one carrot before.

Mallorytheace

I heard about the carrots thing but how many am I supposed to eat a day cause ive only eaten like one carrot before.

The more the better I think.Carrot's or carrot juice seems to be the way to go if u want to help your eyesight a little over time with food. Something like a bowel of carrots or a couple glass's of carrot juice everyday for maybe a month or 2 should show some improvements.I'm no expert though

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Eating carrots won't improve your vision, either.

Also, it's a total myth that your eyes become "dependent" on glasses. You get new prescriptions because your eyes are naturally getting worse. It would be the same with or without new lenses. When you take your glasses off it just feels worse because you've gotten used to seeing things clearly.

I'm going to assume that you are either near-sighted or have an astigmatism. Near-sightedness is caused by light focusing in front of your retina. This is due to problems with accommodation (which is basically when the lens contracts and expands to accommodate for the amount of light hitting the eye).

Before accommodation, light is refracted (changed). This happens mostly with the cornea. An astigmatism is typically caused by a cornea that's not the right shape.

So, looking at the causes of these defects, you can see that nothing can really improve them. And nothing that has been mentioned so far can make them worse, especially glasses!

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
^ Yup thats what I have my left cornea is elongated. For me it got to a point were they stopped getting worse and stay about the same for now. I just hate when the lens on your glasses get scratched up ehhhhhhhhhh. Just don't dumb like I was when I was 7 sitting close to the TV(1.5ft) like a ass watching DBZ and Dark wing Duck. Avoid straining your eyes.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
^ Another myth. Basically everything you think you know about eyesight is wrong. Reading in the dark does not harm your vision. Sitting too close to TV/monitors does not hurt your vision. Reading small print does not hurt your vision. Glasses do not hurt your vision. Carrots do not improve your vision.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
My eyesight has been shitty my whole life. Born two months premature, and the only scrape I come out with is the loss of vision in my right eye and shit vision in my left. Like 20/40 corrected. It's pretty bad.

I doubt staring at computer screens/tv has helped, but I can't exactly play sports, nor do I really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back